Panic and anxiety almost daily...does it go away after taper???

[Le...]

Hi all,

I am struggling with anxiety and panic attacks...

Does it get better once you are done with the taper???

I am trying my best to cope but it gets tough. I pray a lot and ask God for healing. I am 2 months till the end of my taper and I am really hoping that this will get better, it's my biggest symptom and can be debilitating at times.

Any feedback would be awesome!!!

This is a very common symptom of tapering down which I have myself. I have not finished my taper so I can't personally say but from what I've read and learned it is highly variable when the symptoms begin to subside. Often they improve before you finish the taper, as they have for me. Today my anxiety and panic attacks are much less than earlier in my taper. I am near the end and I too am curious what others have experienced once done.

Hi Kallor,

Thank you for the response. I don't have it all the time. I find it's the worst 4-5 days after a cut and then again 2 days before the next cut. I never battled panic attacks/severe anxiety before I had a seizure after I gave birth to my daughter.

I believe it is the benzo withdrawal and would be great to know it goes away once the benzo withdrawal is done.

Best of luck for the rest of your taper. Many say life is so much better once off these meds!!!

I get the anxiety/panic because of the withdrawal sensations so I truly believe it's due to the withdrawal. Never struggled with anything like this before.

The anxiety I experienced that was due to benzo wd has disappeared for me and I am into my 4th month post jump. It started waning ~1 week after my jump. Of course, being human, I will still have an anxious thought now and again, but nothing even remotely close to what I expereinced while on benzos. Zero runaway panic these days. If I feel myself getting panicky over a real situation, I can easily/quickly tell myself that my reaction is unwarranted and return to a better place of mind. CBT at work.

I hated the benzo-induced near constant panic/anxiety while tapering. All gone now. You just need to join us on the "other side" over here. We're waiting for you.

:smitten: :smitten:

Hi

Iam 20 months free.Pannic and anxiety were absolutely wd symptoms in my case..I tapered very fast and after it I had pannic and horrible anxiety.Now I dont feel any pannic . Anxiety is in constant but low level.I can manage it.I had to survive day after day after day ...

Good luck Buddy

flavio

Hello,

I am in the same situation without the panic. Constant anxiety, all day every day. I just started my taper and I feel like the end can't come soon enough! I definitely believe most of my anxiety is due to the benzos.