(One for the Brits)- article to be published in the Sunday Telegraph this week

[Ji...]

Hellooo

Just to give you all a heads up.

The Telegraph on Sunday will be doing a two page spread on the dangers of withdrawal.

I'll try and upload it here when it's available

Jo x

Hello JJ.  Is that two page spread about withdrawal from meds in general or specifically about benzo withdrawal?

Do you have any other info about it?

Hellooo

Just to give you all a heads up.

The Telegraph on Sunday will be doing a two page spread on the dangers of withdrawal.

I'll try and upload it here when it's available

Jo x

please do, i'll be ever so interested , thank you. :thumbsup:

Could someone from the UK post it so everyone can read? Is it available online?

Thank you!

Whoopsie, I should have read your post more carefully  :D

Thank you  :)

thanks Beth, powerful article , thank you to the sunday telegraph.

after 9 years Henry was able to return to work, 9 years......unbelievable.

he is filing a law suit , good on him, so am i. >:( >:(:tickedoff:

[f1...]

I am really quite worried about the reference to permanent brain damage and animal experiments towards the end  :(

I am really quite worried about the reference to permanent brain damage and animal experiments towards the end  :(

i am not going to think about this now, lets stay positive , those thoughts won't help

our recovery .

Thank you for this Beth.

I am in tears, tears for all of us and the millions who are doomed to follow us...if they're lucky.

God knows what will happen to those who buy into the myths, those who get stuck in the vicious circle of destruction.

Whatever damage may have been done to my brain, it's stopped now.

I'll gladly settle for that.

Take care,

spartacus xxx

Duck, if you read the article again, it says those darn pills don't help,

but once you are on them you must start a sensible taper and not get off

them too quick, i guess you stopped too fast, just my 2 cents. :(

[f1...]
I stopped too fast but didn't know any better. With an uneducated medical profession what are we supposed to do? There's so much out there about the dangers of these drugs and yet prescriptions for antidepressants and benzos are escalating. It's beyond me and time for an enormous shake up.

its effing criminal Beth,

to think they noticed when making a drug for tuberculosis it made people happier

as well is a joke, they are bonkers in my opinion and so are we for trusting them.

when i was at detox, they put me on citaolpram and seroquel, just imagine ,

i had no Dp, no mental issues at all.

but i thought they knew what they are doing, who wouldn't ? well, like duck said

i started feeling like a zombie as well , i just felt i was in big bloody trouble

with those meds, and once i done my research i tapered the lot . i was lucky,

only took them for 5 weeks and tapered for about 2.

the ignorant bastard at the Hospital tried to convince me that i am depressed,

he wouldn't have no for an answer, god help them when i have recovered. >:(

[f1...]

We have to trust someone especially when we're ill. It's not our fault Morreweg.

There was no internet when I was first prescribed benzos so I had no knowledge of their horrors. All I was doing was taking a simple sleeping tablet when suffering insomnia. With two young children to care for and a major op to get over I needed my sleep. Nobody told me of the consequences.

Hi all,

Its such a shame the article was framed mainly around anti-depressants. My story was really about the benzo withdrawal hell. I'm glad its reached so many people tho. The more the message gets out there the better...maybe psychiatry and medicine in general will begin to think about the potential for long term damage a bit more now...

I've had so many wonderful phone calls today from people who say the article and felt moved by it. Also people who i haven't spoken to for years on Facebook suddenly started opening up about their experiences on psych meds. dreadful!

Lets hope CEP will take this forward and alternatives will be sought in future for people suffering.

Thank you for this Beth.

I am in tears, tears for all of us and the millions who are doomed to follow us...if they're lucky.

God knows what will happen to those who buy into the myths, those who get stuck in the vicious circle of destruction.

Whatever damage may have been done to my brain, it's stopped now.

I'll gladly settle for that.

Take care,

spartacus xxx

Yep, as odd as this may sound I believe we here are the "lucky" ones for having realised and confronted what was causing the numerous s/xs and health issues we started to experience that prompted us to withdraw from the drug.

Others sadly will remain hooked till the end.

I'm truly surprised that there haven't been more lawsuits since pills have ruined so many people's lives. If there were more lawsuits, I'm thinking that doctors would start doing some research and start realizing what an epidemic drug dispensing is. 

I'm truly surprised that there haven't been more lawsuits since pills have ruined so many people's lives. If there were more lawsuits, I'm thinking that doctors would start doing some research and start realizing what an epidemic drug dispensing is. 

:thumbsup:

Hello Terry,

This is surprising until you consider that many of us are so traumatised by the whole process that consciously tipping ourselves into another battle would require a willingness to self-harm that has been largely exhausted by dangerous drugs.

If I went to law now I would be risking more than losing a court case...and I cant know when or if that is going to change.

Take care

spartacus