Zoloft question about upset stomach

[no...]

I was taking Prozac and was switched to Zoloft.  I am on a little under 1.5 mg xanax tapering.  It has been about 17 days since last taper.  Someone told me the Zoloft may be making me feel like I have morning sickness (no, no way there is a little junior on the way).  I get nauseated and diarrhea.  Could it be the zoloft?  Or the xanax?  It is lasting longer, like a couple or three hours.

I was taking Prozac and was switched to Zoloft.  I am on a little under 1.5 mg xanax tapering.  It has been about 17 days since last taper.  Someone told me the Zoloft may be making me feel like I have morning sickness (no, no way there is a little junior on the way).  I get nauseated and diarrhea.  Could it be the zoloft?  Or the xanax?  It is lasting longer, like a couple or three hours.

Hi NHC,

It really could be either, I did experience heightened diarrhea while getting on Zoloft but chose to discontinue it after 8 weeks not for that reason. Many have also experienced diarrhea (IBS symptoms) and nausea during their taper.

T2 :smitten:

Sorry for the problems you are having.  I think you pretty much just have to treat the symptoms regardless of the source.  Both nausea and diarrhea have been reported here a lot.  Gingerale, ginger or peppermint tea are good for the nausea and increasing your fiber can help with the diarrhea.  Stay well hydrated.  :thumbsup:

Thanks for your responses.  T2, Beeper, Wonderwoman.  I may have to go off Zoloft for awhile as process of elimination.

You need to talk to your doctor if you chose to go off the Zoloft. It also requires tapering.

My neighbor stopped taking it and fell flat on her face, literally. because of the nausea and dizziness. Had to reinstate, so go off slowly if need be.

I sure don't want to fall on my face!  I will taper from Zoloft.  I  am reserving judgment on what it does to my mental health whenever I get through the xanax symptoms.  Because right now I don't know what my mental health is.  But it seems to make me quieter and feel less emotions.

• 1 month later...

I was switched from Xanax (10+ yrs) to Klonopin in December.  January 8th I was started on Zoloft as well.  Anytime I felt queazy at all, not sure which was doing it, I'd find something to do with myself,.... walk my treadmill or find something good on tv, or clean house, etc...  The busier I stayed the easier it was for me to stick with it.  I'm on day 14 of Zoloft, and I noticed a big improvement within the last couple days of how much better I feel. 

I wish the Zoloft had worked better for you, and hope you find the right one!!  It makes me quieter and have less emotions as well, which in my case is a good thing because I was a crying, moody, nutcase before!  It took me forever to admit it was depression and not just anxiety.  When I found out that side effects of Xanax tolerance were depression and anxiety, I decided it's time to find out the real deal and I'm so glad I did. 

I'm not capable of advising anyone of anything, but I wish you well in whatever it is you have to do to feel right again!  In the meantime just show up, and support is here!      :thumbsup: