Walking into walls

[Je...]

I'm a bad judge of distance this week.  Knocked over a grapefruit display in the grocery store today, whacked a stock boy with my basket, sometimes the fork misses my mouth, keep hitting my funny bone on furniture, tripped in the ladies room yesterday.

What gives?  I lost touch with my boundaries and seem to have lost all sense of my distance from objects.

Altered spacial perception seems common. I get this too, one of the reasons I tend to drive on back-roads and only short distances.

I'm having a lot of that too, my vision is really weird and I have trouble with depth perception (makes me wobbly and dizzy sometimes)... very annoying to say the least... hypersensitive I'm doing the same thing with the driving short trips into town when I have to and straight back..

I was really wobbly during withdrawal and early off. I had a line of bruises from constantly running into the same pieces of furniture every day.  Benzos do affect the vestibular system significantly.  While time is the real cure, I did some vestibular exercises. I'll see if I can find the link for you.  I also did balance exercises like standing on one foot while I brushed my teeth.  With time, this will resolve.

pianogirl

I am the same way. Walk into things, no coordination and on and on. My husband takes my arm when we're walking. I feel 90 yrs old. We will get better, in time.  Kay

hey pianogirl thank you for the link to the exercises good to feel like there's something we can do about some of this stuff :thumbsup:

bkbk I had a friend who used to do the same thing wonderful to have that yes we will get better  :smitten:

Great link thanks so much.  My normal state is extremely coordinated, great at tennis, darts, i can juggle...balance well.  I feel like a cartoon lately.