• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [sw...]

• [ha...]

• [Th...]

• [Be...]

Top Posters In This Topic

TS Did I read that you cold turkeyed of of the benzo...........wow how did u manage to get thru it

Yes, I ct'ed 6 mg of Klonopin. Getting through it was one minute at a time for the first several months, it was very hard but it was what it took to get where I needed to be. 

I had been in tolerance for quite a while so like most everyone I was sick while on the drugs.  It kinda boils down to this--You can be sick on the drugs or you can be sick off them.  One is no better than the other except when you are off you are actually healing. 

There is no doubt about it, going through wd was very hard but so is staying on a drug that is poison. The key is to have a plan and stick to it.  Even when the symptoms get rougher you stay with plan because that is the only way off.  If I had gone back on the drugs and changed things every time it got really bad I would still be on them and sick today. 

Is it possible aftr 20 years on benzo  to go into a detox and get off them in like 7 days.............i had a friend that called a detox place that tapers you off and they told her it could be done in 7 days............with round the clock nurses and a dr there also.............they can use phenabartatal if needed whatever that is,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,im thinking of doing this as im not doing well on my own taper..............I see my dr on wed and im asking for something for this depression wheter its from the pills or not.............i need help...................do any of you know anyone that detoxed inpatient.............i would like to read their story.................thanks

Unfortunately anyone can help you get off of them in 7 days.  It doesn't matter what drugs you're given to feel better for those 7 days, when you get home your body still has to heal.  There is no cheating that.  You can get off of them yourself, in however many days you want to.  You will still have symptoms as your body heals.  The benefit to doing a proper taper is that your body has less bumps along the way.  Recovery from benzos is not an easy process, but by tapering correctly you are giving your body the best chance of healing instead of being traumatized. 

Just my opinion.  I do hope you feel better soon!   

Phyllis  :smitten:

TS...............so if Im having trouble with my taper wouldnt a detox be better than what Im doing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i mean u survived cold turkey after being on them how long?...............This detox place does a a taper off then not just cold turkey,,,,,,,,I just want off the poison

TS...............so if Im having trouble with my taper wouldnt a detox be better than what Im doing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i mean u survived cold turkey after being on them how long?...............This detox place does a a taper off then not just cold turkey,,,,,,,,I just want off the poison

TS didn't know any different about coming off benzos. I'm sure she will be by to tell you herself that cold turkey (c/t) is not the way to go. Detox is the same as doing a c/t, they put you on another drug while removing the benzos and then they take away the other drug and leave you on nothing. You still have to heal from the c/t or detox, they act the same way when it comes to benzos and it is usually a brutal trip.

TS didn't know any different about coming off benzos. I'm sure she will be by to tell you herself that cold turkey (c/t) is not the way to go. Detox is the same as doing a c/t, they put you on another drug while removing the benzos and then they take away the other drug and leave you on nothing. You still have to heal from the c/t or detox, they act the same way when it comes to benzos and it is usually a brutal trip.

T2 is right. I didn't know the dangers of cold turkey and I do not recommend going cold turkey or going to a detox center.  Yes, I survived the cold turkey and I'm here to tell you that the hell you are going through now is nothing compared to the hell you will go through with a ct or detox (and they are basically the same thing except cold turkey is cheaper than detox). 

What they call a "7 day taper" is nothing more than a cold turkey with a high dollar price tag and some anti seizure meds thrown in so you don't die on them.  You leave and then you are on your own again worse than you are now.  And more than likely you would reinstate starting it all over again.

Rather than cold turkey get on a schedule and stick to it come hell or high water.  Don't vary from it regardless of the symptoms and know up front that they are going to be hard.  There is no easy way for you to come off, you are already in tolerance and no amount of drugs or different drugs are going to make you feel better.  I know this isn't good news but it's the way it is.  You've tried everything and in every combination and nothing is working.  Tapering off is the only way you are going to get better and get on with your life. 

You can do this but you must believe you can do it and make up your mind to go the distance. We are all here to help you get through it.  :)

TS

anyone know of tranxene my froend was just put on it.............i think its a benzo..............i rehtought detox

Hello...................im doing a bet better.................Me and my friend are wondering how 1 mg of ativan compares to 15 mg Tranxene(she just got put on it) and it sounds like such a high dose,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,would any of you know,,,,,,,,,,,,,,is this supose to be somewaht equal to 1 mg of ativan?

I believe 1mg ativan and 15mg of tranxene are equal. Both equal 10mg of valium.

Glad your feeling a bit better!!

Amanda  :smitten:

Paxton............thanks alot for the answer.................my friend was worried . She switched from ativan to tranxene in the same day,,,,,,,,she had 1  ativan and later that day went to tranxene i would think thats dangerous............but then again i guess i have went back and forth on benzos in the same day................is tranxene stronger than ativan,,,,,,,,,,I have never heard of it...........her dr was gonna put ehr on valium but decided to put her on tranxeme..My dr put me on prozac for depression and im tapering off the ativan

My friend would like to know if she should have had a taper off ativan while going on Tranxene? her dr as most drs have always told me said NO.

My friend would like to know if she should have had a taper off ativan while going on Tranxene? her dr as most drs have always told me said NO.

What might have been suggested is a slow crossover since Ativan is a short to medium acting benzo and Tranxene is considered a long acting benzo so may take a few days to get up to full strength in the blood system.

bad days just feel like laying around crying alot today..................wondering if the prozac is making me worse

bad days just feel like laying around crying alot today..................wondering if the prozac is making me worse

How long have you been on the Prozac, sweetpea?  When I was put on it, it took about 5 weeks before I could tell my mood was improving.  I kept taking it even when I didn't feel any better because the doctor said it sometimes takes 3-4 weeks to take effect and he was mostly right (it took longer in my case).  You may feel worse just because you expected and hoped to feel better taking that pill, not because of anything the pill is doing.  I'd stick with it if I were you.  When it worked for me, it was like a miracle.

Took prozac 6 days and skipped a day trying to decide if i should take it this morning............seems like it makes me more nervous,,,,,,,,,,

oh also worried because prozac can cause abilify to build up to higher levels in the blood.............sothats why im scared..........but im on low dose of abilify 2 mg

oh also worried because prozac can cause abilify to build up to higher levels in the blood.............sothats why im scared..........but im on low dose of abilify 2 mg

Prozac takes several weeks to work and it's not uncommon to cause nervousness in the beginning.

If you're serious about the prozac, you HAVE to give it time to work - it's not something that works overnight... you're looking at 3-6 weeks before you get an effect. Think of it like a computer program being rewritten - except the computer in this case is your brain and the rewrite is the chemical change that has to occur.

As for the abilify, there is no such thing as a small dose of that crap. I'm still shocked that shit ever made it through FDA approval.

so abilify is a bad drug? Maybe if the prozac works i can go off it ,if its bad................all these meds are driving me nuts

Sweetpea,

You are continuing to "try" and stop whatever w/d s/x's you continue to have by starting and stopping whatever drug your doc will give you. And you just have to accept, if you "truly" want to get OFF of the drugs period and stop taking anything else to try and cover up ANY s/x that's going on with you. All you are doing and have continued to do over and over again is "try" to stop s/x's from withdrawal. There's is no getting away with it sweet, you have to just grin and bare it so to speak. OR you will never get off of these poisons. You are only continuing to feed ALL of your symptoms period, switching for more s/x's to get diff s/x's. And this will not stop until you get off of EVERYTHING. I would NOT take the prozac AT ALL as this is only asking for more trouble and as Petey said, that Abilify is bad news too, and this is all my opinions and have told you this long ago. If you'd of just stuck out the taper (no matter the dizziness or what it is) you'd be close to off if not off by now period.

And forgive me if this sounds harsh to you sweet, but you just don't seem to be understanding this whole process at all and IMO have to sit and think to yourself "do I really want to continue being so messed up, or do I REALLY WANT OFF of this garbage and REALLY GET BETTER, as that is the only way to do it, get off of EVERYTHING. :smitten:

so abilify is a bad drug? Maybe if the prozac works i can go off it ,if its bad................all these meds are driving me nuts

Please talk to your doctor before making any changes!! As you know most psych meds require tapering and should be under the care of your physician.

Oh i would never just stop it and as we havetalkedbefore sometimes a person needs a antidepressant and I have heard some good things about both meds Im on,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I cannot just listen about the negatives,,,,,,,,,,even beeper had good luck with prozac

I liked prozac when it worked for me. The effectiveness wore off quickly for me but it worked well for a little while. If it continues making you even more anxious you may want to talk to your doctor about a dose adjustment.

I didn't research the abilify much at all. When I successfully tapered it (tried once before but think I wasn't stable enough first) it wasn't really hard. If it's working for you right now I wouldn't stress about it, worry about the benzo and then reevaluate your other meds.

Hope you have a good weekend!

Amanda  :smitten: