Down to 1.25mg Diazepam from 60mg (9 years of benzos, no abuse)

[mi...]

Hey Everyone!

I saw a doctor last many months ago, when I was several months into my taper. I had enough 5mg pills etc to taper without needing to see her anymore, hence why I'm at 1.25 versus say, 1mg.

I'm finding the last part of the taper so difficult. I have these moments where everything seems fine - but lately this is a typical day:

Morning. Wake up. Feel fine (even though I'm taking it in the morning, not night).

Afternoon. Heart starts racing. Sensitive to anything at all. Pure anxiety. Panic attack!

Luckily I work from home programming. Still though, I hate even seeing my neighbors if I walk outside. I'd much rather go to the gym (pure panic regardless, after a great pump/workout I feel better slightly), and then stay inside in the dark in my bedroom to be honest.

So I guess here are my two questions:

1. I noticed on the taper schedule that the lowest amount was 1mg then jump. I'm one week into this 1.25mg, do I need to cut this little quarter into .75? Or will it not even make a difference: just jump?

2. Has anyone take really large dosages like you for a long time and then tapered? Thoughts?

Thanks everyone, and continue being awesome!

Wow - you've done so well getting all the way down from 60mg!! Congratulations !!

I would personally taper down a bit lower before jumping. What's the hurry? I was only on 5mg at the start, but I have done really well with a daily taper. As you can see from my signature, I'm tapering right down to zero before I stop, but everyone has to make their own decision about what is right for them.

Hey Diaz Pam, it looks you're doing good. I'm happy for you.

Microjesus, you've done really well coming down all that way. As the comment above says I also think you could benefit from slowing down a little bit at this stage. You mention you've got 5mg tablets, it would be good if you could get 2mg ones so you can make much smaller cuts with more precision. I've been using these all he way down from 4mg. I think you can get to 1mg from where you are now after holding for a bit until you find yuor sxs are more manageable. Then I would suggest a slower taper of say no more than .25 every 2 weeks and even that might be a bit much. It all depends on your sxs, you might breeze through it or struggle a little. So if the latter is the case go slow and you'll win with not much trouble.

You can cut and hold as I said or make smaller cuts in between doses of say 1 to .75 by using a scale if you cut tablets. I've done it this way, others use liquid dilution.

Anyway, there's plenty of good help about these methods here on BB.

Good luck