Can larger cuts be better in tolerance?

[dp...]

Ok, so... It's been 15 days since I made the cut from 15mg down 2.5%.... I'm just wondering... since it seems I'm in tolerance or paradoxical, would it ever be advantageous to make a larger cut, say 5-10%?

Has anyone had experience with this? It appears that the drug is making me sick no matter what and it may not change.

Looking back, when I made a 7.5 % cut about two months ago, it was tough, but by the end of 10 days things were feeling much better than they are now... BUT, I also reinstated, so there's probably kindling going on.

Anyways... any thoughts on this? I'm either going to wait to stabilize on this dose or keep going on. I don't know what to do really. I've always felt better after a cut since going paradoxical, and then w/d would hit a few days later.

Not sure what to do.

Thanks.

I wonder the same thing D. Since we are already in Tol WD, does it, will it matter? I think most will say yes it matters and to continue a taper plan. You mentioned up to 10 percent. Based on Ashtons advice that is OK. Lets see what others say.

Benzo Friends says its better to make a small cut and hold two weeks vs making a bigger cut and holding longer.

Bigger is not better in this case :laugh:

One thing I've learned is that if I ever DO make a 10% cut again, I'm going to hold it and wait the 2 weeks out.

I've made those cuts before, and the process of updosing and stabilizing has been far worse than the actual cut itself would have been and has made subsequent cuts more difficult.

Again, I think 10% is OK t do bud. Im so inaccurate with my hard cuts im probably bouncing around to much. Yes I would do as you say and just hold!

I think the same thing. I might try a 10%+ cut twice at .5 to get me down to 3 mg holding 2 weeks each time and than do smaller cuts after. If I make the first .5 cut and I die than I might rethink my plan. But I will not updose. I will ride it out until it passes.  :boxer:

I've thought the same as well. I've updosed recently back to 1 mg, and have received no relief. I'm in pretty bad tolerance so I really just want to get this over with. But with my latest cut to .75mg, I've been having really bad adrenaline spikes. So it's like, damned if you do, damned if you don't, it seems.

The average cut recommended on BB is 10% of the current dose. The is a "small" cut. Some members that are more sensitive or in really bad shape are going slower / smaller cuts.

In our case we varied the cuts between 7% to 13% - that depended of the way I could split the pills - doing dry cut from clonazepam.Usually after 7-8 days after a new cut, my husband gets a wave with insomnia and agitation/anxiety. This wave lasts for 2-3 days. The symptoms are much less intense compared to last year when he started the taper. The holds are usually 16 days. I would make it 14 days but this way is again better for my cutting pills calculations.

I don't feel any of the anxiety issues....yet...with cuts. I have all physical syx, which I guess could be my way of manifesting the anxiety bc it always has been, but they are relentless!!!!! The benzo pain and flu/ relentless nausea and gi syx keep me bedridden. Interesting bc I sometimes wish I had the anxiety or mental part instead and didn't have the physical shit, though I know both suck the life out of a person and either say is miserable!  :'(

I can only speak for myself, by comparison to anyone I've seen here my taper has been lightning quick. Followed ashton to the letter and have dropped once a week too, never two weeks. And the problems are abating finally. It was horrific and I'm sure it's not over but I am so much better. From 30 mg valium to 5 since December. Sure I was in tolerance and feel that I am not anymore. Still have Hand shaking and bad pain but the mental issues are dramatically improved. You gotta cut brother.  :)

Hi D,

If the big cut is too scary, have u considered doing .007% cuts per day which would be the same as 10% every 14 days?

Then, u could catch any bad symptoms before they get out of hand and do a good hold.

I don't know, this all sucks so bad.

I've taken a break from tapering Valium and made a cut to my thyroid med just for the time being, because I had to split a pill in half to get 45mg each day... and that was hardly accurate (some days I was getting 40 others 50), so now at least my Armour Thyroid is the same... 30mg every day.

So now that that is that, I will decide on what to do now.

I'm most likely going to do the micro cutting to 10% every 14 days or w/e... either way, I feel constantly sick, tired, brain foggy, nauseated, depressed, to anxious speak, and hopeless. This sucks.

Having leaky gut and candida doesn't help... and I'm eating as healthy as I can...

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/PublicJournals.html?Owner=ray34iyf

...taking a good probiotic and L-glutamine for the leaky gut... eating as healthy vegan as I can... appetite is all over the place and so is blood sugar.... my blood sugar was good in the 120 after meal to 90-100 before I cut the thyroid from 45mg to 30mg, so hopefully that settles.

This all blows.... at least I'm holding steady and gaining weight, even if I feel weak as can be.

Ray - my thought process was that I would rather have more intense pain for a shorter time, than still feel shitty for a year or 3. I fell kind of in the middle with a 9 month taper and I am very glad I am off that crap and healing well. I was in tolerance withdrawal and REALLY tired of feeling shitty. I think we pay either way we taper, slow or fast. Don't overthink it. Just get off it as fast as you can safely do it ! Good healing !

I don't know, this all sucks so bad.

I've taken a break from tapering Valium and made a cut to my thyroid med just for the time being, because I had to split a pill in half to get 45mg each day... and that was hardly accurate (some days I was getting 40 others 50), so now at least my Armour Thyroid is the same... 30mg every day.

So now that that is that, I will decide on what to do now.

I'm most likely going to do the micro cutting to 10% every 14 days or w/e... either way, I feel constantly sick, tired, brain foggy, nauseated, depressed, to anxious speak, and hopeless. This sucks.

Having leaky gut and candida doesn't help... and I'm eating as healthy as I can...

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/PublicJournals.html?Owner=ray34iyf

...taking a good probiotic and L-glutamine for the leaky gut... eating as healthy vegan as I can... appetite is all over the place and so is blood sugar.... my blood sugar was good in the 120 after meal to 90-100 before I cut the thyroid from 45mg to 30mg, so hopefully that settles.

This all blows.... at least I'm holding steady and gaining weight, even if I feel weak as can be.

Do you have your 25 hydroxy D (vitamin D) levels in the optimum range of 60-80ng/mL?

Sorry you are going through such a hard time, it sucks I know. I have been following your progress for a few months now. Seems you have been stuck on this stuff for awhile. So if you are in tolerance shouldn't you keep moving? If you feel like you have paradoxical effects to the V this would just be your best option in my opinion. If you put your taper on hold to me that seems like you will get worse if you are in tolerance. I know in the past others have recommended to you to keep moving. I am on a daily taper and small cuts are working really well for me. Maybe get a plan together and go with it.. How long do you want to be on this poison? Like Ashton says we don't heal till we are off. My two cents...  :thumbsup:

Hey guys,

I'm just afraid of the repurcussions of cutting right now... I keep hoping the red rosey pastures are around the corner, and I've waited for months for this.

My fear is that if I cut too much I will then be disabled and have to quit work and school... although every day I go on right now is a living hell... of depression and crap.

This seems like it did with my Lexapro years back... I felt like crap and went back and forth waiting to stabilize and then finally got off of the forums and just tapered in a month or two and everything went well.... too bad I fell back on the train here.

Hey Mrtmeo, I really doubt it.. I am pale as a ghost as it's been winter here and I really haven't been outside much... so they are probably pretty low.

Hey Mrtmeo, I really doubt it.. I am pale as a ghost as it's been winter here and I really haven't been outside much... so they are probably pretty low.

Depending on how far from the equator you are, you might only be able to get vitamin D from the sun during the summer months.

I'm making a 10% cut today. I know what to expect... I'm not going to be stuck on this shit anymore.

Good luck with your cut.

Well, actually I'm going to get rid of the rest of the Armour thyroid I'm on first... 30mg is nothing from what I've heard, and the last tests I had showed a perfectly fine thyroid... so may as well get that drug out of my system first, and then I'll cut into the Valium.

I ended up doing that too. I am tapering off the tramadol first. Circumstances lead me down that path and I m gonna finish it. I did make a double cut of tram and X on Sat and it is still kicking my ass. Intense pain and nausea!!! Still bedridden. Won't be doing that again!! Good luck to you!  :thumbsup:

Nosery,

Healing does occur while tapering and Bart is a testimony of this.

Yes it does. I meant to say complete healing does not happen till we are off the poison. We do heal while we taper.

Nosery,

Healing does occur while tapering and Bart is a testimony of this.

Yes it does. I meant to say complete healing does not happen till we are off the poison. We do heal while we taper.

Hi noser,

Yes, that is definitely, true.

Well, making the 10% cut today... I think I've stabilized from the 15mg cut of Armour... but I am no longer going to be a slave to this stuff.. I know what to expect....

... it's just fear of what I have to lose... so, well I may lose friends, grades, w/e during this... but I'm not living this half life any more...