Please help

[Me...]

Most of the posts I have made have been about paranoia and self conciousness but today I really feel like I'm dying. My chest and throat are so sore and heavy feeling, it is so hard to breathe and it's really freaking me out. I have had asthma attacks before which are terrifying but it's nothing like that and my inhaler does nothing to help. This is the worst I have ever felt and it has gotten steadily worse all day  what should I do? Unbearable is getting close

You'll have to use your judgement here, Mercyclose. Chest pain/heaviness and shortness of breath can't be ignored.

My best guess it that's it simply withdrawal. Your taper looks very fast and you jumped at a higher than usual dose. It's natural to be having ill effects.

Try using things to calm yourself. Sometimes we freak ourselves out and especially when we feel this bad. I must have made 4 trips to the ER during my taper, convinced I was having a heart attack. It turned out to be nothing except withdrawal.

If you are frightened for your life, please seek help. Do try calming yourself first with some deep, slow breathing and distraction.

Let us know...

Flip

[ea...]

Your signature says you are taking Zopiclone for sleep. If that is correct you could be having interdose w/d from the Zopiclone as well as recovering from the Valium. Z drugs act on the same GABA receptors as benzos do.

I second what Flip says.