Tolerance and withdrawal??.?

[be...]

Hi all

Just wanted to know can tolerance symptoms also be as bad as withdrawal symptoms, as I am on 2 mg of valium and I had reinstated after being nearly 4 months of it, I am just feeling very lousy and unwell , hardly sleep, huge GI issues.... So just wanted to know if the symptoms are the same...

I am just feeling lousy!!!

Love

Bey

Hi bey :hug:

Sorry your feeling lousy, yes tolerance is as bad, I was in tolerance for a long time before I found out that my meds were causing the problem.

I was a regular at the emergency room long before I started a taper. I always came home feeling like a time waster! When I asked the doctor if it was possibly the meds causing all the symptoms, I was made to feel stupid for asking the question.

I was a total mess, very bad GI problems nausea, IBS, agoraphobia, extreme anxiety, insomnia,, to name but a few symptoms I had in tolerance. I am sure that is why I never stabilised fully throughout my taper.

Hang in there, keep moving forward you will get there again

Magrita

Hello Bey,

Tolerance withdrawal turned out to be almost the worst it was ever going to get for me.

Once I developed it at 12mg diazepam my symptoms stayed relentlessly the same, blipping only slightly, and unpredictably, when I cut 1mg a week until 4mg.

The cuts from 4-3-2mg were the end of the world...and the beginning of acute withdrawal. After the dust settled, after I settled because I was at this time very scared of what was to come, it was tolerance withdrawal all over again.

I continued to be scared, afraid I wouldn't cope when I jumped if it got worse. Then, I did jump...and it didn't.

Jumping was a non-event, I had already fallen off that particular cliff and it wasn't long before I was glad I had...for the first time in a long time I started to experience better days, not great but better.

Take care,

spartacus x

You've gotten some great replies. Yes, some of us have reached tolerance and have to taper in this state. Sorry to hear you're part of the club, I'm one of them too. It makes things harder, but it is doable. You just carry on and it will get better.

Hugs and hang in there,

Cate

Hi

Thank you for the replies, I have improved in some areas mainly my stamina when exercising, but when fatigue hits me I feel wiped out, my stomach has just not been good since god only knows when, my sleep sucks, I fall asleep pretty quickly cause I am so tired but then keep waking up through the night, and every night I have dreams and nightmares that seem so real, mornings are so hard for me and then I have to go through the whole thing again....just so tough..

Love

Bey

Hi all

Just wanted to know can tolerance symptoms also be as bad as withdrawal symptoms, as I am on 2 mg of valium and I had reinstated after being nearly 4 months of it, I am just feeling very lousy and unwell , hardly sleep, huge GI issues.... So just wanted to know if the symptoms are the same...

I am just feeling lousy!!!

Love

Bey

Tolerance simply means your med no longer has any therapeutic effect...it just stops working, it no longer relieves your symptoms.  Tolerance will not directly cause any symptoms, although your original sympstoms will likely return ("rebound")

Tolerance withdrawal ("relative withdrawal") is a condition where you begin to experience withdrawal effects, even though you continue to take your normal dose of med.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/benzodiazepine-information/tolerance-and-dependency/

For me,

Tolerance wd and interdose wd have been the most painful periods of my life, both made me so sick, bedridden sick, and had me at the ER, drs so much trying to figure out what was wrong with me. Nothing is wrong, I am in tolerance wd from the med they had me on called xanax. I figured that out, no help from the medical field.

I too began my taper with tolerance w/ds. Have many symptoms with reasonable taper..no stabilization, I hope i enjoy some of that when I cross over to valium.  Best healing wishes to all.