Chiropractors??

[So...]

Has anyone gone to a chiropractor, during w/d, for pinched nerves in your neck and back??

How did it go?? Did it make you feel better??

I have always had trouble with my upper back and neck. My chiropractor moved to a different town, last year, and I haven't found a new one. But, I am in serious need. I have a lot of pain and numbness/tingling going on.

I am also starting to wonder if part of my heart issues and dizziness are from the pinched nerves.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hugs,

Nana  :smitten:

Personally, I think very highly of chiropractors.  I have gone many times, mostly for neck and lower back discomfort with good results.  I did not go to one during withdrawal, but I can't imagine why it would do any harm.  Just be sure you find one you are comfortable with.  Like any profession, there are good ones and not so good ones. 

PD

My neck has been screwy since the taper.  The chiro has helped me, but only temporarily.  Next stop is the Neurologist for the pinched nerves.

Thanks everyone!!

I am trying to find a new one, but found that there are only two in my small town, and neither take my insurance. Mine was really good, but he has now moved away.  :-\

Thanks again,

• 1 month later...

Did anyone find relieve for the pinched nerve? I have pinched nerve in my neck and bome spurs and arthritis.

Tried physical therapy but that was just expensive. I have diclofenec but haye to take it. My traps are alwayd tight and just all tense.When i wake up im the am i am so sore i have a headache it is awful. I have dizziness and brain fog,leg and arm heaviness ect.

Please let me know thank you all :thumbsup:

Has anyone gone to a chiropractor, during w/d, for pinched nerves in your neck and back??

How did it go?? Did it make you feel better??

I have always had trouble with my upper back and neck. My chiropractor moved to a different town, last year, and I haven't found a new one. But, I am in serious need. I have a lot of pain and numbness/tingling going on.

I am also starting to wonder if part of my heart issues and dizziness are from the pinched nerves.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hugs,

Hello

I am  Natural Therapist who's speciality is body work.  I have never been a big fan of Chiropractors as the tend to only concentrate on the bones.  I would recommend a whole holistic Osteopath,  they work with the soft tissue and bones.  If you can find one who does Reiki as well the energy balance would be soothing.

:hug:

I'm a big fan of chiro work for specific kinds of back and neck issues.

It's not a cure-all panacea, and be careful of chiros who claim to be able to fix things that aren't back/neck issues.

I just started physical therapy and am finding relief already. I've always been leery of chiro, but have gone many times for small things. Now, during withdrawal, I'm down right afraid. I settled on physical therapy. I have excruciating lower back pain, tense upper and mid back muscles and painful traps. PT is tea hung me proper body mechanics and exercises that stretch muscles and build muscles (like oblique muscles) to stabilize my lower back. I feel 50% better already and am so happy. Yes, it's expensive, but worth it. The pinching is completely gone and now it's just a dull ache. I'm kicking myself for not going sooner. I'm also looking for an osteopath in my area.

I agree with Kiddo. I have been going to  PT for a few months and she has made a world of difference in my lower back, which has always been dicely.

I also did something to my tailbone in March and suffered mightily without being able to sit except in pain . . . and she fixed that in one visit!! 

I used to see a chiro, but like Kiddo, got scared off. All that violent wrenching and popping used to worry me a lot! But the PT does trigger point releases and can zero in on where the pain is and relieve a tight muscle that way. Very worthwhile.

Hope this helps,

Okatz

Chiropractors are highly educated, knowledgeable professionals.  They are capable of helping people with a wide range of health issues; they just don't use drugs to cover up symptoms like medical doctors. 

http://www.vichiro.ca/resources/chiromedhrscompare.png

Chiropractors are highly educated, knowledgeable professionals.  They are capable of helping people with a wide range of health issues; they just don't use drugs to cover up symptoms like medical doctors. 

[

They would use drugs just like regular doctors do but they are not qualified or licensed to prescribe meds or do much of anything for that matter other than mostly useless "treatments" and also dangerous useless "treatments" such as neck twisting.

[

They would use drugs just like regular doctors do but they are not qualified or licensed to prescribe meds or do much of anything for that matter other than mostly useless "treatments" and also dangerous useless "treatments" such as neck twisting.

I agree Eric as I said previously "not a fan"  I am a Natural Therapist who's speciality is body work.  (hence my previous niavity  to benzos)  I was trained at college/university by holistic Osteopaths.  Drugs are only prescribed under life saving circumstances.  They dont even prescribe anti-inflammatories. We were educated with practitioner grade Vitamin C and so forth, another speciality field which is far more effective when used properly. 

[

I agree Eric as I said previously "not a fan"  I am a Natural Therapist who's speciality is body work.  (hence my previous niavity  to benzos)  I was trained at college/university by holistic Osteopaths.  Drugs are only prescribed under life saving circumstances.  They dont even prescribe anti-inflammatories. We were educated with practitioner grade Vitamin C and so forth, another speciality field which is far more effective when used properly.

I'm a fan of natural, such as eating properly, supplements used correctly, relaxation, massage, yoga, and so on. Anything that is natural that promotes health and well being and helps prevent disease and sickness. I'm not a fan of quackery, though. I am a retired health care professional so I know about sickness and disease all too well. Anything natural that helps prevent it, I'm a fan of it, other than quackery which hurts people.

[

I'm a fan of natural, such as eating properly, supplements used correctly, relaxation, massage, yoga, and so on. Anything that is natural that promotes health and well being and helps prevent disease and sickness. I'm not a fan of quackery, though. I am a retired health care professional so I know about sickness and disease all too well. Anything natural that helps prevent it, I'm a fan of it, other than quackery which hurts people.

Great, which health care profession are you retired from?  :)

Quackery!  Sorry I dont understand?  Which profession are you referring to?

[

Homeopathy for example for quackery.

[

No I cant say Im a fan of that either

Homeopathy for example for quackery.

Although I am not so harsh as to call other professions "quackery" whether they be Orthodox or Traditional.

This thread is about offering help in relation to Chiropractors.

Although I am not so harsh as to call other professions "quackery" whether they be Orthodox or Traditional.

This thread is about offering help in relation to Chiropractors.

Those that fall under the category of "quackery" are not professions. Professional con people would be more appropriate, though.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to homeopath once because I had diarrhea on and off.. he gave me some drops to take with water that "are perfect" for diarrhea. I took them and had even worse diarrhea for weeks.

Just wanted to share,  :thumbsup:

I went to homeopath once because I had diarrhea on and off.. he gave me some drops to take with water that "are perfect" for diarrhea. I took them and had even worse diarrhea for weeks.

Just wanted to share,  :thumbsup:

That is because homoeopathic remedies are stabilised in medicinal alcohol!! Something we should stay away from while in withdrawal!  :thumbsup:

I know that homeopathic remedies are trusted by some people but they have never been proven to work in any proper clinical study.

I very much doubt that a few drops of alcohol could give ANYONE diarrhea for weeks. There must be some other underlying condition. Perhaps a real doctor would be able to sort out your symptom, if it persists.

hey, can we not turn this into an overall ideological argument about whether or not peer-reviewed RCTs are the be all end all of human wellness?

There are bad doctors. There are bad chiropractors. Some people have found chiro helpful. Some people have found it harmful.

Equating chiropractic to homeopathy is idiotic. Even conventional MDs mostly agree that various kinds of chiro work is beneficial for specific back ailments.

Please feel free to continue to share your relevant personal experiences with chiropractors in this thread. If you have a bone to pick with the entire concept, then please put a sock in it. This is not the time or place.