Antibiotics ahhhh

[Ma...]

I have an infection in a root canal, and I'm sure I'm going to be prescribed antibiotics.

Which ones are ok for us?

Thanks guys

m

The fluoroquinolones (spelling???) apparently are not okay with many buddies. Having said that I have had them without any problem, however others have felt quite ill taking them.

We'll you know that everyone is different, and my poison might be your saving grace.

I have noticed some general trends though. Amoxycillin or augmentin seems to be bad for more than a few people.

Keflex (other spellings Cefalex?) doesn't seem to have been so harsh. Bactrim somewhere in the middle.

And fluoroquinolone family NO GO

Viking x

Thanks, the term broad spectrum antibiotics (not that I know what that means, I need to google) comes to mind as being B A D.

Am I right?

m

I'm not familiar with that one Marina.  The google auto-correct changed the spelling to an anti-bacterial cream when I tried to check the med out.

Thanks, the term broad spectrum antibiotics (not that I know what that means, I need to google) comes to mind as being B A D.

Am I right?

m

No, I don' think so Marina. Broad spectrum means they're useful in treating both gram positive and gram negative bacteria.

I hope you're feeling better soon.

Chinook :)

Thank you, nice of you to explain it time, or try as it's still not clear as to what gram negative or positive means. That's ok :). I'm fine with the antibiotic, which is great, from experience I can tell this is some kind of abscess. I just hope it works. Thanks everyone for your input.

m

Clindamycin. I was on it for 2 weeks after a botched tooth extraction a month ago. Not a problem at all in regards to w/d. Hope you are feeling better.

No problems with the Clindomycin. Just had a nap, have to go to work, so yeah, feelin' alright.

Thanks so much guys!!

xm