Why can't we Ashton the last mgs?

[os...]

According to Ashtons charts, I would have to make 3 more cuts to get free.

Why is it then that myself and so many others are literally taking months and even longer to lose the last few mgs???

Either we are all crazy or Ashton is some sort of sadist.

Sometimes I think we taper this slow because we fear getting off but I think this is just dragging acute out personally.

Thoughts?

I've been following ashton the whole time, 1 week and no more between drops. It's been a bitch but no worse than the tolerance withdrawal I was in actually probably a lot better overall, at least according to my wife. Everyone is different. But I would hazard a guess that those who took it for anxiety have to go super slow. Just a guess, and absolutely no offense intended. I will not slow down no matter what, consequences be damned. Fuck this crap.  :thumbsup:

Hi Oscar:

I can't tell from your sig  whether or not you're on valium or Librium. For now, I am going to assume that you're on Librium, OK? Ashton's schedule for the last  7.5 mg of librium is insane. If I remember correctly, which I don't often do  :), than I think you're on 7 mg of Librium, which equals 3 mg of V. At stage 14, she wants you to take 7.5 mg of Librium. Then 1 to 2 weeks later, she wants you to take 5 mg of Librium. At stage 16, she wants you to take 2.5 mg of Librium. That would make it a 50% cut. At stage 17, she wants you to drop it completely. That would mean a 100% drop.

Now let's assume you're on 2.8 mg of valium. According to Ashton, she wants you to drop from 3 mg of V to 2 mg. That's a 33% drop. Crazy. Then in one to two weeks, she wants you to drop from 2 mg to 1 mg. That's a 50% drop. Once again, insane. Then in 1 to 2 weeks, she wants you to drop from 1 mg to nothing. That's a 100% drop. When I first read a copy of her drop schedule, I thought it was either a big typo or that she temporarily lost her mind.

Needless to say, those cuts are intolerable and much too much.  I plan to avoid her drop schedule and have done so from the beginning. My cuts, from the very beginning, are much much lower. 3.5% to 4% every two weeks and that's the way it has been for me. When I get down to 10 mg of V, I plan to just drop 2% every three weeks. I have followed my plan since I started dropping my K and made a very slow C/O to V. So far, I have gone from 10 mg of K down to 3.7 mg. Except for some blurry vision, I have 0 s/x. Anxiety, nada. I would just pretend she didn't write that book and do it the way you feel is most comfortable. Betsy

Hi Oscar:

Ashton's schedule for the last  7.5 mg of librium is insane. If I remember correctly, which I don't often do  :), than I think you're on 7 mg of Librium, which equals 3 mg of V. At stage 14, she wants you to take 7.5 mg of Librium. Then 1 to 2 weeks later, she wants you to take 5 mg of Librium. At stage 16, she wants you to take 2.5 mg of Librium. That would make it a 50% cut. At stage 17, she wants you to drop it completely. That would mean a 100% drop. Needless to say, those cuts are intolerable and much too much.  I plan to avoid her drop schedule and have done so from the beginning. My cuts, from the very beginning, are much much lower. 3.5% to 4% and that's the way it has been for me. When I get down to 10 mg of V, I plan to just drop 2% every three weeks. I have followed my plan since I started dropping my K and made a very slow C/O to V. So far, I have gone from 10 mg of K down to 3.7 mg. Except for some blurry vision, I have 0 s/x. Anxiety, nada. I would just pretend she didn't write that book and do it the way you feel is most comfortable. Betsy

It is no wonder her post taper recovery time frames are so long.  :-\

Jackstraw,

I 100% agree. I am getting off tram now- going faster than I should prob now towards the end. But tram does not have long lasting syx like benzos. It will be about 10 weeks total tapering tram, that is long enough!

Than the road on xanax will come and I will not slow down, or updose, or hold for long periods of more than 3 weeks or have any further health tests unless my heart actually stops beating. I am done with this shit and will push through no matter what!

G :tickedoff:

I don't think there is one standard for all people. I am going slow and am feeling better. I will take it slow all the way to 0mgs. My goal is to have the symptoms at a level where I can live my life, so it might take me longer but for me that is what is most important.

I don't think there is one standard for all people. I am going slow and am feeling better. I will take it slow all the way to 0mgs. My goal is to have the symptoms at a level where I can live my life, so it might take me longer but for me that is what is most important.

Everyone really is different. I did far worse on a high dosage of 3mg of Ativan daily, that I'd only been on for a short time, than I am now, on a relatively baby dose of 7 mg Valium at bed. I think I have bad DNA for this stuff, and the fact that I'm also on narcotics for multiple spinal conditions is creating toxicity. So for me, the best choice has been a fast taper. Hang in there everyone, no matter how you're doing this.  :)