Painful gut

[os...]

A week ago I started to feel pain just a fraction under the base of my rib cage in the very centre, the painful area is only small but it feels like I banged into a blunt object or was poked very hard in the upper gut with the end of a blunt object or something, almost as if I have been punched there pretty hard, it feels bruised and hurts when I yawn and cough.

This sounds a bit crazy because it could just be that I have pulled a muscle there, it feels like it, sort of like a muscle injury from doing crunches or something? Yet I have had it for a week now and my stomach is pretty bloated also, I am thinking it could all be related to muscle tightness that I had a couple of weeks back, my whole body felt like it had tensed up...

It could be a pulled muscle from lifting a heavy flaggan of water onto a table... I may have just strained my stomach.

God I sound like a right hypochondriac, for the first time I was tempted to Google, it's probably nothing but the pain has been there for awhile now... it feels like I slept on my stomach on a toy wooden brick.

:tickedoff:

No doubt I will live.

That sounds so so similar to what I've had the past few weeks! I've been trying to figure out what it is. Though, mine isn't always as bad, it seems to flare when I have adrenaline spikes. But it's in that exact area. And I thought it might be GERD, but I've taken Pantoloc 40 mg for a while now, and have had no relief. It seems more to be what you're saying, like it's a muscle that someone struck with a blunt object. Though it doesn't hurt when I breathe, it's more there consistently for a time, or it's not as apparent.

Feels like glass? That part of your gut is the epigastric area and many times when the stomach is upset or in peril this is where you will feel it. Not saying it could be something else, but when I cut, this flares up on fire and is unbearable! It does subside but it very painful and nothing helps. I've tried just messaging the area and also heat but I just have to ride it out.

I too have many GI pains, I always think its my kidneys, my colon my liver etc. I just hope that like everyone says that its the benzos!! My stomach seldom hurts though?

I was worried it might be a liver thing but today it has eased considerably, still a bit sore but no longer hurts if I cough or yawn, it was probably a strained gut muscle... or it could have just been discomfort due to being so bloated... My stomach is less ballooned out today and not so firm.