My Mate Angie UK Flying The Benzo Flag For Us All

[Ma...]

Angie has constantly done her utmost to keep the benzo issue in the news, This is her latest article in the Sunday Telegraph....She's a true benzo trouper...She's also done other articles and tv appearances, even whilst she's been in the height of w/d....I'm dead proud of her.... :)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/main.jhtml?xml=/health/2008/11/02/st_drugs.xml

Here is the updated link to the article....http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/women_shealth/3394846/Women-and-drug-addiction.html

She's captured it all, the whole experience, and said it for all of us.  I hope caral sees this.  How wonderful to know she can now enjoy riding a bike with her daughter.  ;D

She's captured it all, the whole experience, and said it for all of us.  I hope caral sees this.  How wonderful to know she can now enjoy riding a bike with her daughter.   ;D

Yep, Angie was on benzos for forty years, Kathie....Now look at her!  :yippee:  We all know that healing comes......We just need to have patience.... :) 

PS: Hey Ange, I hope you're reading this! You're looking good there, young un!   ;)  :smitten:

hi ya marnie thanks for thinking of me when you found that article that just about what happened to me and about the same time give or take a year it really made me tearfull vic found it and called me to look i was in the kitcheni will never forgive the medical profession for what they did to me stole all these years of my life my story is so long i just wouldnt have room to print it all here i really woudnt i only hope and pray that i make this journey to the end and able to have the last chapter of my life drug free thanks everyone on this wonderfull forum that has helped me i know you have heard it before but i just couldnt have even started it without you all i have no help all my life just pills pills and more pills  :)  :angel:  :smitten:  i mean it when i say i love you all and thank you all from the bottom of my heart may you all get well and heal from this poison love caral xx

Thanks Marnie.

I just want to give Caral encouragement. Well everyone really. As Marnie knows I was sooooo ill for a long time. I look back now and its horrifying to think how I was in withdrawal and on the pills. I never ever thought I would get better. I spent two years or more totally on my own, most of the time laying on my bed. Having support from internet forums was the only thing that kept me going.

I have to say though that it was all worth it to come off. I know that now. I used to say I was so much better on them than off them but now I know that I was only half alive on them. I had no depth at all. Nothing excited me. I wasnt depressed but was unable to enjoy anything much at all. I was always ill with something or other and had so many non specific illnesses.

Up until recently I still didnt feel confident enough to do things. I was scared of visiting people and couldnt have people in my home. If someone kn ocked on my door I was go into a state of panic. Even having my lovely kids visit me filed me with fear and I was ill worrying about it. I am fine now with it all. My life is opening up to me.

I still have days when I am not brilliant. I still get some withdrawals but they are very manageable on the whole.

I find all the time that I am doing things that I couldnt do before. I was chatting on my mobile the other day walking down the road. Before I could never had done that as I couldnt concentrate. I can read books now. I went out for a drink - well not alcohol and I wasnt exhausted and didnt sit fidgeting and feeling dizzy and wanting to run out.

I do keep as fit as I can. I exercise every day for an hour and eat very healthily. I dont have caffiene, alcohol, sugars and I dont smoke. I just try to keep as healthy as I can. Its a small price to pay to get better.

I have even had a few days where I felt so energetic I just wanted to run for miles. I resisted the urge!!! So please stick with it and in your darkest hour keep knowing that you will recover. If I did it = totally on my own - you can too. I live alone and have no family anywhere near me.

Hope this gives you all hope.

Love Angiexxx

angie it is so wonderful to have met you, thank you so much for coming back on the forum and telling your story and for your words of encouragement you certainly are a very courageous lady and i send you all the best of every thing for the future, may you continue to be well and strong and live a happy life, all my sincere love and gratitude to you, love caral, not feeling so good at the moment but I would love to have more communication with you. Thankyou dear lady.I will have to have a rest for a while Bless you Love Caral/Vic xx  :smitten: 

Hi Angie :yippee:

You sound like your doing really well now.....im so pleased to hear that.....i think about you often wondering whats going on in your life  :smitten:

I will go read your new article now

take care my friend :thumbsup:

Hi Caral I am more than happy to hear from you if you have anything you want to talk about thats bothering you. Marnie can give you my email address.

Hi Timber, Marnie and Chris. Chris I did send you an email but wonder if you still have the email address I used. I have lots for you. Let me know. Angiexxx

Hi Caral I am more than happy to hear from you if you have anything you want to talk about thats bothering you. Marnie can give you my email address.

Hiya, Ange...

I'll PM your email addy to Caral...... :smitten:

I have to say though that it was all worth it to come off. I know that now. I used to say I was so much better on them than off them but now I know that I was only half alive on them. I had no depth at all. Nothing excited me. I wasnt depressed but was unable to enjoy anything much at all. I was always ill with something or other and had so many non specific illnesses.

Up until recently I still didnt feel confident enough to do things. I was scared of visiting people and couldnt have people in my home. If someone kn ocked on my door I was go into a state of panic. Even having my lovely kids visit me filed me with fear and I was ill worrying about it. I am fine now with it all. My life is opening up to me.

I still have days when I am not brilliant. I still get some withdrawals but they are very manageable on the whole.

I find all the time that I am doing things that I couldnt do before. I was chatting on my mobile the other day walking down the road. Before I could never had done that as I couldnt concentrate. I can read books now. I went out for a drink - well not alcohol and I wasnt exhausted and didnt sit fidgeting and feeling dizzy and wanting to run out.

Hope this gives you all hope.

Love Angiexxx

I am recently off lorazepam and your post gives me hope, too.  What you described is exactly how I was; I thought I was depressed and had an anxiety disorder all those years but it was the pills I was taking every day that took away my capacity for joy and ability to function.  I've also seen some improvement - I can read a book, too! -but have a ways to go.  From your story, I have renewed hope that I will get there.  Thanks so much, angie.  ;D

Angie-

Thanks for posting, very inspirational and it really puts thing in perspective.  I also tapered alone, but found some great peeps here to help me out.

Again thanks for sharing your story and I'm glad you are doing better.  :)

Keith