Could y'all help me with a taper schedule?

[Mi...]

I take .25 klon in the morning.

.25 in the afternoon

.25 at evening.

I have pills in the .5mg's, so I break them in half to get my .25

someone here told me that cutting the afternoon dose first is the way to go.

Im confused about water tritaion, so, shall I dry cut?

Thanks so much for the information.

.25 in the afternoon

.25 at evening.

Hi Michael,

I cut my .50mg pills into quarters (.125mg) with a pill cutter and reduced by that amount every 7-14 days. Titration involves crushing your tablet and mixing it in milk and reducing by a small amount every day. Here is the desciption for the 3 different ways of tapering... http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=9522.0 You may want to take a look at Lori Lee's tapering schedule in her signature line to get an idea how dry cutting is done. She only doses 2X/day, but you can get the basic idea. If you have anymore questions, just ask.

T2 :smitten:

Hi Michael,

Titration allows people to make tiny frequent reductions in their dose. It is a valuable technique, but the majority of people manage by pill-splitting, as described by Theresa. If you wish to titrate, we will help you.

Hey Michael,

There is no set schedule that you have to pick what dose to cut first or last. Many people cut off of their evening dose last in the rotation because of sleep issues. I am tapering off klonopin and I take it twice a day. If you see my schedule under this post, you will see that I have switched off cuts from my am to my pm cuts. Which one doesn't matter as much as how much and how often. Your .5mg pills can be cut in 4 quarters (.125mg) if you need to taper a little bit less by dry cutting. I have even cut my .125mg's in half; like on my last cut! Razor blades can be used as well. Read about titration and see if you are interested in that. Many have switched to that, still have withdrawals, but not as overwhelming. No two journeys off benzos are exactly the same; decide what is best for you. Wishing you well...

Lori :smitten:

.25 in the afternoon

.25 at evening.

I don't have anything to add to my original post to your  question about whether you could dry cut. In case you didn't see it, here it is:

Yes, Michael, dry cutting is the way most people at least start their taper.  Some then switch to titration but most do not need to.  That's how I got off lorazepam/ativan as you can see in my signature box below.

And, yes, cutting your 0.5mg pills in 1/4's so you have 0.125mg pieces and then start taking .25mg 2x/day and 0.125mg 1x/day for a total of 0.625mg would be a good place to start.

Good luck.  :thumbsup: