my pdoc lied to me really mad:(

[li...]

tapering off of lorazepam, asked my pdoc to help me c/o to valium so I could do the ashton method taper and he told me that he does not prescribe valium and wouldn't do it.... tonight I just met another patient of his who told me that he is being prescribed valium and Xanax.... I am ripping mad he lied to me  :tickedoff:

The worst part of it is I don't know whether to confront him, for now I am dependent on him filling my script and am afraid that he could cut me off,,,, God I hate this!!!

I would VERY politely and respectfully point out that you are aware that other patients are on Valium, and then ask again.  If he says no, then I would just drop it and keep getting a prescription for your benzo so you don't get cut off.  You may need to taper directly from the benzo you are currently on.  Whatever you do do not be confrontational with this person - it rarely pays.

Lol..... thank you new moon I truly appreciate your perspective I don't get mad very often but this one got to me..... good thing I'm not seeing him for a few weeks gives me time to cool down  :smitten:

I had a NP tell me they can't rx benzos and so she "fired" me and sent me onto a pdoc. I asked a few friends of mine who are NP if that is true and they said no, they can rx benzos. The games of providers  :-\. Ggrr.

I agree grrr  :laugh: What I still don't understand is why valium has so much more of a bad rap, 'cause it's been around longer? Very frustrating, seems to me as if the new fangled ones are way worse!!! He said he could move me over to K, like that would be better.... they also wanted to double my dose a ways back I'm so glad I didn't go for it,,

I feel bad for my friend on valium and X, what's up with that two benzos?? One is long acting and one is for panic attacks? Will be talking to him more, told him I'm trying to get off them and it was really hard but didn't want to unload don't know him well enough yet

Its just not right that they put you on a med and then don't educate themselves about helping you get off.... are they more supportive of the ashton manual in the UK?  I'm sooooooo frustrated  :tickedoff: