Low dose and heart issues

[Gr...]

I know I've read a lot about heart palpitations in withdrawal and I had some throughout withdrawal but now that I'm on a really low dose they seem to be getting worse.  I've had cardiac tests (Echo/Stress) which are normal and have worn monitors which show tachycardia, slow heart rate, flutters, skipped beats etc.  It wasn't until I looked at my medical records where it showed I had a really bad spell of this when I stopped taking Valium for a few days 2.5 yrs ago, before I knew anything about Valium.  Now that I'm on a low dose it's just terrible.  I fear it will keep getting worse and I'll have to do something about it like take medications (don't want to) or have a catheter ablation. 

I reduced .05ml 8 days ago and today is just the worst, skipped beats, fast heart.  I find 7-14 days after cutting is the worst but get symptoms everyday no matter how long I hold the cut.

Has anyone else had this experience?  If so, was it worse at lower doses?  Does it go away when you get off? 

Thanks.

Yes, there were times I had more palpitations in a minute's time than normal heartbeats.  They're alarming.  I had all the symptoms of a heart attack in women…had a full heart workup and all's well.  My heart is in better shape than most women my age.  Go figure. 

I didn't take any meds for blood pressure or palpitations and all my vital signs have gone back to normal.  My doctor kept telling me if my BP didn't go down she was going to insist on meds to lower blood pressure but it came down before push came to shove…which is what it would have taken to get me to take any more drugs. 

As far as when it all got better, it was in the first few months after my taper ended.  And yes, the end of my taper was where most of the symptoms were the worst.

Chal

MINE were harder on the meds but more frequent off the meds I am 125 days off but it still threatens me to beat hard at night! YES this is part of withdrawl, its brutal!!! I also had issues at different times get high bp or low!! Its the body healing.

Thanks for the input - today has been horrible with these skipped beats and tachycardia.  I feel better with the reassurance though.

Thanks again.

Hi, my heart seems to be all over the place and yet it has tested to be fine.

Hope this helps. I just chalk it up to w/d from the evil drug(s) the doctors give us..

(couldn't help editorializing..)

xoxo Iggy  :smitten:

BTW i was supposed to have the cathetor as well I am glad I waited it out!!! LOW dose Beta blocker, talk to your dr about one for temporary help!! This also has to be weaned off of, if used daily. In my case I take IF NEEDED its been amonth!!! I did the heart monitor- no abnormal rythm, I did ekgs, stress testing, blood work, wore the heart monitor 2 months!!! It was all FINE!!! TIME is the healer. If you feel that your life is in danger seek out a good heart dr!! Just to be safe!!

Hugs,

Happy me

If you continue this way and are deathly afraid, then I would take inderal  for a short while, and see how things go. Betsy