Taking Our Benzo Fight Public & Global

[be...]

Dear fellow members,

I hope this inspires you. I am embarking upon a large scale public campaign to raise awareness about benzos.

Please see “My Publicity” on the top menu of my website (Benzo Case Japan).

My story and website are appearing in Japan’s largest newspaper (Yomiuri) on Friday, 11th April. Possible television appearances are also in the pipeline and I intend on going global with a message on behalf of all us victims.

Also, please check out “My Activities” by going to the “News” section on the bottom menu of any page of my website. You’ll see that I have been doing some work with Prof. Ashton. I am also applying to speak at the ISAM 2014 international conference being held in Yokohama, Japan this October.

Whilst visiting my website, could you please click on the facebook “Like” button, as I’m going to need all the (moral) support I can get.

Thank you!

Wayne Douglas

http://www.benzo-case-japan.com/index-english.php

I think I like what little I read, and saw.  Something about your approach. 

I'll get back and read more, later.    :)

Hi Benzocase

I'm impressed with all you've done.

I couldn't get tell from your website: did you win the appealed case in the supreme court?

What work are you doing with prof Ashton out of curiosity?

Well done. It takes a brave soul to do what you did and pursue it with the only reason 'that it was right'.

luv

Smiff

High five to you benzocase!

I can' t yet imagine a time when I would be able to fight the good fight let alone do so in a language and culture not my own.

An amazing effort.

Take care,

spartacus

No I didn't win the case, actaully I think I did, but it was more a case of being denied... I assisted in the translation of the Ashton manaual in Japanese....

Although use for this indication is lower than in many European countries, Japan has the highest average consumption rate of “sedative-hypnotic” benzodiazepines in the world with the only exception being Belgium (See Figure 26 on page 39).

I was really suprised to read the above quote.  I remember reading something about the marketing of antidepressant drugs in Japan where it stated that the Japanese think the qualities associated with depression (introversion, etc) are good and therefore they were not a good market for antidepressants.  I guess anxiety is another story though.

I really admire what you are doing benzocase.  Good luck! 

• 2 weeks later...

Dear fellow members,

I hope this inspires you. I am embarking upon a large scale public campaign to raise awareness about benzos.

Please see My Publicity on the top menu of my website (Benzo Case Japan).

My story and website are appearing in Japans largest newspaper (Yomiuri) on Friday, 11th April. Possible television appearances are also in the pipeline and I intend on going global with a message on behalf of all us victims.

Thank you, Wayne..will be in touch..nl

Also, please check out My Activities by going to the News section on the bottom menu of any page of my website. Youll see that I have been doing some work with Prof. Ashton. I am also applying to speak at the ISAM 2014 international conference being held in Yokohama, Japan this October.

Whilst visiting my website, could you please click on the facebook Like button, as Im going to need all the (moral) support I can get.

Thank you!

Wayne Douglas

http://www.benzo-case-japan.com/index-english.php

This is really great. Thank you! Glad that your a voice for Japan, as I feel like many Asian countries, especially Japan and South Korea are very behind on mental health awareness in general, and often quick to prescribe psych meds but reluctant to use therapy and other mental health services- which needs to change! Thanks again for spreading awareness.

• 2 months later...
THANK YOU SO, SO MUCH!!!!! I wish I had the courage, as you do, to go public. I'm absolutely thrilled that you're doing this, benzocase!!! From the bottom of my heart, I wish you all the best of luck to bring about much-needed change that has been extremely lacking. You rock, guy, and I'm with you all the way!!!  :smitten:

• 1 year later...

This guy has a website that is pretty informative.  I won't link to it as he does solicit for donations.

July 11 is World Benzo Awareness Day.  He has posters/flyers available for copying, along with Jennifer Leigh's letter to your doctor.

Lots of quotes, lots of good information. 

Wayne,

Viewed your website and read the part about Prof. Ashton saying that the medical profession should take much of the responsibility for this and wanted to share with you a conversation I had with my dr. at my last appt.  In Jan. of this year, I switched to a new family dr. and at my first several appts, I saw the P.A.....but at my last appt. a few days ago, I actually saw the dr. herself this time and I gave her the low-down on the whole benzo nightmare I am in even at 24 months benzo free getting sicker and sicker and told her the name of the dr. who originally prescribed Lorazepam to me as a result of me crying a lot when my mother passed away and she acknowledged that I never should have been prescribed a benzo in the first place and that the drs. in my area are well aware of the dr. I named as the one who prescribed Lorazepam to me and the fact that he freely prescribes benzos and that he is also known as the "go to" dr. by people in the area who are drug addicted because he will prescribe anything they want.  Then I asked her why nothing is being done to stop him...and she then went on to say that nothing is being done about him b/c he hasn't done anything malicious !  Then I could see she was taking offense to this topic and said to me, "where does the patient's responsibility come in?"  and she took even more offense when I said, "why am I paying to see a dr. if I have to research everything myself anyway?  Isn't that your job?  Isn't it your job to know the specifics of drugs and their interactions and provide full disclosure to your patients before prescribing the medication?"....and she didn't answer me and  immediately changed the subject. 

Thank for taking this benzo fight public and warning others of the ramifications of taking this poison.\

Blessings,

Brunette  :smitten:

High five! way to go!!! Im praying for your strength and endurance...I dont do social media but will support you any way I can from here!!!!😎