Gabapentin Induced Depression

[gr...]

Yes,

I definitely think so. I googled "gabapentin causing depression," and numerous sites came up. I found the Peoples Pharmacy particularly applicable because they cited government studies and warnings specifically about this.

And I always find that the Mayo Clnic info is very good at listing side effects to about everything. In this case they listed depression and mood changes along with fatigue as less common side effects, but nevertheless, those count.

Time to google.

Ive been on it so long. Im tapering the K and had tapered the G quite a bit in hopes to get to a point where I was not so lethargic, but even where I am at now, im just lifeless. Suicidal thoughts...yes.

I have googled it many times, but i wanted "real experiences". 

Now I almost wished I had just tapered off the G and not focused on the K. Getting any lower on either of them is going to be so hard on my system.

The gabapentin when i first took it made me manic like, just full of energy. Now it turns me to mush. Do users think you can hit tolerance on it? I must have.

Thanks for responses, Intend hope your well.

Ive been on it so long. Im tapering the K and had tapered the G quite a bit in hopes to get to a point where I was not so lethargic, but even where I am at now, im just lifeless. Suicidal thoughts...yes.

I have googled it many times, but i wanted "real experiences". 

Now I almost wished I had just tapered off the G and not focused on the K. Getting any lower on either of them is going to be so hard on my system.

The gabapentin when i first took it made me manic like, just full of energy. Now it turns me to mush. Do users think you can hit tolerance on it? I must have.

Thanks for responses, Intend hope your well.

I believe full tolerance takes only 60 days on large doses like 900 mg  and over and on smaller doses tolerance is way faster. 

Hmm interesting BM. I experienced the mania for much longer than that, years even. I wish when i took it i had a bad experience so i would have stopped it. Like i said, it made me just energized. I got higher than a kite also.

I want it out of my system and the K. I always do this, think ohhh im gonna cut the G again. It needs to be tapered also.

God why do they make meds like these, should be able to just stop and be done.

Many here told me to get off the K first, Im not disagreeing as I think its causes depression also.

Then of course my thought is, idiot doctors, give someone with depression something that increases it and so hard to get off of it.

Groove,

I would think you could hold on the K, and taper the G. It is frustrating beyond belief that doctors do give out this crap no matter what, and especially if someone is already depressed.

I ended up with an Rx for gabapentin myself although I don't remember why it was given to me. I even filled it, and asked the pharmacist what he thought about it.

He said he thought it was a good medication along with lyrica which he was taking himself. When i googled gabapentin, I read about tolerance building fast, and so many other sx, I decided not to take it.

Hi Intend-

Ive come so far on the K and the G helps with the anxiety. I only dose the K at nite before bed. If i taper off the G, i dont think the K will cover the bases. I dont know what the best thing to do is I really dont. My CNS is gonna just have to go through hell no matter what one i get off first..and then what lol. I still have an anxiety disorder that is not helped with therapy.

I sure wish there a cure for these things, depression, anxiety disorders. Not fair we have to suffer with these things, life is so short. Lost so much time now. TY for responses.