Author Topic: Menstrual Support Group  (Read 99571 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Menstrual Support Group
« Reply #1890 on: September 05, 2021, 09:06:47 am »
Hi guys, I want to join the 'period club' here. I have been taking Oxazepam for a long time, mostly on and off, but also longer periods. I quit almost 5 months ago. I'm 45 and noticing perimenopause symptoms. Cycles are very short, this last one was 22 days. I'm on my third day of my period. THe past months my period was the worst! But this time it seems a bit better, so it does improve. My symptoms are dizziness, brain zaps,  fatique, tension and anxiety. Also a little insomnia and a lot of GI upset. I'm taking a multivitamin, vit C, magnesium and omega 3 to help my period. Also drinking a lot of water. I hope it helps!

Trina, I feel better knowing that we are almost the same age, both perimenopausal, but your symptoms still cleared. I am hoping mine will too.

[...], are you feeling better now? Did you get your period?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #1891 on: September 06, 2021, 03:00:58 pm »
Hi guys, I want to join the 'period club' here. I have been taking Oxazepam for a long time, mostly on and off, but also longer periods. I quit almost 5 months ago. I'm 45 and noticing perimenopause symptoms. Cycles are very short, this last one was 22 days. I'm on my third day of my period. THe past months my period was the worst! But this time it seems a bit better, so it does improve. My symptoms are dizziness, brain zaps,  fatique, tension and anxiety. Also a little insomnia and a lot of GI upset. I'm taking a multivitamin, vit C, magnesium and omega 3 to help my period. Also drinking a lot of water. I hope it helps!

Trina, I feel better knowing that we are almost the same age, both perimenopausal, but your symptoms still cleared. I am hoping mine will too.

[...], are you feeling better now? Did you get your period?
aww Thank you for asking, yes it did after 9 days  and it was a heavy one.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #1892 on: September 06, 2021, 03:42:24 pm »
PMS can be the worst [...]! Hope you are feeling better. My period ended. I did not feel too bad I guess, compared to other times. Fingers crossed for the next time!

[Buddie]

« Reply #1893 on: September 08, 2021, 10:33:24 pm »
Ok, I need some help!!

Iím almost 50 and was quite regular until this mess.
My mom didnít go through menopause until 59!!

So the stupid Ativan/[...] has made everything erratic, so I have no idea when my period is coming.

Does anyone else get migraine headaches or just plain headaches that are very bad just before and the first few days after their period??

Of course my latest cut coincides perfectly with my stupid period.

I was so much better when it was gone for 120 days.

Any ideas on how to treat these things?  I canít take Advil.

How Iíll I ever get offÖ..

Hurting [...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #1894 on: September 16, 2021, 04:12:53 am »
Hope everyoneís fairing well. I just got to day 30 in an hour day 31. Woke up the last few days in panics... gosh. Hate it. Feel sad trying to stay optimistic

Hope we all get relief soon

@[...]
Yes Iíve been getting headaches. Starts around day 23 or so. It sucks really bad I never have headaches beforee K. Never! I have been having them so badly that I cannot think straight and I feel like my arms and legs are not attached. I take a Tylenol lately because that scares me! I think it might be some Dpdr that amps up do to anxiety / pain from the headache. Itís crazy. Month 6 out now and the last few months  have been headache - this last cycle headache was the worst out of all of them and while in tolerance withdrawal all together. But pms wasnít as bad as last month still bad tho

Iím 32 but the pms I never had before benzos. Only cry a little few times. 
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 10:30:26 pm by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #1895 on: September 27, 2021, 02:11:43 pm »
I want to jump on this thread, as my cycle is giving me a lot of grief.  I'm about a week late and I feel like I've been thrown into full-on menopause.  I've had perimenopause symptoms for years (I'm almost 46), but before this latest setback, my periods had been quite regular and not terribly bothersome except for the excess blood loss, weakness and anemia.  The longer my period takes to arrive, the worse I feel.  I woke up this morning with scary tachycardia and fear, almost terror.  And I'm so, so emotional!  Everything makes me cry.  I'm having miserable hot flashes which wake me up throughout the night.  I so don't want to be in menopause yet!

[Buddie]

« Reply #1896 on: September 28, 2021, 02:53:51 am »
Hi everyone.. I am new victim of this too... Even though I took medicine for very short time it has affected my cycle badly. Less bleeding and for just two days max and very delayed cycle. I don't know when it wil get back to normal or is it going to be same forever.

[Buddie]

« Reply #1897 on: September 28, 2021, 02:59:30 am »
Hi everyone.. I am new victim of this too... Even though I took medicine for very short time it has affected my cycle badly. Less bleeding and for just two days max and very delayed cycle. I don't know when it wil get back to normal or is it going to be same forever.

How late have your cycles been?  Mine's over a week now and I'm worried I'll never get it back.

[Buddie]

« Reply #1898 on: September 28, 2021, 06:38:16 am »

How late have your cycles been?  Mine's over a week now and I'm worried I'll never get it back.
From past two months it's 6-7 days delayed. I don't want to go in menopause at this age  :'( I hate this medicine :tickedoff:

[Buddie]

« Reply #1899 on: September 28, 2021, 06:10:05 pm »
So I guess I need to vent.

My period being late is causing so much upheaval and mayhem.  How can I even describe it?  At my worst, I am in utter anguish with inner vibrations, shaking, bawling, pacing, rocking.  It's horrific.  I guess that describes a panic attack, right?  Yes, I had a monster panic attack this morning.  Right now I'm hunkered down in bed exhausted and wired at the same time.  And the depression is almost unbearable.  I'm chewing some ginger right now, and that has lightened it a little bit.  I feel like this has given me PTSD. 

It's a horrific reminder of all the trauma I experienced getting off benzos in the past and it's very, very difficult today to remain positive.  I've been like [...] Pollyanna on the BBs lately trying to be encouraging to others since I came through so much horror in the past and got better.  Now here I am just as scared as everyone else.  I know when I have a better day, I'll be able to think clearly.  But today it is not possible.