cog fog

[sh...]

Hi:

I was wondering if the cog fog improves.  I am having self-destructive urges thinking about the damage done to me and I am having a really hard time with the deterioration of my mental faculties. I go to a church that ministers at a group home for older castaways from the mental health system.  These folks are at the end of the line and are truly in end stage madness due to years of psychiatric drugging. I feel like I am headed for the same outcome.  I have lost everything and I don't want to end up in a place like that.  It is horrific what psych drugs do to us.  I have been a year and a half tapering klonopin.  I am down to a low dose, but I feel self destructive urges from all of the symptoms.  I know that it is supposed to get better, but I can't seem to hold on to hope.  I feel physically ill and I am severely isolated from the world.  It feels like death warmed over.  What are the chances I make out of this?  It just seems that it all gets worse with very little progress. When things just get worse and worse for someone, it just seems that everyone shuns you and it makes life unbearably lonely.  I sometimes wish I would die.  It never seems to get better.  I need to hold in my taper because I have been having a really bad time. My blood pressure is very high and I am in tolerance withdrawal to the max.

Klonopin is a monstrous destroyer of lives.  People lose everything and everyone, a story repeated over and over and over.  I talked to the warm line last night and the guy kept telling me to go in for detox.  I couldn't seem to make him understand that detox would be the worst thing. I hear that in detox they rip you off the drugs and discharge you in very unsafe condition.  He was trying to make me see a doctor.  I can't trust a doctor.  All I want is to stay in bed all day.  My motivation is absolute zero.  I can't do anything academically.  Everything I try to read or study is futile due to the cog fog.  I have such a long way to go.  I hope I make it.  I don't even feel like posting here because I am a drag on everyone.  Can anyone help me or is it too late.

Kendall

Kendall:

I am still in my taper so I don't know how much I can help you. There have been no studies that indicate benzo use causes permanent damage to your brain. I had been on a ton of K for a decade <<10 mg>>, and am now down to 3.57 mg. with a partial C/O to valium. I have found that each time I make a drop, my cog fog gets better. I have read here some place that cog fog is the last symptom to go. I don't know if that's true or not. But I do know that when I lower my dose, my cog fog gets so much better. I don't see any reason why the same thing won't happen to you. Those elderly people you see probably have some serious mental conditions, which makes them look and act like a frazzled zombie. I'm sure the meds they are on make them seem even worse. Betsy

Hi:

I was wondering if the cog fog improves.  I am having self-destructive urges thinking about the damage done to me and I am having a really hard time with the deterioration of my mental faculties. I go to a church that ministers at a group home for older castaways from the mental health system.  These folks are at the end of the line and are truly in end stage madness due to years of psychiatric drugging. I feel like I am headed for the same outcome.  I have lost everything and I don't want to end up in a place like that.  It is horrific what psych drugs do to us.  I have been a year and a half tapering klonopin.  I am down to a low dose, but I feel self destructive urges from all of the symptoms.  I know that it is supposed to get better, but I can't seem to hold on to hope.  I feel physically ill and I am severely isolated from the world.  It feels like death warmed over.  What are the chances I make out of this?  It just seems that it all gets worse with very little progress. When things just get worse and worse for someone, it just seems that everyone shuns you and it makes life unbearably lonely.  I sometimes wish I would die.  It never seems to get better.  I need to hold in my taper because I have been having a really bad time. My blood pressure is very high and I am in tolerance withdrawal to the max.

Klonopin is a monstrous destroyer of lives.  People lose everything and everyone, a story repeated over and over and over.  I talked to the warm line last night and the guy kept telling me to go in for detox.  I couldn't seem to make him understand that detox would be the worst thing. I hear that in detox they rip you off the drugs and discharge you in very unsafe condition.  He was trying to make me see a doctor.  I can't trust a doctor.  All I want is to stay in bed all day.  My motivation is absolute zero.  I can't do anything academically.  Everything I try to read or study is futile due to the cog fog.  I have such a long way to go.  I hope I make it.  I don't even feel like posting here because I am a drag on everyone.  Can anyone help me or is it too late.

Kendall2

Kendall -  You are in the grips of benzo withdrawal and it is seriously messing with your thoughts as it does with everyone who withdrawals from it. You are not damaged from using benzos, you just need to get them out of your system so you can heal. Finish your taper and stay positive. I took benzos for 28 years and my depression lifted about 2 months out and most of my cog fog has lifted as well. I am hoping to be completely healed in 2 or 3 more months. Believe that you will get better because you will !

Patrick