Menstrual Support Group

Sinnerman - welcome to the thread. I just wanted to say good job on your taper, you are making amazing progress! Looks like you'll be jumping really soon. How are you feeling?

I can't seem to keep up anymore with my period, it has a mind if its own. I can relate to the fear of your period, I definitely experience that too. Periods in w/d are like adding insult to injury  :-\

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [je...]

• [Ki...]

• [He...]

• [pr...]

Top Posters In This Topic

[7a...]

Hello ladies.

Has any of you stared spotting here and there well before the actual period?

It felt like I was getting my period yesterday. I was emotional and down all day and very anxious.

A restlessness I could not get rid of.

My period is not due for another two weeks at least but I spotted a little last night.

I'm probably ovulating, I felt it.

But I never have before. I'm always on the dot.

I'm worried about it.

During periods I am not able to really cut. I just go so bad. Really revved up xs, almost like I cut a double dose feeling.

I do a daily liquid taper and hate to hold long, since it screws up my continuum.

But it's just impossible to do anything during the period.

If anyone had this, please post? I'm worried....

:hug:

I think spotting during ovulation isn't so unusual Mooski (google it.. don't worry it is a safe medical google ;))

I got a teeny tiny discolouration too.

Also, a few women do feel a bit of a s/x rev during ovulation that then subsides and then creeps back up pre-menstrual and of course during 'that' period

It could have been why I was a little revved this week. I dunno. I get some relief post period. And some relief mid cycle just after ovulation. Then when pre-menstrual rolls along my sleep falls away first. Then .. well you know the drill.

I'm back using a tiny bit of estrogen because I just can't handle feeling that crappy especially when it doesn't mean any headway with this drugs. My main goal is getting off this freaking drugs so I use what hormonal help I can in the meantime.

:hug: again Mooski... I'll be hoping you wont get hit so hard during that next certain feared and loathed period of time

Smiff, I don't know what is going on. This has turned into a full blown period now and it hurts more than usual... It is not discoloration...

I was never irregular. It is hitting me hard.

Just about 2 weeks early.  :-\

Mom of One,

My period was all over the place during tapering and even now at 11 months off.  I had it start as much as two weeks early at least 4 times.  It's also been long and heavy, and then short and light.  Before this w/d, I was very regular.  I'm sorry that you are being hit hard....this is SO not fun!  :'(

[7a...]

Mom of One,

My period was all over the place during tapering and even now at 11 months off.  I had it start as much as two weeks early at least 4 times.  It's also been long and heavy, and then short and light.  Before this w/d, I was very regular.  I'm sorry that you are being hit hard....this is SO not fun!  :'(

Thanks for sharing.... I was real worried about it.

Hoping it won't be a long one. :smitten:

Hi Mom,

I was always very regular too, and at one point I was getting my period every 2-3 weeks. I don't even know how that is possible, but it happened. One thing that has been weird is I used to have heavy periods, and now they are on the lighter side. Ive heard they can switch in w/d from what is normal for you. Hope you feel better, Jenny

Helloooo ladies!

I'll read back but I wanted to say a quick hello

Fortunately I'm on the feel good week. Then it is pretty much downhill again for another pre-menstrual and menstrual crapola.

I was just re-reading perseverance's stuff and she was talking about all the hormones being reduced. I suspect that is part of why we suffer from the effects of the lows in the hormones more. That and a whole lot of way too complicated BS to do with the relationship between hormones, GABA receptors, cortisol yada yada yada

I'll keep checking in and be back after a period (before my period really ;))

Welcome Smiff :)

[7a...]

Hi Mom,

I was always very regular too, and at one point I was getting my period every 2-3 weeks. I don't even know how that is possible, but it happened. One thing that has been weird is I used to have heavy periods, and now they are on the lighter side. Ive heard they can switch in w/d from what is normal for you. Hope you feel better, Jenny

Thanks Jenny.

It's barely ten days after the last one and I go kind of nuts during the periods.

I guess I will have to check this up to Wd.... :-\

:smitten:

Moo

Helloooo ladies!

I'll read back but I wanted to say a quick hello

Fortunately I'm on the feel good week. Then it is pretty much downhill again for another pre-menstrual and menstrual crapola.

I was just re-reading perseverance's stuff and she was talking about all the hormones being reduced. I suspect that is part of why we suffer from the effects of the lows in the hormones more. That and a whole lot of way too complicated BS to do with the relationship between hormones, GABA receptors, cortisol yada yada yada

I'll keep checking in and be back after a period (before my period really ;))

Welcome Smiff :)

Thanks Jenny :)

Yes there are LOTS of reasons we have low hormones when in w/d. First benzos make us have low hormones anyhow cause they inhibit  everything including their production. Next when we are under stress our hormones - estrogen and prog - get converted to cortisol and DHEA to supposedly help us deal with that stress. Yea thanks with that because we all looovee the icky feeling of cortisol. I know I'm happy to have an even more unpleasant period just so I can have more cortisol  ::)

Anywho.. low hormones means wacky periods: lighter, irregular, worse PMS etc.

One word for you people: LAME

I too suffer like a dog during my period.

My one and only consolation is that under benzos I had quit having it for many years . So when it comes, even if I am in great pain, I also feel like I am sticking out to benzos  :boxer:!!!

That said, I am in terrror for the next period! :therethere:

Yep sky, I always am dreading it too! Just curious how was everyone's period before benzos? Mine was always heavy, crampy-- but nothing compared to what it became on benzos.

[8f...]
my period, always stayed the same, on or off, benzos. ive always had increase in anxiety, dizziness, nausea, insomnia, headaches b4 menses. This only began in my 40s, I believe...I don't remember having any issues b4 40.

Hi Ladies,

I am really getting slammed during this month's period. This morning I woke up at 4 to a big cortisol rush and I have been very anxious and symptomatic since (it's a little after 8 now).  I've had dry heaves, benzo-rhea, internal vibrations, jitters, depression, anxiety through the roof.  UGH!!  :'(  My period only lasted 2 1/2 days this time and ended yesterday afternoon, but I'm still getting slammed. 

I am feeling SO discouraged (yet again...as I seem to say EVERY time that I am in a wave).  I keep thinking "what if this stays, or gets worse?"  I know it won't, I know that overall I am healing and doing well, but I feel that stupid benzo fear.  Right now I feel like I should change my profile signature to say 20% healed....

I am trying to be proactive about this wave.  I just got back from a 2 1/2 mile walk, I'm going to get in the shower, then I'm going to go help out with the basketball team's parking lot sale.  I'm praying this wave ends soon!

I sure hope you all are having a better few days than me!!  Periods REALLY are terrible during recovery.  At least we can say that with each one we are a month (more or less) further down the healing road.... 

[7a...]

Mine was always regular. On the dot.

Only physical xs. Lower back pain, head ache, bloating but nothing too funky.

Now it's the mental stuff that's thrown in. Feeling worse for sure.

Dizzy, crying, the " make it stop" feeling....

It's like I just made a double cut on my Valium.

Just like you ladies: dreading...really dreading my next one. I can not cut on period days.

I did it last night anyway. Stupid.

Jenny, Kiddo, thank you for the welcome  :smitten: I'm planning to jump on Thursday. Compared to yesterday (day 1 of my period), I feel almost good  :laugh: I even had 6 hours of broken sleep last night!!! Without nightmares!

HealingHope, I can relate. My period arrived yesterday at 4 am with cortisol rushes, brain buzz, racing thoughts, and my heart was pounding so much I could hear it. By 10 am I was in complete terror, and all I could think it will never gonna end, I can't live like this anymore, etc. My anxiety gradually subsided during the afternoon, and I feel a lot better now. Our hormones are really messed up during w/d, period is like adding fuel to the fire, but it WILL get better. It's fantastic that you can stay active during your wave, I also try to distract myself with walking, exercise, housework, gardening, etc. I hope your wave will pass very soon.

Hi everyone,

I can relate to everything you are saying. The mood swings, crying, aching--the cortisol surge and anxiety are pure hell!

Healing~ I have felt exactly the same way-you are feeling good, and then your period comes and your back to hell. Good job for getting out of the house today, I hope it helps.

Mom~ No more cutting during a period, okay? :smitten:

Sinnerman~ good luck on your jump, let us know how you are doing okay  :)

[7a...]

Hi everyone,

I can relate to everything you are saying. The mood swings, crying, aching--the cortisol surge and anxiety are pure hell!

Healing~ I have felt exactly the same way-you are feeling good, and then your period comes and your back to hell. Good job for getting out of the house today, I hope it helps.

Mom~ No more cutting during a period, okay? :smitten:

Sinnerman~ good luck on your jump, let us know how you are doing okay  :)

Yeah... I know Jenny. But im doing a daily taper. And if I hold too long, my schedule goes out of whack. And I feel worse. That's the dilemma. Cut and feel worse or not cut and get screwed anyway ( pardon my language , I'm just frustrated).

I had to kind of work my way around the periods with my holds. I do less cuts during period.

But now that it came just 10-12 days after the previous period...I don't know how to work around anything.

Every time I think I get it figured out, something else comes up.

It's maddening!

Anyway, here is to hoping it won't last long and we all get some relief.

I hear ya Mom, it gets very tricky especially if you are doing it daily- I can see how it messes your schedule up. Just do the best you can, that's all we can do right :thumbsup:

Periods weren't a problem before benzo w/d for me.

I had some issues as a teenager. It is kinda like that.

But more like how Mum described it: like taking a cut. Periods basically feel like benzo w/d to me.

I feel great now in my highest hormone time of the month.

If only we could have high hormones all the time we'd be out of this bs a lot sooner

[7a...]

Periods weren't a problem before benzo w/d for me.

I had some issues as a teenager. It is kinda like that.

But more like how Mum described it: like taking a cut. Periods basically feel like benzo w/d to me.

I feel great now in my highest hormone time of the month.

If only we could have high hormones all the time we'd be out of this bs a lot sooner

You know Smifferton, I can't even wrap my head around which hormones we are talking about anymore. You mean when estrogen is higher?

I was doing great too. Guess that was my highest hormone time? Which one?

I just can't even come up with anything.

It really does feel,like a large cut. Bad xs.

Well, hope you're good streak lasts a looooong time. Luv ya,

Moo

Ok Moo.. I know I've been called a hormone guru before  ;) but I can assure you I'm not

However I have had a glance at some pretty pictures like this..

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/02/Hormones_estradiol%2C_progesterone%2C_LH_and_FSH_during_menstrual_cycle.png/304px-Hormones_estradiol%2C_progesterone%2C_LH_and_FSH_during_menstrual_cycle.png

So that tells me right now I'm just after ovulations in the middle of that cycle and most of my hormones are kinda high.

I am taking a bit of an estrogen patch too.

I know I start losing sleep around days 22ish. So that must mean sleep and progesterone aren't friends. Then I feel totally crappy througout my period. According to that chart that means virtually all hormones are low.

In short, I know nothing. But there are some patterns in the months - particularly low hormones is bad and higher is good except less so with prog (and maybe the other two which spike during ovulation aren't so great either because I can feel a little dodgy at ovulation but great post it and some people have that too). And I know I feel better with a bit of extra estrogen. So again I'm thinking high hormones (maybe mainly estrogen?) is a good thing mostly kinda sorta.

The guru endeth the sermon

Feel enlightened?  :D

(love you too)

Hello ladies! I was horrible around my period after wd. It was especially bad a few days before. It started getting better then I went backwards again. I'm one day late from my period. Is it possible I will feel better after it starts again? I'm so miserable. I'm severely depressed and feel like I'm going insane. I also have dpdr heavy. Thanks.

Hi Maymay Wecome! :) Im sorry you are having such a hard time, I think most of us can relate. All you sx sound pretty typical with w/d and periods, so please know that it will pass. I have had some periods where I would feel some relief once my period started, maybe others can chime in with their experience too. Either way please know it will pass. Take care, Jenny

Smiff~ Impressive charts! I start to lose sleep around the 22nd day too- I learned something new today, thanks!

Hi Maymay Wecome! :) Im sorry you are having such a hard time, I think most of us can relate. All you sx sound pretty typical with w/d and periods, so please know that it will pass. I have had some periods where I would feel some relief once my period started, maybe others can chime in with their experience too. Either way please know it will pass. Take care, Jenny

Thank you Jenny!

I knew this thread would be helpful! It's all very informative.

Does anybody have advice on coping techniques for D- day?

[2c...]