3 mg V - 2 mg V support group.

[os...]

This is for those that are eeking down from 3 mg Valium to 2 mg Valium.

Hoping for a few members here.

I am currently a smidge under 2.9 mgs Valium and for me, this seems to be a tricky stage of the taper.

I have been holding here now for what must be getting on for five weeks, generally feeling pretty OK in many ways, I can tell my mind is much clearer now and there is not much fog at all.

Symptoms seem to be hovering just under so I am holding for awhile longer, I will either feel a lot better for cutting again or a lot worse, right now I am not sure how the next reductions will play out... my plan if it doesn't go well will be to updose a little more and then try and come down real slow although I hope that won't be necessary.

Thinking I am more than likely going to start taking Mirtazapine, I have resisted doing so for so long now but I am starting to think this may be the only way I will be able to taper off the last few mgs, although I am utterly convinced 3 mg to 2 mg is the trickiest part of this taper, I anticipate things to ease up considerably at 2 mg and below... could be wishful thinking on my part but for me that thought keeps me going which helps.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi, I'm at 2.5 and thinking I will go to 2 tomorrow as have been on this dose for 3 weeks. I'm doing ok, still managing to get to work which is my main priority. From what I read I may have to slow down soon, but so far I can manage this. I think I would obsess too much if I had to think about daily doses. Still terrified. I wish I knew whether it gets better or worse when you get to 0, but I don't want to bring on fears unnecessarily. I get windows of happiness along with the crazy times and that is helping. I used to have shocking nightmares on v and that's one of the reasons I got off. Now my main symptom is morning anxiety but that's been happening for so long now have come o expect it. The treadmill normally sees that off, enough for me to get to work.

[35...]
Im not with u all, but I just wondered, was it a lot easier going down from 10mg to ? When does it pay to either slow down the hold, or make a smaller cut? I had very little trouble with c/o to valium and so far, not much trouble making my first 2 .5mg cuts. I do plan to use Remeron when or if I get severe issues.

I.m at 2.02V.  Will be at 2.0 on 5/5.

Well done builder, good job.

Keep us posted on how you feel.

Hi Ingrid, I guess everyone can only say what they experienced. I went from 10 straight to 5 with mild problems. i was taking two 5's and just starting taking 1 tablet. Then I asked the doctor to start giving me 2mg tablets. i went straight from 5 to 2 and my head exploded! Then I found benzo buddies and learnt what a fool I'd been. I went back to 4mg. Now I go down .5 whenever I am feeling ok trying to change every two weeks. I have one bad week and a good week. I am figuring I will have to slow down but until I do am going to keep going as hate this poison. I am insane from 5 to 7:30am every morning. Hope that helps answer your question.  I am totally focused now on my stress levels. Eat well, exercise, no coffee/alcohol, meditate, CBT therapy, no scary tv shows. I have built a cuccoon around myself.  I want my life back!

[35...]
thanks for ur info bigmistake. I am just learning how all this works. Luckily, I found bb b4 beginning. I actually made my decision to c/o to valium after joining bb and reading reading reading. Im doing well, so far. Best of luck to u  :)