Traveling, can't plan or do a trip now...that's normal?

[ro...]

Is it benzo w/ds or the agoraphopia/ Or I'm just phobic/ I can't go see my sis in Calif. She says I need to get away to feel better. I haven't traveled by plane in 10 yrs. Sad to say. I can't even go on a four hr. trip  here in Misssouri to visit my brother, or a one hr. drive to visit my grandson..Is this normal with benzo use? My family doesn't think so, and even my husband is annoyed that I won't go far from home. I drive, but only to familiar places..weird. I'm missing so much of life. Gets me down. Im Sooooo hoping this condition/symptom changes. Anyone else that had this and finally found the will/confidence to go?

Agoraphobia runs rampant in withdrawal.  I believe it's your sensitive CNS telling you to take it easy.  Stress revs things up, even if it's something you want to do.

I would wait to take a plane trip.  Wait at least until you're stable on the Valium crossover.  You may at that time feel well enough to tackle a trip, but once you begin tapering again I would hunker down at home for the duration if it were me.

Chal  :smitten:

Challis, Did it feel like this to you too?  I know you are doing so much now as you say, the house and family. Did you feel like me , that I barely do what HAS to be done, and feel like life is passing by? Im in mostly, on the couch or chair to bed and a little here and there, but I'm afraid I will be this way a long time.. sigh :(

Hi Rose,

I did very little when at the roughest times.  My "trips" were just rides my husband would take me on to get me out of the house.  Your sis just doesn't understand about over stimulation, agoraphobia and other symptoms related to withdrawal. People can't unless they have been through this process.

Your body and mind will tell you when it's OK to take on bigger trips and get togethers.  Then it will be hard to keep you home!!

PG  :smitten:

Hi,

I haven't traveled since I went off paxil c/t and now I'm tapering valium. I figure I'll travel

again in a couple or few years after I've improved a lot.

Probiotics and ashwagandha have helped my agoraphobia, by the way.

xoxo Iggy  :smitten:

Challis, Did it feel like this to you too?  I know you are doing so much now as you say, the house and family. Did you feel like me , that I barely do what HAS to be done, and feel like life is passing by? Im in mostly, on the couch or chair to bed and a little here and there, but I'm afraid I will be this way a long time.. sigh :(

Certainly did.  I only left the house when I had to.  Fluorescent lights in stores made me tremble and flinch, people made me nervous (I thought they were all looking at me like I had a flashing

[glow=red,2,300]stay clear  ~  in withdrawal  ~  stay clear [/glow]

on my head.

I was couch -----> bed ------> couch -------> bed -------> couch (repeat for months) with sometimes a side jaunt to the bathroom for a shower.  I went barefoot, wore sweats, had a frizzy ball of snarled hair at the back of my head from laying down, etc….

We went on one trip during w/d… to an amazing and incredible oceanfront beach house for a few days… I never left once we got there, but spent the entire time curled on a couch listening to the waves break all around me day and night…so very soothing…I actually slept and felt a tiny bit of peace. 

Before I figured out my syx were from the xanax and not simply fibromyalgia,  but my syx were exactly syx of benzo wd. I ventured out with a group of friends to Mexico. Thought I d feel like myself away and the warmth would help my pain and syx. All that happened was the syx followed me there and it was not a pleasant time. I was miserable bc I wasn't feeling better and all the plane delays and layovers nowadays only made things worse. But I don't have the agoraphobia or terrible anxiety, dp/dr like some, all mine are physical. But I still felt like total shit. Now I know why, I was taking the xanax waxing and waining on the dose as rxd by my pdoc and so was in a constant state of wd. Awesome. Moral of the story.....wait.  :thumbsup: