Author Topic: Any musicians out there feeling the effects?  (Read 1517 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Any musicians out there feeling the effects?
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2014, 03:16:04 pm »
Welcome to BB's Raymond. I am a drummer also and my balance and coordination got trashed from withdrawal. Between that and the loss of desire to even play, it really put a hurt on my time on my kits. I am just now starting to play half decent again !

Good healing ! 
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2014, 03:41:38 pm »
Thank you for letting me know about your drumming experiences, it is very reassuring. Glad you're playing decent again. I see from your signature that you were on clonazepam (Klonopin) for many years and came off within a year, congratulations. I think I need to start looking at coming off of this stuff faster that I've been doing in the past. Wondering if I'm not getting more tolerance that w/d or maybe both if that's possible, like a double whammy.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2014, 03:45:51 pm »
Many composers wrote the most beautiful and compelling music when their lives were falling apart and bleak.  I have to speak from a classical standpoint because that is my primary emphasis in [...].  Beethoven for example wrote some amazing works when he was deaf. Mahler lost so many children and much of his music reflects his sorrow.

However, these people were not in benzo withdrawal. I think it would be near impossible to create anything when the brain is under so much stress and strain. I could not connect emotionally with music for such a long time, it was a huge loss for me.  When the emotions came back, they came like a flood and a welcome flood. Give it time and you will feel the joy of music again.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2014, 04:24:18 pm »
Give it time and you will feel the joy of music again.

Thank you! I come from a heavy metal background, those roots have been with me forever, even into my 'old age'. Over the past year, I've come up with some of the catchiest hook lines I've ever come up with, very dark indeed (almost Metallica-like) but nevertheless, it keeps me going. I guess each person's different. I totally agree that many composers wrote the most beautiful and compelling music when their lives were falling apart. My life feels like it's falling apart half the time right now, music is the only outlet I really have.