Menstrual Support Group

Hi ladies,

Since becoming a member on this site I have noticed a lot of us having a really tough time with our periods during w/d. I want this to be a place where we can talk, vent, give support and advice about anything relating to our periods. Thanks everyone, Jenny

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [je...]

• [Ki...]

• [He...]

• [pr...]

Top Posters In This Topic

[1b...]

[move]PERIODS !!!!!!!!![/move]

Thanks for starting the thread. It seems to be a big topic and many people seem to have real bad xs during their period. I get very, very bad during menses. Just unbelievable...

Triple Wd xs and very depressed.

But I won't be a downer on the first page !

:smitten:

Yes Peace our new home!!

Hi Mom-- yep my sx are sooo bad during the menses, its no fun. Don't worry about being a downer, this is a place to vent! I like the banner too ;)

[move][glow=red,2,300]OUR PERIOD PLACE!!!!!!  :yippee: :yippee:[/glow][/move]

Thanks for getting it started, Jenny  :thumbsup:

[0c...]

Thanks, Jenny  ;) And hello fellow mensestrettes! :laugh: So, Ill post my last ? from the other thread:

Has anyone named theyre monthly nemesis? I never did and Im thinking maybe that's why she's giving me a rough time of it l8ly?  :-\

So, my last menses was 5/22, Omg,just realizing it's day 14 of cycle, so I did ovulate the other day when I was having cramping. Not only that but I cut another .5mg of valium last night on day 10 instead of usual day 14  :idiot: I did that b/c Im seeing pdoc today and was determined to tell her Im on 7.5mg now. Here we go...the march toward menses  :tickedoff: and it's yuk, yuk time. Oh dear, Im hoping this cut was not a big mistake, but ladies, Im going with it.  :thumbsup:

Welcome Ingrid! The thing about the benzos is they really mess with your cycle. At one point I was getting my period every 2 weeks-- can we say hell! Your doing great on your taper, getting low is so great! Jenny

Sky- that could be why you are having a rough time today. Hope you start to feel better, I had intense fear a few days ago too- it sucks. Welcome!

[1b...]

Hello ladies.

Has any of you stared spotting here and there well before the actual period?

It felt like I was getting my period yesterday. I was emotional and down all day and very anxious.

A restlessness I could not get rid of.

My period is not due for another two weeks at least but I spotted a little last night.

I'm probably ovulating, I felt it.

But I never have before. I'm always on the dot.

I'm worried about it.

During periods I am not able to really cut. I just go so bad. Really revved up xs, almost like I cut a double dose feeling.

I do a daily liquid taper and hate to hold long, since it screws up my continuum.

But it's just impossible to do anything during the period.

If anyone had this, please post? I'm worried....

[0c...]
Moo I believe some do spot at ovulation, chime in? I have not, but Ive heard that it happens and I don't believe that's abnormal. All the other crap can let the door hit it on the way out!  :tickedoff:

[1b...]

Moo I believe some do spot at ovulation, chime in? I have not, but Ive heard that it happens and I don't believe that's abnormal. All the other crap can let the door hit it on the way out!  :tickedoff:

I did not know that. I never had that before...

It must be a benzo related thing again..the stuff effects everything.

Great idea for a support group, Jenny!  I am ALWAYS hit with worse symptoms right before and the first few days of my period...and seem to cry about it on BB.  This will be perfect!  :) 

I'm there right now, having started my period yesterday.  In and out of waves...UGH! I started noticing the connection back in October, and it used to be much, MUCH, worse during this time.  Also, my cycle was all over the place for many months and it has started to regulate itself again.  So, this all does improve. 

Today I'm feeling a bit jittery, with some chest anxiety, some head pressure, and am somewhat depressed.  It's really hard to tell how much is from my period and how much is brought on by summer vacation having started.  I do so much better with being busy and having lots of people (23 4th graders did the trick! :D) around me.  I will be figuring out my new normal the next couple weeks as I settle in to this new routine.

Hi Healing Hope~ Welcome! I agree periods always send me into a wave and its hard to tell what is w/d or hormones-its very confusing. My periods were very irregular too, but they are getting better. Hopefully in time all these problems will straighten out. Take care, Jenny

Anyone have or get bad breast pain before your period way worse than when on the benzos?? This is bad news for me and miserable! I'm due any day get it over already!

Hi Happy! Sorry, I haven't had that sx, but hopefully someone else will chime in. This w/d does some strange things to our bodies that for sure! Welcome :)

I am part of the tender breasts before period club. It's kind of reassuring for me. As in, "Oh my, I'm so agitated! What now? Why is this happening? Oh, wait. My breasts are tender. It's just hormones and not something totally freaky and terrible."

Peace2

Happy - that has started for me....last 2 months. Short stabbing pains, not constant. Still have tenderness too.

How are you doing? You must be coming up to 6 months free? Are you seeing improvements?

I am in the start of month 7. In doing a ton better but am still not 100 percent while the heart stuff has slowed down I get anxiety during that time of the month! Still iner vibrations and vision stuff as well as still watch my diet no msg no gluten! But I'm gettin there!! Thanks for asking!

Helloooo ladies!

I'll read back but I wanted to say a quick hello

Fortunately I'm on the feel good week. Then it is pretty much downhill again for another pre-menstrual and menstrual crapola.

I was just re-reading perseverance's stuff and she was talking about all the hormones being reduced. I suspect that is part of why we suffer from the effects of the lows in the hormones more. That and a whole lot of way too complicated BS to do with the relationship between hormones, GABA receptors, cortisol yada yada yada

I'll keep checking in and be back after a period (before my period really ;))

Hello ladies.

Has any of you stared spotting here and there well before the actual period?

It felt like I was getting my period yesterday. I was emotional and down all day and very anxious.

A restlessness I could not get rid of.

My period is not due for another two weeks at least but I spotted a little last night.

I'm probably ovulating, I felt it.

But I never have before. I'm always on the dot.

I'm worried about it.

During periods I am not able to really cut. I just go so bad. Really revved up xs, almost like I cut a double dose feeling.

I do a daily liquid taper and hate to hold long, since it screws up my continuum.

But it's just impossible to do anything during the period.

If anyone had this, please post? I'm worried....

:hug:

I think spotting during ovulation isn't so unusual Mooski (google it.. don't worry it is a safe medical google ;))

I got a teeny tiny discolouration too.

Also, a few women do feel a bit of a s/x rev during ovulation that then subsides and then creeps back up pre-menstrual and of course during 'that' period

It could have been why I was a little revved this week. I dunno. I get some relief post period. And some relief mid cycle just after ovulation. Then when pre-menstrual rolls along my sleep falls away first. Then .. well you know the drill.

I'm back using a tiny bit of estrogen because I just can't handle feeling that crappy especially when it doesn't mean any headway with this drugs. My main goal is getting off this freaking drugs so I use what hormonal help I can in the meantime.

:hug: again Mooski... I'll be hoping you wont get hit so hard during that next certain feared and loathed period of time

Joining this wonderful group, ladies  ;D Period = withdrawal symptoms tripled  :tickedoff: Also, PMS for 4-5 days instead of 1-2 days, spotting before periods, bad cramps, shorter periods. I used to have 28-29 day periods in my pre-withdrawal life, but I've had 25-26 day periods with spotting ever since I started my taper. So, benzo hormone therapy has increased not only the intensity but also the frequency... I've become terrified of my periods, the withdrawal put a whole new meaning on my PMS anxiety and agitation. It feels like I'm a bomb ready to explode any minute, all I can think about for days before my period finally starts is: LET'S GET THIS OVER WITH ALREADY!!!

Day 1 of my period, and I find myself wondering about the innumerable, all-encompassing effects of benzo withdrawal yet again.

Hi sinnerman! Thanks for joining us! Your sx sound very familiar to me and I'm sure many others. My periods have been so awful in w/d. I am 8 months off and finally had a normal period last month, so I'm hoping this trend continues. Welcome :)jenny

[33...]