Longstanding Symptoms Thread

[Ha...]

Recently, I've been reading some of the threads concerning alcohol and it's effect on certain members, and there were some interesting points by a number of people.

It seemed like what everyone agreed to was an underlying disdain for the ambiguity and general 'chance' involved in so many decisions we have to make post-benzo. But, it also got me thinking about sensitivity post as well-- some people (an assumed minority) seemed to mention having X symptoms that came and went quickly with regards to others' experience.

So how many people have had symptoms that really trailed with them for a long time, and if so, how long? A more general consensus seems to perhaps suggest that different symptoms come and go until we are "fully" healed, but it seems that a lot of folks have symptoms that appear to be with them until almost the end of their healing. If the thread got enough detailed response, I would also be interested in re-creating it with a poll option that could get more specific and perhaps give us a better idea of where we stand in context of healing.

For my own, migraines began literally two weeks after jump, and have been with me on and off for about 16 months. Also, if I inhale even small amounts of second-hand smoke within roughly 5-7 hours of regular bedtime, my brain seems unable to 'regulate' the chemicals involved and my sleep suffers greatly. Neither was ever an issue prior to this class of drug.

Your experiences?

I am approaching the 2 year mark and bummed that I am in the protracted part BECAUSE the background depression is still running around in my brain. I will be humming along for a day or two and bam " dark cloud" hits. Sometimes for a little while then sometimes days. I keep looking forward to my normal brain coming back as a constant......Jude