Just thinking

[je...]

Hi all, my legs and arms have ached away today. It just blows my mind that such a small amount of something can cause you so much misery. And to think nobody warns you of any of this, it is mind boggling! I just dont get it!

Right there with you my friend. I sprayed icyhot all over my Iegs earlier. Helped for a while. But ya, the pain is intense and unreal. People SHOULD know if they take a benzo all the risks including all the wd issues. Especially the wd issues!! Sometimes I try and think is there a way to get this message out to the masses. Just that these meds need more one on one education and awareness and people are completely saturated in info of what may lay ahead. Actually, I am guessing these meds will be ripped from the market for any long term use except for being given it in the med environment as a one or two time thing.

That is the bad part. People are uneducated at the fault of their own doctors. And more sad, the drug companies could care less. All about that all mighty dollar! Grrrrrrr  >:(

That is the bad part. People are uneducated at the fault of their own doctors. And more sad, the drug companies could care less. All about that all mighty dollar! Grrrrrrr  >:(

Yep that seems to be the most common story.  I look back at the drugs I've been prescribed by my doctors and remember them telling me things like "there are some minor side effects", but failed to point out that one of those effects was that I'd completely die inside and not feel like myself, and become more like a zombie.

I'm convinced the drug companies know what they're doing and could make drugs that don't have these effects and addiction profiles, and it bloody annoys me that drugs we KNOW can heal people without side effects are made illegal and labeled as harmful, when they're clearly better than what's on offer legally.

Sucks doesn't it?

B :)

Yep that seems to be the most common story.  I look back at the drugs I've been prescribed by my doctors and remember them telling me things like "there are some minor side effects", but failed to point out that one of those effects was that I'd completely die inside and not feel like myself, and become more like a zombie.

You were "lucky". I don't remember any doctor warning me of side affects. Well, I remember one telling me "the benefits outweigh any possible side affects"...right. Well, they never did.

Guitarman, I can't wait until you jump! Look how far you've come! Totally rooting for you! And ya, I never got anything like this could happen when taken regularly. It is NOT RIGHT!!!!

Can you say conspiracy? Too dramatic? I don't think so!!!!  :tickedoff:

Well, I don't know about anyone else but I don't know what else we can call it!

You were "lucky". I don't remember any doctor warning me of side affects. Well, I remember one telling me "the benefits outweigh any possible side affects"...right. Well, they never did.

Oh yes, I've heard that one, too.  Bunch of crap that was as well!

Guitarman, I can't wait until you jump! Look how far you've come! Totally rooting for you! And ya, I never got anything like this could happen when taken regularly. It is NOT RIGHT!!!!

Thanks Grinch! Fingers crossed I should be jumping within the next 2 weeks. So, we'll see how it goes.  ;D

Thanks Grinch! Fingers crossed I should be jumping within the next 2 weeks. So, we'll see how it goes.  ;D

We'll all be here for you when you do, GM.  From one guitarist to another.

Completely agree Jennlynn. I'm amazed when I think back to how cavalier my Doctor was about giving me Benzo's and even increasing dosages. More surprising still is how my relatively small dose created so many problems for me. People NEED to know the risks so that they can make informed choices. I truly don't feel I was adequately informed at all.

Completely agree Jennlynn. I'm amazed when I think back to how cavalier my Doctor was about giving me Benzo's and even increasing dosages. More surprising still is how my relatively small dose created so many problems for me. People NEED to know the risks so that they can make informed choices. I truly don't feel I was adequately informed at all.

My old pdoc said klonopin  was NOT an addictive drug. I remember her saying, "klonopin is nothing at all like the xanax I gave you. It is not addictive so don't worry about it." I believed her. Liar! So she put me on 10 mg of K and said I was doing just fine. Yea, right. So here I am. I had to google it one day as I had some time on my hands and was appalled that I was on such a large dose of a "NON' addictive drug. She should lose her license. I bet there are at least another dozen of her patients out there gladly taking  the 10 mg and don't have a clue as to what is wrong with them. Betsy

We'll all be here for you when you do, GM.  From one guitarist to another.

Thanks so much Benzoid! BB has been of so much help for me, I can't be thankful enough.  :smitten: