Is this "normal"?

[So...]

Gah! This is so discouraging! A week or two ago I felt great! Now I feel awful. :( I haven't changed my dose but I've gotten worse. Is this just how it works? I wake up feeling really awful! Then I seem to improve through the day, then get worse again in the evening. I get really bad muscle pain/tightness all down my spine, to the point I really can't function. I took Advil for it last night--but is that a bad drug to take? I also get this "buzzy" headache, ringing ears, and nausea. I keep feeling like I'm coming down with something but with the symptoms I think it's w/d.

I wonder if hormones are part of the problem. I'm overdue--my cycle had been so crazy the last couple of years. This past fall/winter I pretty much skipped my period for four months. Then in Jan. & Feb. it went back to normal. Now it's "missing" again. I get the feeling that if I would just have a period, I would feel much better.

I'm due for another cut but I'm scared to do it. Will I feel better or worse? I guess no one can know that for sure. That's what it is about this that sucks so much! Not knowing what to expect. :(

What you are going through pretty much sounds like w/d to me. It is true enough that benzos can wreak havoc with hormones, but hormones can also wreak havoc on their own. If it were me I would have a little blood work done specifically addressing the hormone issue - I would get my levels checked just to find out what is going on. During my taper I thought that a lot of what was happening to me was hormonal, but the tests showed that it was not. This knowledge in itself really helped me deal with the w/d symptoms as I now had a firm answer for what was happening to me.

I did go to my gynecologist but he didn't help much.  :( He basically said "you're not ovulating regularly" but didn't really seem to care much as to why. I had my FSH and LH levels checked twice, a few weeks apart. I was told the first test said I was perimenopausal, but the next said I was fine. I should probably call and get a clarification.

There is another doctor I've had recommended to me that might be better for figuring out hormones. I might give him/her a try.

It's just so frustrating 'cuz it's so hard to know what is causing what.  :wacko: