ate instant noodles with msg last night and anxious this morning

[Si...]

hi buddies.. i ate a little too much of an instant yakisoba noodle last night and this morning im paying for it. how long will the effects last? what can i do to alleviate it? i am doing a daily micro taper with Valium. do i have to make a temporary updose a little bit? thanks all in advance..

SF

I personally wouldn't do an updose just yet. Usually that's a last resort if things aren't settling on their own. See how you feel after a day or two. Maybe just doing a hold is all you need to do if you're feeling some ill effects.

thanks for the reply Diaz-Pam. have you experienced this too? i was kinda depressed last night so i gave in to the instant yakisoba noodle which was my comfort food before i was on benzos..

Oh all sorts of things have effected my taper - mostly me being impatient, and also fiddling about with supplements that have then had a negative effect on me. I don't seem to be affected by things like MSG though - go figure.

Sometimes it's good to just do something you want to do, even if it does bite you back as well. You still have to feel like you're living a semi-normal life. I bet the noodles tasted good ..lol...  Just hold on for a day or two. Things might right themselves quicker than you think.

I have been avoiding MSG as well as Gluten. I dont feel any better really though and I miss alot of the foods but want to keep trying to avoid them. Try to keep away from that MSG if you can, its a bad one.  :o

thanks again guys i really appreciate it.. im a little jittery and a little restless. im thinking about taking some propranolol, and/or kalms. will they help? kalms has hops, valerian and gentian as ingredients. i have a cal+mag+zinc+d3 supplement and turmeric too. i dont know which might help. any other supplements that may help? thanks all..

SF

Well the propananol will lower your blood pressure, if that sounds like its the problem maybe it would help. I avoid it cuz it slows my circulation down so much and i get real cold.

I use a blood pressure lowering med (clonidine) if I get too jittery or anxious. I'd use that before I'd updose. The effects of the MSG shouldn't last that long. I'd try the propranolol alone first, without the herbs. Some herbs can backfire and cause anxiety in people who do benzos too.

thanks again guys for the replies. i tried propranolol 10mg on the 1st day i felt the effects of msg and it seemed to help. this is the 3rd morning and i am still feeling it. how long does this msg effect usually last. i have read some say its just 1-2 days. i really hope this 3rd day would be the last. i still feel jittery and i am now back to more doses on the earlier part of the day. prior to the msg incident i was already able to distribute my dose evenly every 8 hours.

yeah its the 3rd morning now since the night i ate the noodles. i am still feeling it. how long do you guys think this will last?

The MSG kicked it and then probably your own anxiety keeps it going. Try not to stress yourself up more as it only ramp sxs up. The MSG after a day shouldn't be affecting you, so just try and relax yourself, you'll be good, it was just a blip. And no more MSG for the time being... ;)

Are you sure it's the MSG? Maybe it's a co-incidence. I've been certain that a particular thing caused a certain symptom, only to realise, with hindsight, that it probably didn't. Perhaps you might feel a little calmer if you do a very small dose correction. It won't hurt and might make you feel a bit more settled.

thanks again guys. could it be the small amount of amoxicillin i put on top of my wound? i posted about it here: http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=105582.0

Could it also be some possible irritant i have inhaled when there was some construction in our house recently? things like paint, thinners, saw dust, cement, dirt, etc?

Diaz-Pam if things dont improve i will slowly updose back up until i fell okay then resume daily micro taper again. Im positive it was the msg as i ate 3 packs of that instant noodle. the amoxicillin could have contributed but i think its unlikely because i only have applied about 1/4 to 1/3 of a 500mg capsule total in a few days.

yes guitarman my anxiety over it also adds to it. i will be very careful of what i eat now..

SF