Author Topic: Menstrual Support Group  (Read 73303 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Menstrual Support Group
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2014, 04:31:06 am »
I am in the start of month 7. In doing a ton better but am still not 100 percent while the heart stuff has slowed down I get anxiety during that time of the month! Still iner vibrations and vision stuff as well as still watch my diet no msg no gluten! But I'm gettin there!! Thanks for asking!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2014, 10:58:09 am »
Helloooo ladies!

I'll read back but I wanted to say a quick hello

Fortunately I'm on the feel good week. Then it is [...] much downhill again for another pre-menstrual and menstrual crapola.

I was just re-reading perseverance's stuff and she was talking about all the hormones being reduced. I suspect that is part of why we suffer from the effects of the lows in the hormones more. That and a whole lot of way too complicated [...] to do with the relationship between hormones, GABA receptors, cortisol yada yada yada

I'll keep checking in and be back after a period (before my period really ;))
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2014, 11:04:48 am »
Hello ladies.

Has any of you stared spotting here and there well before the actual period?
It felt like I was getting my period yesterday. I was emotional and down all day and very anxious.
A restlessness I could not get rid of.
My period is not due for another two weeks at least but I spotted a little last night.
I'm probably ovulating, I felt it.
But I never have before. I'm always on the dot.
I'm worried about it.
During periods I am not able to really cut. I just go so bad. Really revved up xs, almost like I cut a double dose feeling.
I do a daily liquid taper and hate to hold long, since it screws up my continuum.
But it's just impossible to do anything during the period.

If anyone had this, please post? I'm worried....

:hug:
I think spotting during ovulation isn't so unusual Mooski (google it.. don't worry it is a safe medical google ;))
I got a teeny tiny discolouration too.

Also, a few women do feel a bit of a s/x rev during ovulation that then subsides and then creeps back up pre-menstrual and of course during 'that' period

It could have been why I was a little revved this week. I dunno. I get some relief post period. And some relief mid cycle just after ovulation. Then when pre-menstrual rolls along my sleep falls away first. Then .. well you know the drill.

I'm back using a tiny bit of estrogen because I just can't handle feeling that crappy especially when it doesn't mean any headway with this drugs. My main goal is getting off this freaking drugs so I use what hormonal help I can in the meantime.

:hug: again Mooski... I'll be hoping you wont get hit so hard during that next certain feared and loathed period of time

[Buddie]

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2014, 01:09:59 pm »
Joining this wonderful group, ladies  ;D Period = withdrawal symptoms tripled  :tickedoff: Also, PMS for 4-5 days instead of 1-2 days, spotting before periods, bad cramps, shorter periods. I used to have 28-29 day periods in my pre-withdrawal life, but I've had 25-26 day periods with spotting ever since I started my taper. So, [...] hormone therapy has increased not only the intensity but also the frequency... I've become terrified of my periods, the withdrawal put a whole new meaning on my PMS anxiety and agitation. It feels like I'm a bomb ready to explode any minute, all I can think about for days before my period finally starts is: LET'S GET THIS OVER WITH ALREADY!!!

Day 1 of my period, and I find myself wondering about the innumerable, all-encompassing effects of [...] withdrawal yet again.

[Buddie]

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2014, 02:38:26 pm »
Hi [...]! Thanks for joining us! Your sx sound very familiar to me and I'm sure many others. My periods have been so awful in w/d. I am 8 months off and finally had a normal period last month, so I'm hoping this trend continues. Welcome :)jenny

[Buddie]

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2014, 04:06:37 pm »
[...] - welcome to the thread. I just wanted to say good job on your taper, you are making amazing progress! Looks like you'll be jumping really soon. How are you feeling?

I can't seem to keep up anymore with my period, it has a mind if its own. I can relate to the fear of your period, I definitely experience that too. Periods in w/d are like adding insult to injury  :-\

[Buddie]

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2014, 04:57:19 pm »
Hello ladies.

Has any of you stared spotting here and there well before the actual period?
It felt like I was getting my period yesterday. I was emotional and down all day and very anxious.
A restlessness I could not get rid of.
My period is not due for another two weeks at least but I spotted a little last night.
I'm probably ovulating, I felt it.
But I never have before. I'm always on the dot.
I'm worried about it.
During periods I am not able to really cut. I just go so bad. Really revved up xs, almost like I cut a double dose feeling.
I do a daily liquid taper and hate to hold long, since it screws up my continuum.
But it's just impossible to do anything during the period.

If anyone had this, please post? I'm worried....

:hug:
I think spotting during ovulation isn't so unusual Mooski (google it.. don't worry it is a safe medical google ;))
I got a teeny tiny discolouration too.

Also, a few women do feel a bit of a s/x rev during ovulation that then subsides and then creeps back up pre-menstrual and of course during 'that' period

It could have been why I was a little revved this week. I dunno. I get some relief post period. And some relief mid cycle just after ovulation. Then when pre-menstrual rolls along my sleep falls away first. Then .. well you know the drill.

I'm back using a tiny bit of estrogen because I just can't handle feeling that crappy especially when it doesn't mean any headway with this drugs. My main goal is getting off this freaking drugs so I use what hormonal help I can in the meantime.

:hug: again Mooski... I'll be hoping you wont get hit so hard during that next certain feared and loathed period of time

[...], I don't know what is going on. This has turned into a full blown period now and it hurts more than usual... It is not discoloration...
I was never irregular. It is hitting me hard.
Just about 2 weeks early.  :-\

[Buddie]

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2014, 05:40:57 pm »
[...],
My period was all over the place during tapering and even now at 11 months off.  I had it start as much as two weeks early at least 4 times.  It's also been long and heavy, and then short and light.  Before this w/d, I was very regular.  I'm sorry that you are being hit hard....this is SO not fun!  :'(

[Buddie]

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2014, 05:58:20 pm »
[...],
My period was all over the place during tapering and even now at 11 months off.  I had it start as much as two weeks early at least 4 times.  It's also been long and heavy, and then short and light.  Before this w/d, I was very regular.  I'm sorry that you are being hit hard....this is SO not fun!  :'(

Thanks for sharing.... I was real worried about it.
Hoping it won't be a long one. :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2014, 10:22:30 pm »
Hi Mom,

I was always very regular too, and at one point I was getting my period every 2-3 weeks. I don't even know how that is possible, but it happened. One thing that has been weird is I used to have heavy periods, and now they are on the lighter side. Ive heard they can switch in w/d from what is normal for you. Hope you feel better, Jenny