Author Topic: Menstrual Support Group  (Read 101833 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Menstrual Support Group
« Reply #1930 on: October 22, 2021, 03:15:24 am »
My cycle is 9 days delayed and its streching every month now. I am in early 30. It's too early for menopause I guess. :(

Stress is so hard on the reproductive system!  But you'll get that regularity back once you heal.  It might take some diet changes and maybe a little help from supplementation, but it will come back.  Vitamin A is a particularly powerful nutrient for healing reproductive issues.
Really? I actually thought I am going into menopause. I don't know how much time it will take to heal and sometimes waves really depress me.

It would be really early for menopause.  I think your hormones are just really messed up, but that is something that is reversible.  Once the stress of withdrawal is past, you should be able to rebuild your hormone levels.
Thank you so much for this encouraging post. I really hope it get back to normal. During my cycle my symptoms increase like anything.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #1931 on: October 22, 2021, 03:19:57 am »
My cycle is 9 days delayed and its streching every month now. I am in early 30. It's too early for menopause I guess. :(

I don't think it's menopause per se, but it's the impact of the [...]!
Benzos are known to interfere with women's cycles, some people bleed a lot more and heavier, and some have their period disappear altogether.

Geraldine Burns Podcast talks about this all the time.

Once you are off the [...], if you're still on it, your cycle should return to normal.
If you're already off, then it's just a matter of your body readjusting and coming back online into normal rhythm etc.

[...]
Thank you [...] for this information. I wil hear the podcast too. I do hope it gets back to normal soon.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #1932 on: October 25, 2021, 11:41:33 pm »
After skipping my period last month, it's here now with a vengeance.  I was so relieved when it started because I was afraid I was going into menopause.  The first day gave me relief from the PMS tension, but today has been really horrible.  I woke at 3:45 and couldn't sleep anymore.  But 6 I was a basket case.  I'm basically hemorrhaging, my anxiety and heart rate are way up, and I'm so exhausted at the same time.  Burning in my legs...ugh.  It's awful. 

[Buddie]

« Reply #1933 on: October 26, 2021, 02:30:11 am »
After skipping my period last month, it's here now with a vengeance.  I was so relieved when it started because I was afraid I was going into menopause.  The first day gave me relief from the PMS tension, but today has been really horrible.  I woke at 3:45 and couldn't sleep anymore.  But 6 I was a basket case.  I'm basically hemorrhaging, my anxiety and heart rate are way up, and I'm so exhausted at the same time.  Burning in my legs...ugh.  It's awful.

Oh no that's way too much for menstrual symptoms. I hate this medicine and the docs who give this like candy on the table. They don't know how much we suffer afterwards.

[Buddie]

« Reply #1934 on: October 26, 2021, 04:00:31 am »

Oh no that's way too much for menstrual symptoms. I hate this medicine and the docs who give this like candy on the table. They don't know how much we suffer afterwards.

True!  It's really horrid.

[Buddie]

« Reply #1935 on: October 28, 2021, 12:45:17 am »
Hi everyone! I haven't been on this site in years. Just wanted to let everyone know I'm healed, and the period stuff did get better for me. It did take some time, but things leveled out over time.

[Buddie]

« Reply #1936 on: October 28, 2021, 12:53:40 am »
Hi everyone! I haven't been on this site in years. Just wanted to let everyone know I'm healed, and the period stuff did get better for me. It did take some time, but things leveled out over time.

Thanks for coming back!  It's always so encouraging when someone returns to give us a positive update. 

[Buddie]

« Reply #1937 on: October 28, 2021, 08:19:27 am »

Hi Jenny.
Thank you so much for coming back and letting us know that you are healed. You have given me hope that I will heal too. Thank you

[Buddie]

« Reply #1938 on: November 08, 2021, 02:26:40 am »
Iím having a horrible time with everything this month!!

So bad. Akathisia is back around my period, that had been gone for a year!!

I get horrible headaches after I eat that go on for hours.

For how long are people seeing increased symptoms with their cycle

Iím on day 8 and itís still soooo bad!!

I donít think Iíll make it through this.

How will I ever get off this evil drug, if this happens every single month.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #1939 on: November 09, 2021, 12:58:33 am »
Hello, everyone.  Reposting from my introduction topic.  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=262404.0

In April, I had severe pain around my period accompanied by a lot of gas. I never experienced anything other than normal minor cramps before that. In [...], I had to have surgery for a large ruptured ovarian cyst, lost my right ovary and was diagnosed with endometriosis. I saw some posts on here that made me wonder whether the cysts could be related.

I know no one can tell me whether to continue my taper or to pause it, but the idea that the medicine could be causing this is concerning me, especially as I have experienced minor but unusual for me pain during my period along with general gas pain, extreme feelings of unwellness ,excessive tiredness even outside of my period along with cognitive fog and painful headaches I have not had previously. Has anyone experienced similar health issues and if so what worked for you?  Did continuing to taper slowly help? Did any of you have success finding a doctor that is knowledgeable about tapering and how it might work with other medical issues? If so, how did you locate them? Thank you so much in advance.