Author Topic: Menstrual Support Group  (Read 78757 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Menstrual Support Group
« Reply #1230 on: October 19, 2020, 12:28:48 am »
Yep sides of chin!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #1231 on: October 19, 2020, 09:46:48 am »
Very sore breasts this month starting around, and now especially after, ovulation. Definitely not pregnant. No sign of this painful symptom relenting. More progesterone circulating? I donít know. :(

Wish I had a good naturopath I could afford. Seems like the only remedy is to try and become one myself.

Period in 8 days. I use the ďFloď cycle tracker app.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 05:55:22 pm by [Buddie] »
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #1232 on: October 19, 2020, 11:51:35 am »
Before benzos, Iíd have occasional sore boobs after ovulating. In withdrawal, I feel like [...] gremlins are viciously attacking my girls from the inside out. Lol. Oh, this experience!! I chalk it up to extra sensitive nerves and pain receptors.

[...] it pass quickly for you and all of us!

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #1233 on: October 19, 2020, 03:13:44 pm »
"flo" is called "aunt Martha" in my house - long story.

As for breaking out/acne I broke out horribly in acute, but since then its been minimal - I know I'm lucky. I know another member on BB who had it so bad it was cystic and caused scarring.

sore chest.. - yup. But i've always had that just before my monthly.

[Buddie]

« Reply #1234 on: October 19, 2020, 05:56:51 pm »
Thanks you two, thank you ❤️ [...] and ❤️ Trina.  :angel: Helps so much to have sisters.  :smitten:

And you are funny to boot. ďGremlinsď and ďAunt Martha.Ē  :D

[Buddie]

« Reply #1235 on: October 19, 2020, 07:01:17 pm »
Ladies I know this group is about our cycles but I wanted to know if any of you are holding down full time jobs and how do you cope? Those not working, how was it leaving your job? Iím considering resigning and Iím going through the fear of not being financially stable like Iíve been for so long in my life and there is a sense of loss... Ive always been ms independent... my hubby is supportive but Iím scared of changing the dynamic. But my job is stressing me out a lot right now.

[Buddie]

« Reply #1236 on: October 19, 2020, 07:59:15 pm »
I was made redundant during tolerance wd and then 4 days later my hubby had a stroke, so that was last [...] I havenít worked since. We are both on pension, he is on disability and I am on carers pension. I definitely couldnít have worked I tried for months had so much time off. I would like to go back to work in new year but Iím in acute now so again canít even think about work some days. Getting my kids to school is too much for me at times

[Buddie]

« Reply #1237 on: October 19, 2020, 10:07:41 pm »
Ladies I know this group is about our cycles but I wanted to know if any of you are holding down full time jobs and how do you cope? Those not working, how was it leaving your job? Iím considering resigning and Iím going through the fear of not being financially stable like Iíve been for so long in my life and there is a sense of loss... Ive always been ms independent... my hubby is supportive but Iím scared of changing the dynamic. But my job is stressing me out a lot right now.

I'm trying to get back to work, but I only want part-time  bc one thats all I can maybe handle, and two my kids are at home half the week with school. Its hard to find PT in my profession lately(and I cannot do zoom calls from home (small home, 2 teens at home, randomly barking dog...).

I can relate to being ms independent ..HATE being kept by my husband (he has never held it over me..its just me that has a problem with it..). Having to give up my position was so hard but I was literally non functional back then.

I need something again. I cannot be home another winter. Although symptoms still are an issue, I feel I'll lose my mind if I don't find purpose again or regain what was such a loss. That feeling that something is going in the right direction again after having the rug pulled out from underneath you!
And honestly its more my period weeks that have stopped me from working bc I don't know how to handle that week. The rest of the month is more manageable!
I think it also depends on what you do for work. Like for some reason I can handle being around people for the most part - but others cannot. ( I have other triggers..sheesh). And what time your work day/shift is. Like to be all dressed up makeup done by 8 am is a huge stretch for me right now.
I've done some side jobs all through this of and on ( painting, tiling, cleaning etc). But I'd like to use my degree again - I worked so hard for it!

Not sure if this helps or adds to your dilemma! hugs!

[Buddie]

« Reply #1238 on: October 19, 2020, 10:14:21 pm »
I miss the distraction of work and talking to other people tho! Easy to get stuck in symptoms at home so I think work is good if u can manage it x

[Buddie]

« Reply #1239 on: October 19, 2020, 10:22:54 pm »
I havenít worked since 2015 when I got pregnant with my son. I was doing the stay at home mom thing, then I had a miscarriage in 2017 and benzos came into the picture. Iíd love to be able to work again someday, but my field (geology) requires a lot of focus and I just canít manage that right now.