Author Topic: Can larger cuts be better in tolerance?  (Read 1234 times)

[Buddie]

Can larger cuts be better in tolerance?
« on: April 16, 2014, 01:44:15 am »
Ok, so... It's been 15 days since I made the cut from 15mg down 2.5%.... I'm just wondering... since it seems I'm in tolerance or paradoxical, would it ever be advantageous to make a larger cut, say 5-10%?

Has anyone had experience with this? It appears that the drug is making me sick no matter what and it may not change.

Looking back, when I made a 7.5 % cut about two months ago, it was tough, but by the end of 10 days things were feeling much better than they are now... BUT, I also reinstated, so there's probably kindling going on.

Anyways... any thoughts on this? I'm either going to wait to stabilize on this dose or keep going on. I don't know what to do really. I've always felt better after a cut since going paradoxical, and then w/d would hit a few days later.

Not sure what to do.

Thanks.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Can larger cuts be better in tolerance?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 02:29:33 am »
I wonder the same thing D. Since we are already in Tol WD, does it, will it matter? I think most will say yes it matters and to continue a taper plan. You mentioned up to 10 percent. Based on Ashtons advice that is OK. Lets see what others say.

Benzo Friends says its better to make a small cut and hold two weeks vs making a bigger cut and holding longer.
Bigger is not better in this case :laugh:
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 03:44:50 pm »
One thing I've learned is that if I ever DO make a 10% cut again, I'm going to hold it and wait the 2 weeks out.

I've made those cuts before, and the process of updosing and stabilizing has been far worse than the actual cut itself would have been and has made subsequent cuts more difficult.

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 07:52:11 pm »
Again, I think 10% is OK t do bud. Im so inaccurate with my hard cuts im probably bouncing around to much. Yes I would do as you say and just hold!

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 09:20:10 pm »
I think the same thing. I might try a 10%+ cut twice at .5 to get me down to 3 mg holding 2 weeks each time and than do smaller cuts after. If I make the first .5 cut and I die than I might rethink my plan. But I will not updose. I will ride it out until it passes.  :boxer:

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 06:42:39 am »
I've thought the same as well. I've updosed recently back to 1 mg, and have received no relief. I'm in pretty bad tolerance so I really just want to get this over with. But with my latest cut to .75mg, I've been having really bad adrenaline spikes. So it's like, damned if you do, damned if you don't, it seems.

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2014, 02:25:52 pm »
The average cut recommended on BB is 10% of the current dose. The is a "small" cut. Some members that are more sensitive or in really bad shape are going slower / smaller cuts.

In our case we varied the cuts between 7% to 13% - that depended of the way I could split the pills - doing dry cut from clonazepam.Usually after 7-8 days after a new cut, my husband gets a wave with insomnia and agitation/anxiety. This wave lasts for 2-3 days. The symptoms are much less intense compared to last year when he started the taper. The holds are usually 16 days. I would make it 14 days but this way is again better for my cutting pills calculations.

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2014, 05:49:57 pm »
I don't feel any of the anxiety issues....yet...with cuts. I have all physical syx, which I guess could be my way of manifesting the anxiety bc it always has been, but they are relentless!!!!! The benzo pain and flu/ relentless nausea and gi syx keep me bedridden. Interesting bc I sometimes wish I had the anxiety or mental part instead and didn't have the physical shit, though I know both suck the life out of a person and either say is miserable!  :'(

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2014, 02:22:18 am »
I can only speak for myself, by comparison to anyone I've seen here my taper has been lightning quick. Followed ashton to the letter and have dropped once a week too, never two weeks. And the problems are abating finally. It was horrific and I'm sure it's not over but I am so much better. From 30 mg valium to 5 since December. Sure I was in tolerance and feel that I am not anymore. Still have Hand shaking and bad pain but the mental issues are dramatically improved. You gotta cut brother.  :)

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2014, 02:40:51 am »
Hi D,
If the big cut is too scary, have u considered doing .007% cuts per day which would be the same as 10% every 14 days?
Then, u could catch any bad symptoms before they get out of hand and do a good hold.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 02:46:17 am by [Buddie] »