back again

[po...]

Polenta,

Saying hi to you and kitties.  Are they responding to treatment? I hope so. Those poor boys deserve a break, and so do you.

Prayers and healing energy. :smitten:

Jade

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [po...]

• [Ja...]

• [Li...]

• [pr...]

Hi Polenta,

How are you and the kitties holding up? 

I would think the first one to have it is all done with the treatments.  Let us know how the post treatment tests go.  Thanks!

Love and prayers,

:smitten:

Lily

The first one has just finished his medication course, and the vet does not want to do an invasive x ray (thank goodness) he said yesterday that I must monitor the cat for sneezing, and although I told him that he had sneezed once during the night, he said to hold off giving him an more antifungals (because it would mean a whole long course again) for 3 or 4 days and wait and see if he sneezes frequently or not.

His brother is on his second week, so I am just keeping my  fingers crossed. 

(one bottle, one course for 1 cat costs £70.)  I am doing a bit better myself at the moment, and I am hoping that you (jade and lily) are going to get some big improvements in the next few months too! :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks for your healing thoughts and for all your support.

Polenta :smitten:

Hugs and healing to you and your brother kitties.

I am glad things are a bit better for you. Can't say much else right now.

"Those who know they do not know

Gain wisdom.

Those who pretend they know

Remain ignorant.

Those who acknowledge their weakness

Become strong.

Those who flaunt their power

Will lose it.

Wisdom and power

Follow truth above all.

For truth is the way of Tao."

(Tao 71)

Jade

Hi Polenta,

Glad things are going okay for you. :smitten:

These last 7 weeks I don't know what is going on. It's like someone turned up the volume on all my sx across the board.

Even my face is getting deep breakouts again, like right out of detox. Really inconceivable.

Boy I sure could use a message from the universe telling me it will be okay soon... :-\

"A man with outward courage dare to die.

A man with inward courage dares to live."  (Tao 73)

Jade

I am not feeling very good, I seem to have developed an allergy to apples and peaches, which I find incredible, so I have been eating an apple a day for a week and only just googled it to find all the symptoms match mine……

Sorry Jade, that you are feeling bad too….

well i haven't had an apple for 2 days and don't feel any better so the only other thing that it could be is my new water filter jug which I bought about a week ago.  I googled it and found the following info, it seems equally incredible to me, but I will stop using it and report back.

Charcoal is made from coal, petroleum, wood, or other substances. It becomes "activated charcoal" when high temperatures combine with a gas or activating agent to expand its surface area.

Side Effects of Activated Charcoal

Metabolic

When sorbitol is combined with activated charcoal, side effects related to metabolism are experienced by an individual. Dehydration, shock, electrolyte abnormalities, hypernatremia, and hypermagnesemia are the effects of activated carbon or charcoal.

Hematologic

Exacerbation or increase in symptoms of variegate porphyria is a result of a wrong dose or over dose of activated charcoal. This condition culminates into increased skin lesions, plasma, and urine porphyrins.

Gastrointestinal

Just as activated charcoal is used the most for gastrointestinal purpose, it is also believed to have maximum side effects for the same system of our body. So, starting from frequent side effects like vomiting and nausea, an overdose could result in bowel obstruction and perforation of gastrointestinal tract. Other side effects include ileus, chalk like taste on the tongue, which is unpalatable, abscess formation, black colored stools, etc.

Respiratory

Wrong administration of activated charcoal straight into the lungs of an adult is known to cause adult respiratory distress syndrome. In addition to this, empyema, which refers to collection of pus within the cavity between the lungs and membrane around it and bronchiolitis obliterans (blocking or plugging of airways with granulation tissue) can be experienced as a side effect of activated charcoal.

Ocular

In the case where activated charcoal comes in contact with eyes, it can result in corneal abrasions.

Other Side Effects

The ones mentioned above were specific and categorized side effects. Apart from these, there are a few more side effects, some of which are pretty common and minor. They also subside in a specific time period. So, such effects of this drug are allergic reactions, like difficulty in breathing, skin rash, swelling of mouth, lips, face, or tongue, and tightness in the chest. These effects are mainly experienced when the charcoal is combined with sorbitol. Constipation and diarrhea are amongst other after effects of activated charcoal. If any of these symptoms are severe, one should immediately consult a doctor.

Read more at Buzzle: http://www.buzzle.com/articles/activated-charcoal-side-effects.html

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:32 PM

I wish I had found this forum earlier. I just spent 4 of the sickest days of my life thanks to a Brita system.  I couldn't figure it out at first.  I had diarrhea for days on end; terrible.  Then one night I was laying in bed in misery and tried to think through what was going on and it hit me.  I had just bought the Brita System (filter + container). I got home from a trip and started to drink a lot of water from it.  The next day the diarrhea hit.  I didn't want to dehydrate, so I kept drinking more water from the Brita and got sicker and sicker.  I did a search online and found other people reporting the same thing.  I stopped drinking water from the Brita immediately and now a mere 12 hours in I'm well on the road to recovery.  Poisoned by a Brita system.  Who would have thought it?

In March 2013, I purchased my first Brita water pitcher. The water in Louisville is pretty good; truthfully, the primary reason for the purchase was because I prefer room temperature water. I decided if I was going to keep my water at room temperature, I would at least filter it. Within a couple of weeks, I had diarrhea. I was training for a mini marathon, so I thought the stress I was putting on my body was causing the diarrhea.

To protect my body from dehydration, I increased my water intake. The diarrhea became severe, to the point I missed work. It was several weeks before I realized the problem was the Brita water filter. I stopped using it immediately. The severity of the problem stopped when I stopped drinking the Brita water; but, I continue to have gastrointestinal problems even after all these months. At this point, I would simply appreciate getting my gut back to normal.

I am hoping that my dreadful week has been caused by the filter jug (I would find it easy not to use it), will report back in a couple of days.

Hello Polenta,

That is awful that the water filter jug could be causing your illness.  Well, I guess it is at least something you could stop and be well hopefully soon.  And I do hope that you soon feel better after not using it.  So sorry.  It is amazing what can effect us so greatly. 

How are the boys doing?  I hope the first one is not having any symptoms and that the second is doing well with the meds.  Holding them close in my thoughts.

You asked how I am doing.  Well, it is a roller coaster right now.  I have a better day and then go down again.  Sound familiar, huh.  So I am just hanging on and looking for how to live through this the best I can.  Thanks for asking about me.  : )

Let us know how things are going there.

Love to all three of you,

Lily

Polenta,

So sorry for you going through all of this. One thing after another. :(

As Lily said, hope the kitties are doing as well as can be expected.

I am just treading water as fast as I can here... :sick:

Love to you and your babies, and prayers and healing energy. :angel:

Jade

Thank you Lily and Jade, I am beginning to feel a little better thank goodness, I find it difficult to believe that I am so sensitive to chemicals but the fact is that I am, and I have to learn to accept it.  I will not try anything new without googling it first from now on.

I am still feeling nauseous and dizzy, but the diarrhoea/constipation is not so bad, my tinnitus is almost back to normal and I did get some sleep last night.  My mood is still not back to normal, but then it is only 12 hours since my last "dose".  There are many posts on the web about these filters causing fibromyalgia, chronic cystitis etc etc., all of which stop after cessation of using the filters - it makes me wonder about myself because I used a filter for many years before giving up about 2 years ago.  I just hope my experience and posts may help someone else to avoid the problem.

I am sorry I couldn't send you a comforting post Jade, but my mood was (and still is) badly affected. The confusion is starting to settle down now  - all from a filter……………… unbelievable

The boys are still sneezing occasionally, I don't know whether this is normal or not. do your cats ever sneeze?

:smitten: :smitten:

Hey Polenta,

Hope your water filter reaction is letting up by now. Are the brother kitties doing okay too?

I am not sure what is going on here. Got a brief 1 hour lift eight days ago, and slammed ever since. This is the worst severity sx ever been. Really going minute to minute.

What kind of music do you like? Are you into contemporary jazz? I love so many types of music, but contem. jazz is my mainstay. Have you heard of Paul Hardcastle? I think he's from London---or somewhere in the UK. He's been a producer of mellow jazz for 30 years. Here is a sample of his work.

Paul Hardcastle "Cloud Watching"

Some of his productions are under the name Jazzmasters. He has a female singer, Helen Rogers, on alot of his songs. She has a really smooth voice.

Jazzmasters "Soft Rain"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zJTgAF9RlA&list=LLcfmqCheXcssENhq0v1cknw&index=26

Paul Hardcastle "Driftin Away"

Maybe this isn't the kind of music you like. I absolutely love PaulHardcastle---he is so smooth and mellow.

Love to you and kitties :smitten:

Jade

Hello Jade, the water fillter reaction has done something to my stomach and that always makes other symptoms like insomnia etc come back, so I still feel bad, although a tiny bit improved, unfortunately I am still having caffeine wd sx, so it is complicated -

I coulldn't listen to music for decades because of benzos, and it is so hard to get back into the habit, and I still find It hard, unless I am feeling absolutely wonderful, which isn't all that often at the moment. I will listen to your links and let you know.

I am sorry you are in such a bad wave, at least I don't have them like that any more.  I can't wait for you to get better!!!!!!!!! ( I know you will)

:smitten: :smitten:

Polenta,

Just stopping to say hi to you and kitties, hope you are all doing as well as you can...

I am so in the thick of it last 5 days, I literally feel insane... :-[

Praying for all of us.

Jade

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Polenta,

Hope you are doing okay and your kitty boys too. Haven't heard from you for days and wondering if you are all right.

I am remembering you three in my prayers daily.

No changes for me yet, just trying to float through it day to day.

Love, Jade

Hi Polenta,

Just stopping by to greet you and kitties.

I am struggling so...hope you are okay across the pond. I think of you and pray for you alot. :smitten:

Jade

Thank you Jade, I am in the most stressful situation I have been in for years atm, (the cats are safe at the vet's kennels), I don't want to post about it because it could identify me, but I am doing ok and it should be sorted in a week or three.

Needless to say I am exhausted, but  I am dealing with it.  I am sorry you are feeling so awful, I wish I could help you more….

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Polenta,

I am so sorry you are dealing with something of such huge proportions right now. I'm sure stress is still very hard on your nervous system after everything you've through.

I hope the kitties are not dealing with any increased health problems right now. They have been through enough also.

I wish life would start evening out for all of us struggling like this. I am getting even worse sx, sorry to say.

I am praying for you and kitties and have all of you in my thoughts.

Love, Jade :smitten:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Polenta,

Hope things are going okay through this stressful time for you. Hope kitties are okay too.

No let up here. If anything turns you will be one of the first to know!

Love, Jadetortoise :)

Hi Polenta,

I have been following your posts since I have been back on BB for a little while after being gone for most of Oct.  I still am not posting really but wanted you to know that you and the boys are in my thoughts everyday.

I really hope things are better soon...  Please do leave us a post when you can.

Sending you love and prayers,

Lily

hello Jade and Lily, I am sending you hope and healing.

The boys are both well (although at the vets whilst I sort out this situation), and I am nearly through this stressful period, I hope it will be over in a couple of weeks, and I can't wait.

much love  :smitten: :smitten:

Oh, that is good to hear that all of you are okay and that in a couple of weeks all should be back to normal!  I am sure you can hardly wait!

Sending you much love,

Lily