Author Topic: Menstrual Support Group  (Read 101828 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Menstrual Support Group
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2014, 05:33:55 pm »
Hi everyone,

I can relate to everything you are saying. The mood swings, crying, aching--the cortisol surge and anxiety are pure hell!
Healing~ I have felt exactly the same way-you are feeling good, and then your period comes and your back to hell. Good job for getting out of the house today, I hope it helps.
Mom~ No more cutting during a period, okay? :smitten:
[...]~ good luck on your jump, let us know how you are doing okay  :)

Yeah... I know Jenny. But im doing a daily taper. And if I hold too long, my schedule goes out of whack. And I feel worse. That's the dilemma. Cut and feel worse or not cut and get screwed anyway ( pardon my language , I'm just frustrated).
I had to kind of work my way around the periods with my holds. I do less cuts during period.
But now that it came just 10-12 days after the previous period...I don't know how to work around anything.
Every time I think I get it figured out, something else comes up.
It's maddening!

Anyway, here is to hoping it won't last long and we all get some relief.
 :smitten:
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2014, 05:36:38 pm »
I hear ya Mom, it gets very tricky especially if you are doing it daily- I can see how it messes your schedule up. Just do the best you can, that's all we can do right :thumbsup:
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2014, 02:21:44 am »
Periods weren't a problem before [...] w/d for me.
I had some issues as a teenager. It is kinda like that.
But more like how Mum described it: like taking a cut. Periods basically feel like [...] w/d to me.

I feel great now in my highest hormone time of the month.
If only we could have high hormones all the time we'd be out of this [...] a lot sooner

[Buddie]

« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2014, 02:25:00 am »
Periods weren't a problem before [...] w/d for me.
I had some issues as a teenager. It is kinda like that.
But more like how Mum described it: like taking a cut. Periods basically feel like [...] w/d to me.

I feel great now in my highest hormone time of the month.
If only we could have high hormones all the time we'd be out of this [...] a lot sooner

You know Smifferton, I can't even wrap my head around which hormones we are talking about anymore. You mean when estrogen is higher?
I was doing great too. Guess that was my highest hormone time? Which one?
I just can't even come up with anything.

It really does feel,like a large cut. Bad xs.

Well, hope you're good streak lasts a looooong time. Luv ya,
Moo

[Buddie]

« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2014, 03:59:35 am »
Ok Moo.. I know I've been called a hormone guru before  ;) but I can assure you I'm not

However I have had a glance at some [...] pictures like this..

So that tells me right now I'm just after ovulations in the middle of that cycle and most of my hormones are kinda high.
I am taking a bit of an estrogen patch too.
I know I start losing sleep around days 22ish. So that must mean sleep and progesterone aren't friends. Then I feel totally crappy througout my period. According to that chart that means virtually all hormones are low.

In short, I know nothing. But there are some patterns in the months - particularly low hormones is bad and higher is good except less so with prog (and maybe the other two which spike during ovulation aren't so great either because I can feel a little dodgy at ovulation but great post it and some people have that too). And I know I feel better with a bit of extra estrogen. So again I'm thinking high hormones (maybe mainly estrogen?) is a good thing mostly kinda sorta.

The guru endeth the sermon
Feel enlightened?  :D

(love you too)

[Buddie]

« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2014, 04:00:00 am »
Hello ladies! I was horrible around my period after [...]. It was especially bad a few days before. It started getting better then I went backwards again. I'm one day late from my period. Is it possible I will feel better after it starts again? I'm so miserable. I'm severely depressed and feel like I'm going insane. I also have dpdr heavy. Thanks.

[Buddie]

« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2014, 04:08:42 am »
Hi [...] Wecome! :) Im sorry you are having such a hard time, I think most of us can relate. All you sx sound [...] typical with w/d and periods, so please know that it will pass. I have had some periods where I would feel some relief once my period started, maybe others can chime in with their experience too. Either way please know it will pass. Take care, Jenny

[Buddie]

« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2014, 04:09:48 am »
[...]~ Impressive charts! I start to lose sleep around the 22nd day too- I learned something new today, thanks!

[Buddie]

« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2014, 01:02:57 pm »
Hi [...] Wecome! :) Im sorry you are having such a hard time, I think most of us can relate. All you sx sound [...] typical with w/d and periods, so please know that it will pass. I have had some periods where I would feel some relief once my period started, maybe others can chime in with their experience too. Either way please know it will pass. Take care, Jenny
Thank you Jenny!

[Buddie]

« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2014, 02:52:31 pm »
I knew this thread would be helpful! It's all very informative.

Does anybody have advice on coping techniques for D- day?