The Wonderful thing of Mass Distraction :laugh:

[Ge...]

Hi Guys,

Well all of you know that I have been having a very rough time the last few week. My mind is on constant overdrive, always crying and thinking I'm loosing myself or going crazy... I have found it almost impossible to laugh lately, but I was wrong... The best I have felt this whole time is probably when I'm completely distracted and have my mind completely off all the worries.

Let me tell you a little story of what happened today, its flippen hilarious...

I just drove up to my house after having dinner with my girlfriend. She actually got home a few minuets before me...

I walk in the house just to see her with a look of utter terror! I asked her what happened..? She simply told me to go downstairs and check out the bathroom.

I was a little confused at this point? What could have happen, I thought? Did my dog break something while we were at work???

Well, I finally get to the bathroom downstairs just to find that my poor, poor dog had EXPLOSIVE diarrhea. The funny part is she is so considerate and smart that she made sure to do so in the bath tub and not all over the carpet. I found that hilarious!

Needless to say, between the smell and the horrible sight I instantly started to gag which led to violent vomiting... While this all sounds horrible, I was laughing my ass off at the entire situation all while gagging and vomiting. I couldn't stop thinking how smart my dog was!  :laugh:

While this whole story sounds morbid and disgusting I was delighted it happened. It was the first relief from the depersonalization, derealization and helped me redirect my thought if only for a moment.  :thumbsup:

The power of distraction and laughter is amazing!

That's my kind of funny! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:.......................................

.....smelling the poo does make you know you are A O.K.!!!...........sorry about the gagging and puking...... ;D

• 4 months later...

hahahahha sweet! i definately agree laughing will definately kill off your symptoms. my gf took me out to a park near by here to feed some ducks and geese some croutons we bought didnt like and didnt want it to goto waste. plus it was the only day we had in a while that was in the 60's and it was one of the first times out of the house for while since the broken foot. this is before i found you guys and had no idea why i was feeling like i was going insane. so not to sound long winded but the geese start fighting chasing my girlfriend and someone at the parks name was yuck. all this generally led me to explode in laughter. first time i alughed in 2 months and it eased it down quite a bit and made the rest of the day bearable.

just felt like i should share,

dave