Author Topic: No withdrawal  (Read 485 times)

[Buddie]

No withdrawal
« on: April 17, 2014, 04:29:35 pm »
Are there actually any people who come off benzos at both high or low doses with little to no withdrawal?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: No withdrawal
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 04:48:58 pm »
Yes, there are tons of them out there. But they aren't members of BB because they have no problems to address and just get on with their lives. Us 14,000 + members are in the minority. [...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: No withdrawal
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 04:54:28 pm »
Hey [...],


I've quick-tapered down from 20 to 1mg a day and so far my WD's have been minimal compared to most people here.  I plan to cold turkey on Saturday so that'll be the real test once the drug starts leaving my system.
I believe the statistics are that approx 45% of people are likely to get little to no WD's from cessation but the other 55% seem to get a very hard deal, to say the least.

Most people here are in the 55% and seem to get their asses kicked pretty badly.  However, it's still generally accepted that tapering is the best route to freedom as one never knows if they're going be getting a seizure or worse from cold turkey.


B :)
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: No withdrawal
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 04:57:53 pm »
I've withdrawn three times over the last 10 years, and the first time, a rapid taper, was very easy and I had few symptoms afterwards.  I didn't know much about benzos then, though, and when my anxiety returned a few months later I reinstated. Others who have withdrawn multiple times tend to follow the same pattern.  So, I'm guessing if one withdraws one time only and never reinstates, it would not be unusual to have done so with minimal symptoms.

Another thing to remember is that people who've had easy withdrawals never show up at BenzoBuddies.  So we are not representative of the whole.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: No withdrawal
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 09:06:10 pm »
I'm not so sure anyone can stop a long term use of benzos with a short taper and no sxs whatsoever. I'm sure some people have fewer and milder sxs but no sxs at all hmm maybe they don't connect the dots.
But I have to say I came down from 30 to 10mg diazepam over a shorty-ish period of 3 or 4 month, can't remember but it was as per the Ashton plan, without much to complain if anything apart from a bit of anxiety here and there. Then from 10mg to 5 not too bad, my problems began below 5mg.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: No withdrawal
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2014, 03:47:19 am »
Ibe withdrawn several times thru cutting, and got off it once for like 4 months (my relapse was insomnia related due to a job schedule,  not w/d). The withdrawal during cuts were, and still are, minor compared to many on here. I have goid days and bad days, but even on my bad days i function well enough.

When i went off that time, i did have a month or two where i woke up nauseous many nights and couldn't sleep more than a few hours.....since it only happened during that time, I'm very tempted to blame benzos. However, it went away after 2 months id say, then i was fine.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.