The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hello everyone,

We got hit hard with that tropical storm. It was very scary for a time. I don't have power and trees are down everywhere. For some reason I don't have internet either. I'm only able to post this bc Rich and I just left the house to go get take out for dinner. It looks like a warzone here 🤦‍♀️

Anywho, hope to hop in tomorrow.

Be well my people ✌️❤️

Trishy

Trishy,

I've been thinking about you all day, wondering if the storm would hit your area badly.  It sounds like it did.  I'm relieved you are safe.  I hope your power is soon restored.  I was without power for nine days five years ago due to a bad windstorm.  Not fun.  Take care. G

Hi everyone,

Just popped in to wish you all a better day.

The wave that hit me, left as suddenly as it came! Feeling a lot better again. Still have plenty of physical issues, but  am trying not to let them get me down too much. I go for a bike ride most days. Trying not to overdo it. It's the same as with tapering: take it slowly.

Hope we may all enjoy today!

Hello everyone,

We got hit hard with that tropical storm. It was very scary for a time. I don't have power and trees are down everywhere. For some reason I don't have internet either. I'm only able to post this bc Rich and I just left the house to go get take out for dinner. It looks like a warzone here 🤦‍♀️

Be well my people ✌️❤️

Trishy

Wow Trishy, I'm grad you are ok!! My friend's parents got hit as well, they hid in the bathroom during it. Apparently the house is ok but the entire yard with huge trees was flattened. That and the Beirut explosion made for some nail biting news yesterday. Love you girl!

Troch, glad you are feeling better!

Meems, my taper was alllll over the place! It looks nice and concise when I write it down but there were a couple of years prior to that that were a complete mess. Once I got my new Dr I got on a much better schedule. I basically held until I felt 'not awful' and then tapered again, dry cutting. I got no time for scales! My 'long' holds were usually about a month, I didn't really understand the long hold until I did the year and a half one. Girl, I completely understand the hurry! I wanted off SO bad, and it didn't help that my boyfriend at the time had gone thought benzo w/d, only he was only on them for a month and so he took a month to withdrawal and another month or so of feeling like crap and then he was back to his normal life. So of course he thought that's how everyone did it, and he thought BenzoBuddies was a bad influence, and he thought I was 'dragging it out'. So his rush for me to get off turned into my rush, and failure. When I finally left him is when I did the long hold. Thank god.

Ok all, gotta get to work. (Which just means switching tabs  :laugh:)

Love yous!

Hey Mary, Meems and Ginger,

We made it out alive ;) but man it was fast and furious!! 3 big trees fell in the woods that border my house, very scary😱 and it was loud!  We really took a beating from it. A lot of damage in CT. Trees down everywhere!  Finally got the power back on this morning at about 10:00 so I'm very happy about that. I did have to throw out from my fridge but who needed that last piece of chocolate cream pie anyway 😏

So it's clean up day! I spent most of today cleaning the inside of my house, yes inside! Leaves everywhere!! Rich and I were tracking them in from the yard last night. We were trying to get all the branches and leaves that fell out of the pool. It looks like it snowed leaves in my yard :D it's going to take a few days to clean up the yard, yay fun 😒

So I hope you guys are doing ok, I'm just dandy :thumbsup:  ;)

Love you guys,

Trishy🙋‍♀️❤️🏻

Hello everyone,

Be well my people ✌️❤️

Trishy

Wow Trishy, I'm grad you are ok!! My friend's parents got hit as well, they hid in the bathroom during it. Apparently the house is ok but the entire yard with huge trees was flattened. That and the Beirut explosion made for some nail biting news yesterday. Love you girl!

Meems, my taper was alllll over the place! It looks nice and concise when I write it down but there were a couple of years prior to that that were a complete mess. Once I got my new Dr I got on a much better schedule. I basically held until I felt 'not awful' and then tapered again, dry cutting. I got no time for scales! My 'long' holds were usually about a month, I didn't really understand the long hold until I did the year and a half one. Girl, I completely understand the hurry! I wanted off SO bad, and it didn't help that my boyfriend at the time had gone thought benzo w/d, only he was only on them for a month and so he took a month to withdrawal and another month or so of feeling like crap and then he was back to his normal life. So of course he thought that's how everyone did it, and he thought BenzoBuddies was a bad influence, and he thought I was 'dragging it out'. So his rush for me to get off turned into my rush, and failure. When I finally left him is when I did the long hold. Thank god.

Love yous!

Hey Olive,

I live in Connecticut and it was just supposed to be some high winds 🤷‍♀️ We ended up with tornado warnings all over the place, lightning was wild and the wind was just horrifying. I don't know where your parents live but I think the whole east coast got hit from this storm in one way or another. I lost power for 19 hrs. Thank God it's back on, but trees down everywhere here. Looks like a war zone.

Love you woman!

Trishy🙋‍♀️❤️🏻

Hello everyone,

Be well my people ✌️❤️

Trishy

Love yous!

Hey Olive,

I live in Connecticut and it was just supposed to be some high winds 🤷‍♀️ We ended up with tornado warnings all over the place, lightning was wild and the wind was just horrifying. I don't know where your parents live but I think the whole east coast got hit from this storm in one way or another. I lost power for 19 hrs. Thank God it's back on, but trees down everywhere here. Looks like a war zone.

Love you woman!

Trishy🙋‍♀️❤️🏻

It was my friend's parents, they live in North Carolina. So scary!

Nooooooooo not the chocolate cream pie!!!

Love you too lady.

Hello everyone,

Be well my people ✌️❤️

Trishy

Love yous!

Hey Olive,

Love you woman!

Trishy🙋‍♀️❤️🏻

It was my friend's parents, they live in North Carolina. So scary!

Nooooooooo not the chocolate cream pie!!!

Love you too lady.

Oh wow! I'm sure it was really wicked there! They had the hurricane force winds I think🤷‍♀️ I have not seen any news for a few days so I haven't been following this storm. I had to go to the benzo Dr yesterday morning, thank God it was in the morning bc all hell broke out in the early afternoon😳

Glad it's done and over with though.  Yeah,  the chocolate cream pie 😔

🏻❤️

Hi all,

Sorry to learn about the storm damage.

I  am still feeling very tired.  Laying flat in bed.

My doc wants me to stop taking the betablocker since my BP got too low.

I am feeling very dizzy cos if it. Anxiety went down. Just dan tired and sleepy all day.

I am still traumatized by the fact that I am back on valium.

This will be my last entry for a while. Be well all.

TG... that is soooo accurate! Can you give me the link to that?

Kits I got you down for the 8th  ;)

Anyone else? I'll call it our symptom tracker.....

Finished mine last week. Get to go to my ob/gyn this week for routine check up - oh yay....

If anyone wants to know this last period wasn’t as bad as the one before!

TG... that is soooo accurate! Can you give me the link to that?

Kits I got you down for the 8th  ;)

Anyone else? I'll call it our symptom tracker.....

Finished mine last week. Get to go to my ob/gyn this week for routine check up - oh yay....

If anyone wants to know this last period wasn’t as bad as the one before!

That’s great to hear!! I’m due to start in 2-3 days and so far feeling okay. Maybe we’re all going to be spared this month. 😂😂🤞🏻

Hi all -

Trishy wow sounds like such a “wicked” mess. That’s insane you lost power for 19 hours. With leaves 🍁 everywhere.  I am glad you guys are safe.  Jeeze on top of everything going on.  But you sound good and are handling it like a champ.  Good thing your not having raging sxs with all this. 

Olive - wow, your taper does sound like it was all over the place and your story with your bf.  I guess some people can do it that way.  I hate the scale too but can’t do the dry cut and hold.  My brain and CNS is like, “wth is this...no way.”  And that only happened once I hit 5mg. Patience patience patience.  I had a nice text exchange today with an old Santa Cruz friend earlier, brought back my Santa Cruz memories  😁

Today I’m “ok”.  Woke up with bad Benzo w/d rebound anxiety, bad morning sleep and then ok once I got up and moving.  I’m kind of crashing now.  It’s 2 pm PT.  I start getting fatigued but naps are F’d up since w/d. Brain zaps seem to hit when I try to nap. Weird!  Anywho, I guess I’m neutral.  Not great, not bad.  Been holding since July 21. I actually I think it was the 19th.

I have been infected with Romeo’s fleas on my feet and legs.  He’s my new outdoor cat that showed up at the end of Maggie’s life.  A few weeks before she died.  He still has his knockers so he needs to be neutered.  He’s flea infested, dirty but is “so” friendly.  I think I’m falling in love. 

Anyways kids, that’s about it. 

Love u all ❤️

Meems

We made it out alive ;) but man it was fast and furious!! 3 big trees fell in the woods that border my house, very scary😱 and it was loud!  We really took a beating from it. A lot of damage in CT. Trees down everywhere!  Finally got the power back on this morning at about 10:00 so I'm very happy about that. I did have to throw out from my fridge but who needed that last piece of chocolate cream pie anyway 😏

So it's clean up day! I spent most of today cleaning the inside of my house, yes inside! Leaves everywhere!! Rich and I were tracking them in from the yard last night. We were trying to get all the branches and leaves that fell out of the pool. It looks like it snowed leaves in my yard :D it's going to take a few days to clean up the yard, yay fun 😒

Love you guys,

Trishy🙋‍♀️❤️🏻

Wow Trishy, that sounds terrible.  So glad you guys are okay!!  At least now you have an excuse for a new pie  :D :D.  I remember the night we had golf ball size hail, hitting the roof likeI had never heard before.  Tim was out of town.  Wind knocking limbs on the roof.  Scared the crap out of me.

Glad Rich was there with you.  Love ya TT, MM..  ♥️♥️🙏♥️😷😷😷

Hi all -

Trishy wow sounds like such a “wicked” mess. That’s insane you lost power for 19 hours. With leaves 🍁 everywhere.  I am glad you guys are safe.  Jeeze on top of everything going on.  But you sound good and are handling it like a champ.  Good thing your not having raging sxs with all this. 

Olive - wow, your taper does sound like it was all over the place and your story with your bf.  I guess some people can do it that way.  I hate the scale too but can’t do the dry cut and hold.  My brain and CNS is like, “wth is this...no way.”  And that only happened once I hit 5mg. Patience patience patience.  I had a nice text exchange today with an old Santa Cruz friend earlier, brought back my Santa Cruz memories  😁

Today I’m “ok”.  Woke up with bad Benzo w/d rebound anxiety, bad morning sleep and then ok once I got up and moving.  I’m kind of crashing now.  It’s 2 pm PT.  I start getting fatigued but naps are F’d up since w/d. Brain zaps seem to hit when I try to nap. Weird!  Anywho, I guess I’m neutral.  Not great, not bad.  Been holding since July 21. I actually I think it was the 19th.

I have been infected with Romeo’s fleas on my feet and legs.  He’s my new outdoor cat that showed up at the end of Maggie’s life.  A few weeks before she died.  He still has his knockers so he needs to be neutered.  He’s flea infested, dirty but is “so” friendly.  I think I’m falling in love. 

Love u all ❤️

Meems

All animals have their own personality and it is so easy to fall in love with one, even if they have fleas.  Can you get him o a vet to be checked and get cleaned?  Romeo!!  I love it.  Love you too Meems  :):D

Hi everyone,

Hopevyouvare all doing well. I was on here a while back. I remember people talking about thyroid. Does anyone elses thyroid d around while tapering?  My dose was upped to 75 from 50 a few months ago. It was way off like never before. I feel so anxious. I know I need to get it tested, but I made a cut around the same time and I don't want to have them change it if I will level out. I cant relax my body. It's awful. I menopausal too. I feel like after my last period I felt better. Idk. Just wondering if anyone knows anything about this type of thing. I have hashimoto's.  Thank you for any help.

Hi all,

Sorry to learn about the storm damage.

I  am still feeling very tired.  Laying flat in bed.

My doc wants me to stop taking the betablocker since my BP got too low.

I am feeling very dizzy cos if it. Anxiety went down. Just dan tired and sleepy all day.

I am still traumatized by the fact that I am back on valium.

This will be my last entry for a while. Be well all.

You know we will be here if you need us Jasmine, but understand if you need a break.  I am sorry we can't answer all your questions but we try.  Thinking of you, hope your symptoms ease off soon.

Mary , 🙋🏼😷♥️🙏😘

Hi all -

Love u all ❤️

Meems

All animals have their own personality and it is so easy to fall in love with one, even if they have fleas.  Can you get him o a vet to be checked and get cleaned?  Romeo!!  I love it.  Love you too Meems  :):D

A good friend of mine is my cats’ vet tech and she’s gonna give me flea medication tomorrow.  The kind you drip on the neck. 

But as far as getting him to the vet.  Yes, I can try and do that and they can get him fixed and tested and all cleaned up.  So can my non kill shelter.  However there is a conundrum with that because of covid.  I can capture him and they will pick him up.  They have to wait 7 days to see if he’s claimed before they can do anything.  Then they can do the whole work up and test for feline HIV and other stuff.  But because of covid they are not doing adoptions so he’d be stuck in jail.  So all that being said, id just have to take things into my own hands and have a vet do the whole work up on him.  As far as I’m concerned whoever had him or has him are horrible irresponsiblE

People who I think just threw him out.  And obviously if he hasn’t Been fixed he’s not vaccinated.  Ah well.  At least I’m gonna give him relief from the fleas.  I just don’t have the money for all the work and neutered he needs.  And we’re not all that close yet.  I do t want him to get freaked out and bite me especially if not vaccinated.  So that’s my Romeo drama.  I call him Romeo cause he still has his knockers so he’s looking for a girlfriend and he is a gorgeous bobcat breed.  😻😻😻

Hi all -

Love u all ❤️

Meems

Hey Meems ,

Yup it was a wild time around here, thankfully it's outta here now. No raging sxs ... Yet  ;)

I'm loving reading about Romeo he sounds dreamy, ::)  does he date married women?  :laugh: :laugh:

He better not go knocking around or knocking up with those knockers  :laugh: :laugh:

You're awesome Meem's! Love you lady 🙋‍♀️❤️🐈🐾🐾🐾🐾

Hi all -

Love u all ❤️

Meems

A good friend of mine is my cats’ vet tech and she’s gonna give me flea medication tomorrow.  The kind you drip on the neck. 

But as far as getting him to the vet.  Yes, I can try and do that and they can get him fixed and tested and all cleaned up.  So can my non kill shelter.  However there is a conundrum with that because of covid.  I can capture him and they will pick him up.  They have to wait 7 days to see if he’s claimed before they can do anything.  Then they can do the whole work up and test for feline HIV and other stuff.  But because of covid they are not doing adoptions so he’d be stuck in jail.  So all that being said, id just have to take things into my own hands and have a vet do the whole work up on him.  As far as I’m concerned whoever had him or has him are horrible irresponsiblE

People who I think just threw him out.  And obviously if he hasn’t Been fixed he’s not vaccinated.  Ah well.  At least I’m gonna give him relief from the fleas.  I just don’t have the money for all the work and neutered he needs.  And we’re not all that close yet.  I do t want him to get freaked out and bite me especially if not vaccinated.  So that’s my Romeo drama.  I call him Romeo cause he still has his knockers so he’s looking for a girlfriend and he is a gorgeous bobcat breed.  😻😻😻

Covid is just making everything so damn complicated.  I am just glad you are doing your best to look after him.  He's a bobcat breed?  How cool.  It won't be long before he loves you too  :D

Love you guys,

Trishy🙋‍♀️❤️🏻

Wow Trishy, that sounds terrible.  So glad you guys are okay!!  At least now you have an excuse for a new pie  :D :D.  I remember the night we had golf ball size hail, hitting the roof likeI had never heard before.  Tim was out of town.  Wind knocking limbs on the roof.  Scared the crap out of me.

Oh my gosh Mary I was alone here with my granddaughter Rich was at work. He drove home in it 😱 luckily though he was here for the worst of it when we lost power at about 3:00.

I would be scared silly if we had golf ball size hail and I was alone. You're a brave lady. I would have been crying on the phone to Rich and demanding he come home :laugh: :laugh:

Love you,

TT, twisters and torrentials 💦 truly tire one out.. Tumultuous times!  :D:laugh: :laugh:

Love you guys,

Trishy🙋‍♀️❤️🏻

Oh my gosh Mary I was alone here with my granddaughter Rich was at work. He drove home in it 😱 luckily though he was here for the worst of it when we lost power at about 3:00.

I would be scared silly if we had golf ball size hail and I was alone. You're a brave lady. I would have been crying on the phone to Rich and demanding he come home :laugh: :laugh:

Love you,

TT, twisters and torrentials 💦 truly tire one out.. Tumultuous times!  :D:laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: you can come up with more T's than anyone I know  :D.    :2funny:

Love you guys,

Trishy🙋‍♀️❤️🏻

Love you,

:laugh: :laugh: you can come up with more T's than anyone I know  :D.    :2funny:

TRUE!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Good night my people! Time for bed, it's been a long couple of days. Be well my friends.

Love to all,

Trishy🙋‍♀️❤️🏻

Kits: fingers crossed for sure..i'm bracing as I'm due soon.. :(

De:I don't have any thyroid issues and I did a rapid taper so I really have no advice for you. Did you have hashimotos before tapering? Thyrois issues can def complicate things. I hope someone can help with this. maybe post it to a thread that more people read and you'll get a better response? :smitten:

Thanks Trina,

I was diagnosed pre bwd. Mt thyroid was slightly elevated. So I wasn't on meds. I will postv8n a more active thread.  Hope the hormones aren't to bad. I understand how hormones can be, ugh. Thank you

[c5...]