Author Topic: ate instant noodles with msg last night and anxious this morning  (Read 688 times)

[Buddie]

hi buddies.. i ate a little too much of an instant yakisoba noodle last night and this morning im paying for it. how long will the effects last? what can i do to alleviate it? i am doing a daily micro taper with Valium. do i have to make a temporary updose a little bit? thanks all in advance..

[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: ate instant noodles with msg last night and anxious this morning
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 12:30:44 am »
I personally wouldn't do an updose just yet. Usually that's a last resort if things aren't settling on their own. See how you feel after a day or two. Maybe just doing a hold is all you need to do if you're feeling some ill effects.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 12:34:15 am »
thanks for the reply [...]. have you experienced this too? i was kinda depressed last night so i gave in to the instant yakisoba noodle which was my comfort food before i was on benzos..

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 12:47:38 am »
Oh all sorts of things have effected my taper - mostly me being impatient, and also fiddling about with supplements that have then had a negative effect on me. I don't seem to be affected by things like MSG though - go figure.

Sometimes it's good to just do something you want to do, even if it does bite you back as well. You still have to feel like you're living a semi-normal life. I bet the noodles tasted good ..lol...  Just hold on for a day or two. Things might right themselves quicker than you think.

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 04:40:43 am »
I have been avoiding MSG as well as Gluten. I dont feel any better really though and I miss alot of the foods but want to keep trying to avoid them. Try to keep away from that MSG if you can, its a bad one.  :o

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 05:16:23 am »
thanks again guys i really appreciate it.. im a little jittery and a little restless. im thinking about taking some propranolol, and/or kalms. will they help? kalms has hops, valerian and gentian as ingredients. i have a cal+mag+zinc+d3 supplement and turmeric too. i dont know which might help. any other supplements that may help? thanks all..

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 11:28:53 pm »
Well the propananol will lower your blood pressure, if that sounds like its the problem maybe it would help. I avoid it cuz it slows my circulation down so much and i get real cold.

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2014, 04:28:00 pm »
I use a blood pressure lowering med (clonidine) if I get too jittery or anxious. I'd use that before I'd updose. The effects of the MSG shouldn't last that long. I'd try the propranolol alone first, without the herbs. Some herbs can backfire and cause anxiety in people who do benzos too.

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2014, 10:42:08 pm »
thanks again guys for the replies. i tried propranolol 10mg on the 1st day i felt the effects of msg and it seemed to help. this is the 3rd morning and i am still feeling it. how long does this msg effect usually last. i have read some say its just 1-2 days. i really hope this 3rd day would be the last. i still feel jittery and i am now back to more doses on the earlier part of the day. prior to the msg incident i was already able to distribute my dose evenly every 8 hours.

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2014, 11:15:48 pm »
I ate some of those Ramen noodles while in tolerance w/d and they're really bad too.