Switching to sub ativan to oral ...question ? Thanks

[...]

Thanks in advance .  This question may sounds redundant but I plan on titrating my ativan but want to switch to 1 mg oral vs sub .  If done some research and come to the conclusion that at the end of the day the only real difference is that sub will reach peak plasma levels a little faster, assuming because it's absorbed faster via sub route .  Not really interested in getting a kick in the proverbial "balls" with systematic frustration with the switch .  Just would like to know if I will notice any difference between the two ? My doc is very willing to work with me on really anything but I don't want to have a script made for the change and then suddenly change back, it looks bad in the sense I would then have a surplus of pills.  Any feedback, suggestions would be great . Was planning on doing the switch and holding for 8 days to ensure stability for change .  Hope if offered enough info to get a solid answer .  FYI I hate benzos, want off more then words describe, took time off work and flew across the country to be with family and ain't going back home till I'm free .

Your research is correct. The sublingual tabs reach the circulation almost instantly through the blood vessels in the mouth, whereas the oral tabs take about 30 to 40 minutes to hit the circulation, be processed in the liver, and then become used by the brain. Also, because of this, the oral tabs will last longer in the system than the sublingual tabs, which tend to start to expire within an hour or so. The SL tabs never worked for me for more than an hour, whereas the oral tabs worked for 4-6 hours. Switching to oral will give you a longer period of use for the drug.