The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

anyone sleep okay even with slow slow tapering?

I did Jasmine. Like I said a daily micro-taper isn't as hard on the CNS as cut and hold.That said insomnia is just one one the side effects of WD.

I'm still in a wave. I think in addition to my tooth infection it could be my C/O to liquid D (Roxanne). I'll just keep holding until it goes away

should I mark you ladies on my calendar in red pen?....lol

Sorry had to joke...its either laugh or cry in this.

I'm schedule my life around it right now.....

But "Miss fortitude" on a thread today commented on this saying hers were bad too but now are not. I was glad to hear that!

LOL I’m just dreading it cause it’s coming soon!

Good morning everyone,

Suzy the lidocaine shots could be helpful. Maybe troschetter or Jwl know something about that line of treatment. I actually heard about that years ago and I wanted to try it but nobody did it where I live. You had to go to Argentina for that so I obviously didn't. Maybe now it's more extended. Does your insurance cover that? It does sound expensive  :(

Jwl thank you so much for your kind comment. I'm so glad you're in this group as you're very helpful to all of us. That quote Suzy mentioned about measuring a hundrer times before cutting sure applied to your job and to tapering too. I have two scales for my dry cutting and I cut the pill and weigh it in one scale three times and then in the other scale three times and only then I consider I have the dose right.

Jasmine, I know how much you're suffering but you just let time pass and make it through one other day.

Trishy I hope you wake up with no palpitations today. It's probably smart to hold until those subside but you know better as you've been doing this for a long time.

Bikhawks I switched from valium to generic diazepam two months ago and I'm still feeling that.

Morning Sutt! Are you already out walking your doggies? I bet a lot of people approach you with the dog excuse for a chat. It must be great fun when you're in a wave and everyone wants to pet your dogs  :sick:

Your daughter is such a hard worker, you must be so proud of her. Yesterday I called the school. They're starting on September 9th and it's going to be at school, not online (unless there's a new lockdown of course). I'm glad because TBH my daughter needs to socialize. She hasn't actually been with anyone her age since March. Only via zoom or whatsapp. She doesn't seem too worried though. She can put up with me better than anyone else can. Of course I'm much nicer to her than I'm to anyone else. I hope you have a good day Stutt. Soon you won't have to take that pill. Freedom is just around the corner for you.

Mary you're so silent. I hope you're writing in the other threads with your friends. Pain can bring anyone down and yours is so bad, but you always find a way to lift yourself up and you will this time too.

Morning Trotschetter. I hope you're still enjoyint this new stage with less pain. Do you think it's the paroxetine that did the job. In any case, I'm glad you're feeling so much better.

Morning Val,

So nice you're more or less standing in for Stut.

I don't even know what lidocaine is, so I can't help you there.

Today is the 5Th day after making a small cut again, and this is the first day I feel it. Didn't sleep too well, woke up early and have a little more pain. Maybe I did a bit too much biking as well. How knows, anyway I'll be taking it easy today. Hope it settles down again.

Yes, I do think the Paroxitine made me feel this much better. The anxiety ( with which you are so familiar) is almost completely gone. That makes a world of difference. And the nausea stopped after 1,5 years.

Hope you're doing OK. You sound so much better than a few months ago.

Try to enjoy you day. :thumbsup:

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Morning Val did you get my cheque in the post for being my stand in 😉? Lovely to see you post more.l know you are struggling honey but it will settle down.

I must say l read a lot on here sayiing l was great at my job,l am beautiful etc l was always told self praise is no recommendation however I am very very proud of my daughter she works damn hard and she deserves everything she gets.

I have my long walk over me and thankfully it was quiet sometimes it can take me twice as long to walk the same route.lt really pisses me off.

I believe that the kids need to get back to school the social interaction is as important as walk they learn from books.Sadly most kids are very isolated and live on their phones.Thank God my daughter is very sociable so she is constantly out meeting her friends.

I really hope cases stay low so that we all can have a little normality back in our lives.Has baldy been about?

I hope things start to level off for you soon honey.love you.X

Morning Val,

Today is the 5Th day after making a small cut again, and this is the first day I feel it. Didn't sleep too well, woke up early and have a little more pain. Maybe I did a bit too much biking as well. How knows, anyway I'll be taking it easy today. Hope it settles down again.

Yes, I do think the Paroxitine made me feel this much better. The anxiety ( with which you are so familiar) is almost completely gone. That makes a world of difference. And the nausea stopped after 1,5 years.

Morning Troch that sounds about right for the cut to begin to kick in.l know as l got around 1 mgs the withdrawal didn't kick in properly until the second sometimes third week.l really hope it passes soon honey and it will.Just keep doing what you are doing and don't overthink it.love you.X

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Morning Trish good for you definitely a great distraction twiny.l would imagine it will be beautiful.No we only decorate at Xmas thank God 😵. Listen honey your heart symptoms will settle down.l know you have the heart health anxiety however you have had everything checked out so this is withdrawal and it will pass.lt could also be caused by all the worrying so keep working on that damn anxiety.Keep going you are doing an amazing job.love you my lST X

Morning Meems yes a lot of new buddies thank goodness we really need to keep this support group going.l know everyone wants to get off this crap quickly however for some of us this is the best way to get off and stay off.l am sorry your dealing with the spike in covid cases just keep yourself safe honey.l think we will all see a spike in cases as lock down has eased.love you.X

Morning JWL were you on antibiotics for the infection?l really hope your wave doesn't last long.love you.X

Morning Suzy well you had to get it checked out and l would definitely say withdrawal.Nothing they can do about it.l know there will always be that fear that they have missed something that's health anxiety however that is something that you must focus on and work on.You can do it honey.love you.X

Morning Jasmine l really don't to say too much at this time as you are very anxious and scared and you will latch on to the negatives.Now l think your husband is right do not stay on this forum too long and don't read too many horror stories.Just take this a day at a time and let everything settle down.As for tapering we can talk about that at a later date when you are feeling less overwhelmed.love you.X

Sending love to all here.X

Thanks you guys. I think its wd too. I feel like I def strained the muscles they were weak anyway. I did he e pain in my arms about 6 yrs ago artwork. Have some bulging g discs. It went away after a cortisol e shot. This was prebenzo wd. So I guess I need to strengthen my muscles. I'll just let it settle and hope thers no damage.

Thinking of everyone a d hopi g we all have a great day and enjoy the thi gs you can. Tt great idea with your new projects! I'm going to make a vision board. I just woke up sorry if I'm not making sense. ❤❤❤❤✌👍

Thank you Stutt. It's not that my daughter lives on her phone, it's that her friends' parents are scared of their children going out with friends and passing the virus to the grandparents, so they haven't met as a group since before the pandemic for that reason. I would be fine with her meeting friends but some of the kids in her group live with the grandparents so they're not meeting. I must say what happened in my city in March and April was pure hell so many people are still very very careful and interacting as little as possible.

Thanks you guys. I think its wd too. I feel like I def strained the muscles they were weak anyway. I did he e pain in my arms about 6 yrs ago artwork. Have some bulging g discs. It went away after a cortisol e shot. This was prebenzo wd. So I guess I need to strengthen my muscles. I'll just let it settle and hope thers no damage.

Thinking of everyone a d hopi g we all have a great day and enjoy the thi gs you can. Tt great idea with your new projects! I'm going to make a vision board. I just woke up sorry if I'm not making sense. ❤❤❤❤✌👍

Suzy a vision board is such a great idea! I think I might copy that. Lisa A Romano who I really like, talks a lot about making a vision board. I hope you get an effective treatment for your neck.

Morning Val,

Trotschetter, you sound like a different person! I think it's going to be easier for you to taper the benzo now that you're feeling so much better.

You should v! They say think of all the things you want to have or be after wd. Not things like wi ming the lottery, porches, lambriginis, you know what I mean, reasonable things. Also,

So, put your name in the middle. I hope you do one too, its healthy for the brain and healing!!

You should v! They say think of all the things you want to have or be after wd. Not things like wi ming the lottery, porches, lambriginis, you know what I mean, reasonable things. Also,

So, put your name in the middle. I hope you do one too, its healthy for the brain and healing!!

Suzy I'm in! But not only for after withdrawal. I think we can seek happiness while we taper as well, because this is going to take a loooong time for me at least.

Your right! I we can set little achievable goals. We need to feel good sx about ourselves and have a purpose during this. I'm excited! I got these little sticky letter, a big cardboard white board and other random stuff!!! Weeee

Hey twin,

Yes, I think my anxiety and caffeine have a lot to do with the palps this time over wd. I will just hang out until I feel I'm able to make the cut so it will take as long as it takes I guess.

I think you need to decorate and have more holidays over there  :2funny: :2funny:

I hope everything is ok with you. Is your little friend still with you? I do hope you get to enjoy the beach very soon, it would be so good for you! I know how much you love it 🙏

Take care of yourself my lovely friend. I'll be around for the foreseeable , she says with a sigh 😔

Love you! LST ❤️

Good morning everyone,

Suzy the lidocaine shots could be helpful. Maybe troschetter or Jwl know something about that line of treatment. I actually heard about that years ago and I wanted to try it but nobody did it where I live. You had to go to Argentina for that so I obviously didn't. Maybe now it's more extended. Does your insurance cover that? It does sound expensive  :(

Jwl thank you so much for your kind comment. I'm so glad you're in this group as you're very helpful to all of us. That quote Suzy mentioned about measuring a hundrer times before cutting sure applied to your job and to tapering too. I have two scales for my dry cutting and I cut the pill and weigh it in one scale three times and then in the other scale three times and only then I consider I have the dose right.

Jasmine, I know how much you're suffering but you just let time pass and make it through one other day.

Trishy I hope you wake up with no palpitations today. It's probably smart to hold until those subside but you know better as you've been doing this for a long time.

Bikhawks I switched from valium to generic diazepam two months ago and I'm still feeling that.

Hey Val,

I'm a holdin! Not moving until I feel comfortable enough to go for it and so far that's not yet 😔

So your daughter will be returning to school? That'll be very good for her and you. Just make sure she takes all the proper precautions so you two stay well. I'm a bit nervous about my grandkids going back in early September. I'll be babysitting the new one and I'm worried about that as we don't know what fall and winter will be bringing. I may have to wear a mask to take care of my baby grandson 😭 this just sucks!

Be well my friend,

Trishy ♥️

Mary,

Yoo hoo girl it's been ages!! Where for art though? I think you need to check in with me, you know this is concerning when you're a no show for days.

I realize Texas is in deep down there so you need to let me/us know you're ok.

Love you lady,

TT ❤️❤️🙏

Hi all, so today is day 4 without Maggie.  I hate how this event triggered my sxs. Got Benzo flu and depression today along with anxiety, nausea and lack of appetite. Normal life Grief from a death plus wd is NOT fun. 

DD - I love the vision board idea.  I have done one years ago when I was seeing one of my therapists but never put my name in the middle.  I have a sticky note on my scale that says “this too shall pass!” 

I’m out of words today but reading everyone’s posts.  They are wonderful.  Hugs to all. 

Meems 😿

Hi meems,

I'm sorry you are struggling. You should make another vision board. I'm not sure were I heard about the name. I read stuff everywere. Hang in there, I swear it gets better!

Hey Meems, I’m so sorry about Maggie, that is the worst. When I lost my 18 year old girl, it affected me so much. That, and some other really hard things in my life were the beginning of my Benzo journey. I still tear up sometimes thinking about her and I lost her 6 years ago. Now my Olive girl is gone.. all to say that I understand your pain. She was part of your family. Now she is your guardian forever. 💗 Take all the time you need to grieve for her.

Hi meems,

I'm sorry you are struggling. You should make another vision board. I'm not sure were I heard about the name. I read stuff everywere. Hang in there, I swear it gets better!

Thank you 🙏 One day at a time!  Sometimes one minute at a time!

M -

[c2...]