Does Withdrawal Get Worse The More Times You Go Through It?

[ca...]

Withdrawal seems to get harder and harder every time you do it, is that true? Does the suffering actually get worse than the last time on the same drug, same withdrawal dose, etc?

It does seem to get worse each time for some of us.  It certainly did in my case. There's a phenomena called "kindling" which may account for this.  But even so, we heal eventually.

Thank you both, yes I definitely have noticed it as well. I have heard about kindling but didn't look at it, here it is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kindling_(sedative-hypnotic_withdrawal)

Definitely inspiration to make this, indeed, the LAST taper.

I'm feeling 10 times worse than I did a few years ago going through withdrawal on the same drug. Even when I did it a few months ago. But I've had repeated withdrawals on this crap, over and over again for years, so God knows what I've done to my brain. Didn't know about kindling of course, just thought I had to get my tolerance down, over and over and over and over.... :'(

Yes, thanks Bets and Sophie. I'm a little worried because I've been in withdrawal probably hundreds of times, with this zopiclone crap, and benzos, if you include alcohol from when I was young, etc, it's a really scary picture. God I hope my brain isn't permanently screwed. I've got what amounts to dementia now, I walk around, not knowing why I got up, that's my constant state. I'm in my 40s.

This has to be the last time, I can't go through this again. Insomnia has to be preferable to this.