Woke up with my heart pounding

[So...]

This has happened to me two or three times now. I woke up from a dream last night (my dreams are pretty intense) and my heart was pounding. I get these bad palpitations--I figured it out this morning what it is that I'm feeling. It's like the second half of the beat is really strong. Instead of the typical "lub-dub", it's "DUB, DUB, DUB". Later I woke again with bad physical anxiety symptoms--kinda shaky like I'm having an adrenalin rush.

This majorly sucks! Is this what I have to deal with until I'm finally off if this stuff??

I do not want to freak you out but I got mine while on the meds and they got worse after the meds, BUT I am not getting them like I did!! Ask you dr about a beta blocker if they get really bad. I get them BUT nothing like tolerance withdrawl. Along with them my Blood pressure would shoot up! I am five monthe off so it does get better!!! I took atenolol AS NEEDED I do not take them any more. HANG in there!

Happy me

Hi Songmom, I also am having problems also with the heart palpitations, I have them all day long. I usually don't feel them except when I wake up from sleeping. I went to the ER a couple of weeks ago and they did an EKG, the doctor told me I had PVC's. That is the medical term. I have noticed that the people who have mentioned them on the site have all been on Klonopin. One night when I had a real bad one I up dosed, and guess what? They calmed right down and went away, so I figured the cut in my dose along with being in tolerance withdraw is causing them. I am going to call my doctor just to be on the safe side through.

Hope this helps you a little.

Jaddy

I had this for a few months.  I would wake up at 3am with my heart pounding.    I'd have to sit on the edge of my bed and psych myself up to get to the bathroom.  I usually could not go back to sleep.

It scared me so bad I kept taking my pulse...the more I took my pulse, the faster it went.  I went to the ER three times...three EKGs later they diagnosed me with anxiety.:P

I was SURE I was going to die.  I sat on my couch for three weeks waiting for it.  I would only get up to go pee or to bed.  When I didn't die, I went to our local pond and walked a mile on the trail.  I felt better.  The next day I walked/jogged for a mile and didn't die.  I basically got bored with waiting to die and started running.  This was a shocker because I was sure I would never run again.

I've worked myself back into semi-shape.  Today I ran 3 miles.  It helps modestly with depression and anxiety.  My recovery heart rate is back where it should be and I am not feeling as agitated.

Was it just time for the agitation to abate for me, or did the exercise help?

My advice is try not to focus on it.  Try not to be a compulsive pulse checker etc...it will only make it

go faster.  My resting heart rate, 4 hours after I ran today is 60 BPM because I got bored with checking it.  Two months ago it was consistently in the high 80s at rest.  The only good thing about that was I could eat as much of whatever I wanted, I was having to stuff myself to keep my weight from dropping more.  Sorry for the book.

That was hilarious to read! Waiting to die! Lmao sorry I am silly today but I know when we can think strait we will look back and giggle! I'm glad ur doing better!!!

Hey there.  Just started happening to me too.  I don't know if its the lack of benzos or in my case, sleep apnea. It happens about an hour after I'm asleep, about 3AM.  It's happened three times so far and takes awhile to come back down.  I hope you feel better soon!