The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

hi Jwl, do you feel good on 1mg of valium? have you experienced tolerance?

how long did it take you to taper 20mg to 1mg of valium?

Hi Jasmine. Yes I feel really good except I'm kinda in a wave because of my tooth infection. I'm not sure what you mean by tolerance. If you mean did I ever reach a point where it was not having any beneficial effects then probably yes. If you mean did i ever experience tolerance WD then no. Every time I held I felt better. I've been tapering on and off for about 5 years. That's including many holds. But I'm probably an exception.  Many people have tapered much quicker with very little symptoms. Don't get discouraged that you've reinstated at 9 mgs. That's really not very much. I think your main priority should be to get stable.

hi Jwl, have you tried to get off before?

5 years taper is not a long time . the last time it took me 3 years to taper 4mg. and it was already really hard.

did you have anxiety and adrenaline surge during your taper?

Before I found BB, I tried to CT and experienced all the sxs you've described. It took me almost a year to get stable so I guess you could say I've been tapering for 6 years. Unfortunately, for those of us who've CT or tapered too fast, our CNS got screwed up and we've become hypersensitive. I've found the only solution is to take it nice and slow.

Don't give in to the fear that you have get rid of the "poison" ASAP.

Keep posting on this thread. I for one am thankful it's here.

JWL, why are you on gabapentin and naltrexon?

My idiot doctor put me on gabapentin, valium, and vicoden for my fibromyalgia (nerve pain). I've only recently been on LDN. It's for pain relief also.

As far as daily micro tapering, I think it's the way to go. You make tiny, almost infinitesimal, cuts every day so your body can gradually adjust. If if feel you're going too fast, you just hold at that dosage. I do the liquid Diazepam taper. It's simple and accurate. All you need is a 1 ml syringe and a 100 ml graduated cylinder.

Jasmine, when I was in you're shoes, I had those same thoughts: Am I damaged forever? Will I ever heal? Just remember WD amplifies our worries and fears. Everything gets blown out of proportion. You will heal and there's no reason your taper can't go smoothly.

Hi JWL,

did you have anxiety when you reduced?

and did the night/evening adrenaline surge settle down when you hold?

Hi Jasmine. I think all of us have had to deal with anxiety and adrenaline surges. This comes from having too much glutamate which is an excitatory neurotransmitter. You might want to think of natural supplements to counteract it instead of adding more drugs into the mix. B vitamins  (especially B-6)  are essential cofactors needed to convert glutamate to gaba. I take Holistic Health All in One but it's pretty expensive. Other good supplemsnts are: taurine, ginger, vit c, and L-Theanine. Valerian root has a good calming effect. I know it's hard to do in our present environment but exercise is also good. I remember when I was in your condition having to force myself to take walks and it did help. I guarantee you things will settle down, you just need to hold for as long as it takes.

Mary they're drilling by your house and you live in Texas? Go running to see if they've found some petrol in those rocks and you can claim some!

I'm glad the drilling stopped. Withdrawal is bad enough without a driller tormenting you. You just started a little window and you're going to cut? How long do you wait when you get a window to cut again? I'm asking in case I ever get a window, which I'm really starting to doubt. I never really get windows, I just feel less like crap sometimes and I call that "feeling good",but it's nothing like when we really felt good, before all this tapering hell.

Lol, I wish there was oil there!!  :D. I have slowly been tapering for about a month and a half now. 

Just .1 every 13 to 15 days, so I have eeked my way down from 8.3 to 8, hopefully to 7.9 in about 5 more days.  Going very slow. I haven't had a window since Feb 2019.    Ohhhhhhh, for a window

:laugh: :laugh:  I am not feeling horrible right now, but far from really good.  Keep your fingers crossed for me, I am so sick of looking at that 8  :laugh: :laugh:

Jasmine I have no idea when the scary visions could go away, but it's a great sign that you are seeing improvement. I would go to the living room at night, "sleep" on the couch and have the TV on all night on low volume with funny tv shows. At least, I did that last summer and it really helped me, although we all have to find the tricks that help us as we're all different.

Valium that is exactly what I do.  It does help sometimes. G

Mary they're drilling by your house and you live in Texas? Go running to see if they've found some petrol in those rocks and you can claim some!

I'm glad the drilling stopped. Withdrawal is bad enough without a driller tormenting you. You just started a little window and you're going to cut? How long do you wait when you get a window to cut again? I'm asking in case I ever get a window, which I'm really starting to doubt. I never really get windows, I just feel less like crap sometimes and I call that "feeling good",but it's nothing like when we really felt good, before all this tapering hell.

Lol, I wish there was oil there!!  :D. I have slowly been tapering for about a month and a half now. 

Just .1 every 13 to 15 days, so I have eeked my way down from 8.3 to 8, hopefully to 7.9 in about 5 more days.  Going very slow. I haven't had a window since Feb 2019.    Ohhhhhhh, for a window

:laugh: :laugh:  I am not feeling horrible right now, but far from really good.  Keep your fingers crossed for me, I am so sick of looking at that 8  :laugh: :laugh:

I'm keeping my finger crossed for you Mary and visualizing you next to a 7.

Jasmine I have no idea when the scary visions could go away, but it's a great sign that you are seeing improvement. I would go to the living room at night, "sleep" on the couch and have the TV on all night on low volume with funny tv shows. At least, I did that last summer and it really helped me, although we all have to find the tricks that help us as we're all different.

Valium that is exactly what I do.  It does help sometimes. G

Gingermint it really help doesn't it? Another one I watched all night last summer was Mary Bead's documentaries on "the romans". It was still hell, but a tiny bit better to endure. Now I'm much better though. I no longer need that thank God. But I still sleep on the couch because my upstairs neighbor makes noise all night.

🙋🏼7.      :)

🙋🏼7.      :)

Mary, you will make it to 7.9.  It's a real moral booster when you reach a goal.  I thought I'd never get to 0.1 but I finally did.G

Trishy can you add some oomph to this mask?

3qFHI6p.jpg

That skirt like thing would cover the new Trishy butt we've heard so much about  :laugh:

Trishy, you need to get that Diet Coke caffeine down some more.  How about mixing 1/2 caffeine and 1/2 decaf, could you drink that girlfriend? 

I drink out of a plastic 32 oz glass, 2/3 rd water, alittle unsweetened tea, and light cranberry juice.

I need a lot of water and I just hate it, so I mix things to make it drinkable.  Think on that so you can reduce that Diet Coke some :smitten: :smitten:

Last night while I was watching TV, my heart raced to 91 bpm then went back down to normal.  NEVER had this before.  Not sure what caused it.  :sick:

Last night while I was watching TV, my heart raced to 91 bpm then went back down to normal.  NEVER had this before.  Not sure what caused it.  :sick:

GP, truly sounds like withdrawal, but you know the drill, if it worries you, call the Dr.  Mine has irregular beats once in a while, but I change my breath and it goes away almost immediately.

Trishy can you add some oomph to this mask?

3qFHI6p.jpg

I’ve been tempted to actually get one of these masks.  :laugh: :laugh:

Hahaaa v! I look back at my posts and I'm ashamed! Lol. Just went to the store with my sexy pink mask!! I didn't know you were so low on your dose! Awesome! Still take it sloowwww! You want to be in functional shape. I hope you sx ease up soon.

Hey mm! Good to see u posting. I'm sorry about the drilling. You and sly must be vibrations g! Ugh. Glad you getting lower on your taper that's awesome!!! Love you too!

Gp, I've had that and it stops. I'm sure watching g the news made it worse. When I watch it It I feel my anger and pulse go up. But always get checked u know the drill.

Hi everyone! Too many posts for me to keep up. Hope your all in decent shape. Hang in there, we will make it through this!!! ❤❤❤❤

i am not doing well guys,

i have non stop anxiety- i feel like i have to dose every 2 hours to keep it at bay and still keeping at 9mg/day

i am depressed  symptoms have abatted but i have hard time dealing with the chemical anxiety.

Edit: Removed disallowed content.

Hi jasmine,

The anxiety is a common sx. Can you work though it. Take a walk. Listening to anxiety coping skills on utube. Meditation. Distract! It will pass. Dont feed into the anxiety it makes it worse. I have this alot. Do t l iui sten to the thought it's not normal anxiety.

Hi Dehytq2,

thank you for this. i just took a walk with my husband.

bless his heart, i love him so much.

this is such an awesome group of people, i wish it could be separate from BB site. my husband monitor where i go on the website and i can only be on this part of the forum since this is where i should be.

i don't care if it takes me 10 years to get off that stuff as long as:

A) i don't build tolerance, i.e. don't need to take more to calm down my anxiety- it is my 4 times back on it so my CNS is fried, i don't have the energy and mental thoughness to go through it again. i also have 2 small kids who need me.

B) i can micro micro taper at a snail pace with the Grace of God without delibittaing symptoms, right now only the thought of anxiety coming back gives me goosebump. i am very fragile

i see that you all seem doing very well, with posting images of kitten and all, i wish i could feel this good, right now all i think about is that i have re-instated and feel so terrible about it. i cried for days.

but as my husband said i am alive and one day at a time.

those are the symptoms that are gone after 7 days of re-instatement:

tremor (head/hand)

full body jerk

all day adrenalien surge

inner vibration at the base of teh spine

inabilty to sit still

heart palpitations

burning chest and all over body

head rpessyre

sinus pressure

burning eyes

blurry vision

muscle stiffness, frozen mode

intrusive thought (the worst- guilty about the past, i was ready to end it all- until i started lexapro again)

insomnia no sleep at all

teeth chattering

complete incontinence

symptoms that are still here:

chemical anxiety for few minutes until i dose

nightime adrenaline surge after midnight (OMG, like stephen king movie)

fear of taking benzo (a big one for me)- i think that is because i have to dose multiple times and each time i think how bad it is for my brain and that will be brain damage

thank you for giving me the opportunity to write all this

hi Jwl, do you feel good on 1mg of valium? have you experienced tolerance?

how long did it take you to taper 20mg to 1mg of valium?

Hi Jasmine. Yes I feel really good except I'm kinda in a wave because of my tooth infection. I'm not sure what you mean by tolerance. If you mean did I ever reach a point where it was not having any beneficial effects then probably yes. If you mean did i ever experience tolerance WD then no. Every time I held I felt better. I've been tapering on and off for about 5 years. That's including many holds. But I'm probably an exception.  Many people have tapered much quicker with very little symptoms. Don't get discouraged that you've reinstated at 9 mgs. That's really not very much. I think your main priority should be to get stable.

hi Jwl, have you tried to get off before?

5 years taper is not a long time . the last time it took me 3 years to taper 4mg. and it was already really hard.

did you have anxiety and adrenaline surge during your taper?

Before I found BB, I tried to CT and experienced all the sxs you've described. It took me almost a year to get stable so I guess you could say I've been tapering for 6 years. Unfortunately, for those of us who've CT or tapered too fast, our CNS got screwed up and we've become hypersensitive. I've found the only solution is to take it nice and slow.

Don't give in to the fear that you have get rid of the "poison" ASAP.

Keep posting on this thread. I for one am thankful it's here.

JWL, why are you on gabapentin and naltrexon?

My idiot doctor put me on gabapentin, valium, and vicoden for my fibromyalgia (nerve pain). I've only recently been on LDN. It's for pain relief also.

As far as daily micro tapering, I think it's the way to go. You make tiny, almost infinitesimal, cuts every day so your body can gradually adjust. If if feel you're going too fast, you just hold at that dosage. I do the liquid Diazepam taper. It's simple and accurate. All you need is a 1 ml syringe and a 100 ml graduated cylinder.

Jasmine, when I was in you're shoes, I had those same thoughts: Am I damaged forever? Will I ever heal? Just remember WD amplifies our worries and fears. Everything gets blown out of proportion. You will heal and there's no reason your taper can't go smoothly.

Hi JWL,

did you have anxiety when you reduced?

and did the night/evening adrenaline surge settle down when you hold?

Hi Jasmine. I think all of us have had to deal with anxiety and adrenaline surges. This comes from having too much glutamate which is an excitatory neurotransmitter. You might want to think of natural supplements to counteract it instead of adding more drugs into the mix. B vitamins  (especially B-6)  are essential cofactors needed to convert glutamate to gaba. I take Holistic Health All in One but it's pretty expensive. Other good supplemsnts are: taurine, ginger, vit c, and L-Theanine. Valerian root has a good calming effect. I know it's hard to do in our present environment but exercise is also good. I remember when I was in your condition having to force myself to take walks and it did help. I guarantee you things will settle down, you just need to hold for as long as it takes.

Hi JWL, can you give me the name of the holistic supplement?

i so appreciate your presence on this forum

do you guys dose multiple time a day or just once a day?

I dose twice a day. I don’t know if I need to, but I think it’s best to keep a more steady level of the drug in my system. I only dosed once a day during my taper last year.

Kit,

what were you symptoms when you reduced?

you did a fast taper down 20mg and you are in such a low dosage! i envy you

are you feeling okay now?

Kit,

what were you symptoms when you reduced?

you did a fast taper down 20mg and you are in such a low dosage! i envy you

are you feeling okay now?

My symptoms were mostly anxiety related, but in my taper last year it was breeze most of the time with increased anxiety around certain times in my cycle. I tapered too fast and it came back to bite me. If I had slowed down instead of speeding up and jumping at too high a dose I would probably be off for good now, but shoulda coulda woulda. I have had some form of SI come and go throughout both tapers, it was the worst right after I jumped and reinstated last year. To the point that I was preparing myself to be put in a psychiatric hospital. It took a few months after I reinstated to feel somewhat "ok", but this second taper has not been a cakewalk like the previous one was. I took some rescue doses early on in my current taper and they did nothing. I think this is likely because Valium takes a while to build up in your system, whereas more potent benzos act quickly. I have a lot of pain in my legs that comes and goes, especially in my inner thighs and I get awful burning skin sometimes as well, but they don't last. That's a big thing I remind myself... these symptoms don't last forever.

you are almost off, there is no rush. believe me, i have been off many times and the goal is to stay off and take care of your CNS the next 3years.

i didn't, too many responsibilties at home and i burned, now i am back at it.

i don't put a date when i will be off, i am so grateful that today at this very minute i feel good enough to take my kids to the park and that they still have a mom.

[8e...]