6-12 month thread....

[Co...]

Yeah its really crazy how some people are just so very sensitive to this.

I haven't been on this forum alot to really look around but are they alot of success stories in regards to insomnia? or are we kinda most likely never going to sleep well again lol

I really do think we can heal though i think our bodies have that ability.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Co...]

• [Gr...]

• [No...]

• [pe...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I will echo kiddo and say I'm a little slow to find this group! I am almost at seven months. At five months I was convinced I had this beat, but the last two months have been a downhill slide. I was happy (pseudo-benzo WD happy) to read the posts that LeoK is doing so much better. I remember reading his post when I posted my freedom celebration and he was pretty miserable. I'm hoping there's a big turnaround coming my way too.

Im just shy of 25 months, so I've seen a lot on these boards. I'd say the vast majority of people I've talked to on here have had their sleep return to a more normal state. Maybe a handful that still have some problems. Some of them were heavily polydrugged for a long time though.

I've read a lot about neurogenisis and it's pretty remarkable the power of the brain to heal. People with massive physical injuries to their brain can even recover some or all brain function. People with stroked learn to walk and talk again. It just takes a good bit of time for the brain to heal.

Swimming, a healing turn around can come rapidly for some people. Just keep holding on until your day comes. :)

Im just shy of 25 months, so I've seen a lot on these boards.

Hi Siggy, since you've been here a long time, what symptoms seem to last the longest that you have seen?

Im just shy of 25 months, so I've seen a lot on these boards.

Hi Siggy, since you've been here a long time, what symptoms seem to last the longest that you have seen?

Tinnitus, burning skin still here and there. Head and neck pressure. Mild insomnia. All have gone from originally an 11 down to a 1 or 2. Actually sometimes I don't notice them much anymore most of the time. They come and go and are pretty mild most of the time. Actually plan to write a success story soon when I get the time. My big turn around was around month 19, but I've waited a while until at least 2 years off to write it. I was really up and down for a few months before it all just cleared up within a two week period and has pretty much mostly been gone since then (Dec. 2015).

Hope all of you are doing ok today.

Hello I'm just 8 months off, a month ago I was considering 90% healed, I was playing soccer 3 times a week, sleeping OK, but last week I played two games in a row and get exhausted, next day the tingling buzzing twitching and painfull legs came back, also something that I never had. A sharp brief like electric pain in my head , very scary thing.

So now I have insomnia, pain in my muscles, tinnitus,nose pressure, headaches, morning anxiety and a feeling like been on a boat.

I did a CT not knowing, and I was polydrugged for some years, at first I had like 30+ SxS, some went away , some new appear.

Well I just wanna ventilate, I'm alone in this.

PD: I'm from Latinamerica, so my  first language is Spanish , my English is quite poor.

Hugs to all.

• 4 weeks later...

I just started my 7th month. My story sounds a lot like others on here. The past few months have been ok. Longer windows of 80%-90% of baseline with a few days that almost felt normal. But in the last few weeks I seemed to have regressed just when I thought I had it beat as well.

Does anyone else still have muscle twitches over 6 months out? They were sowing way down but in the last week have been going crazy almost constantly!

Hey. Guess I qualify for this thread.

Laying here with nerve pain in hips and groin and right leg. Muscle spasms in the back. Twitchy too. If I lay very still, I might be mostly OK. Shall I lay very still for the next 18 months?  :sick: Really, can't walk barely, can't drive, worst I've been physically throughout this whole ordeal. Is this gonna be the new normal? Not feeling hopeful.

Hi everyone. Looks like everyone is experiencing  the normal doubts of recovery as we get tossed around in the waves....I sure had/have mine.This is not an easy process.

Just wanted to give everyone some encouragement. I've had some really tough months (around 6-7 months and 10 months) where I was sure I would be stuck in a permeant state of physical and emotional misery....but I've been wrong every time.

I'm half way through month 11 and the healing that has ushered in the last 3 weeks is incredible. I'm not in a window (still symptomatic) but the severity is the lowest it's ever been. Basically a slight nuisance rather than a fight to get through the day. For the last couple weeks I've been about 85% which is the best I've felt in over 3 years (tapered 22 months)

So if you're in a rough spot right now....it won't last forever. I promise. If you want to see the difference, feel free to read my progress log (link in signature).

We're all going to make it  :smitten:

Hi kiddo,

What are the nuisance symptoms you're still dealing with? Is it cog fog stuff, motivation, physical things? I appreciate you coming by to give a lift.

Bennie

Hi Bennie-

I have a super sore low back and quads right now, so I feel your muscle misery. I always wonder how to know if it is withdrawal or just life, but in the end the way I treat it is the same. Patience, rest, gentle exercise. Trying to decide if I can jog or swim today.

Kiddo- I'm holding onto your words like a lifeline in the darkness. You have absolutely earned every moment of happiness and I hope it continues for you!

JKS

Hi Bennie-

I have a super sore low back and quads right now, so I feel your muscle misery. I always wonder how to know if it is withdrawal or just life, but in the end the way I treat it is the same. Patience, rest, gentle exercise. Trying to decide if I can jog or swim today.

Kiddo- I'm holding onto your words like a lifeline in the darkness. You have absolutely earned every moment of happiness and I hope it continues for you!

JKS

JKS,

I am happy for you if you would be able to swim! That seems like a feat. Have you done a TENS unit? I'd like to make it down stairs for breakfast but moving and fulfilling basic needs are near to impossible. I believe the nerves are just firing off like Fourth of July.

Wishing everyone a day of ease.

Bennie

Is that the same as a TENs unit? Electrical stimulation? I used it in labor and found it helpful  ;D

I don't own one though. I have two spoonk mats that I really like for sore muscles.

Enjoy your breakfast!

JKS

Is that the same as a TENs unit? Electrical stimulation? I used it in labor and found it helpful  ;D

I don't own one though. I have two spoonk mats that I really like for sore muscles.

Enjoy your breakfast!

JKS

Yes. I just corrected autocorrect. TENS. Can get them cheap on line at Amazon.

Bennie - I have mostly all my same symptoms still, but they are much much lower in intensity. That's what I meant by more of a nuisance at times....sorry if that wasn't clear. After my post yesterday I got slammed by a "hormone" wave - every month it's the same old crap. It's tiring. But even in this wave I'm fairly functional. So even though it's going to be a tough 4-5 days, I'm still miles ahead of where I was.

JKS - "we're all just walking each other home"  :smitten:

I went for a swim and it does feel good. I love the feeling of being supported in the water even if I cant go very far or fast.

• 4 years later...
  • 4 months later...
Fluffer, I just found your post.  If you see this and you are still interested in reviving this thread, I am interested too.  Maybe it has been revived in some other form or forum.  If so, can you let me know?  Or a 9-12 month thread???

• 1 month later...

Hi Leoninano,

No one was posting on this thread in Support Groups so I tried to get something going for us in the Post-Withdrawal Recovery Support.  Here's the link. 

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=263556.0

Maybe you can join us there.  Little by little the group is growing.  In one more week I will have completed 9 months off with many of your same symptoms.  I seem to be stuck.  I thought it would end too at 6 months.  Actually, I thought it would end after a week or two! We have to keep going.    Glad you had chimed in.  We'll get through this together, all of us.