Author Topic: Do you take your Benzo WITH or WITHOUT food?  (Read 339 times)

[Buddie]

Do you take your Benzo WITH or WITHOUT food?
« on: April 15, 2014, 08:43:47 pm »
I'm having difficulty finding literature on this - does anyone know if the potency of benzo's is affected by food/digestion?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Do you take your Benzo WITH or WITHOUT food?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 09:05:48 pm »

Take without food.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 09:25:37 pm »
How long after you eat?

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 09:44:02 pm »
If you are trying to get the most out of a small dose go ahead and chew it on an empty stomach...food slows absorption.

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 02:14:03 am »
I don't think it matters. Food slows the absorption so if you for example have a short acting benzo and want it to be spread out a bit like me at bedtime, want it to last all night, I take it with food. If you are having an anxiety attack and want quick relief as once in a while I will take it a little early for that reason, then either empty stomach or I even apply it under the tongue.

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 02:07:02 am »
I take mine at least 2 hours after eating.