Check this out

[al...]

The psychiatrist on that clip actually said that Ambien is not physically addicting.  Doctors really believe that!

[8a...]

Just replying to the same comments. I read an article recently that said Z drugs were originally designed to be a "safer alternative" to benzos, but they are now finding out that for many dependency forms faster than with benzos and the w/d symptoms can actually be worse.

I just shook my head literally when listening to that recording. How can a psychiatrist actually say that and keep a straight face? Kind of a rhetorical question I guess.

I have been told by someone who knows Ashton and who designs tapers for people all over the world, that there is a culture of silence regarding benzos and other psych drugs and I do believe that to be true. She also told me that many non psych drugs have a w/d profile similar to benzos. Some of these drugs are thyroid meds, beta blockers and acne meds. She suggested reading the book Best Pills, Worst Pills b/c it talks a lot about these issues in the book.

Just replying to the same comments. I read an article recently that said Z drugs were originally designed to be a "safer alternative" to benzos, but they are now finding out that for many dependency forms faster than with benzos and the w/d symptoms can actually be worse.

All you have to do is look at history to see the trend with meds. Heroin was initially marketed as a non-addictive treatment for morphine addiction. And what was morphine first used for? As a non-addictive treatment for people addicted to opium.

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131224233033/prettylittleliars/images/f/fb/The_more_you_know_banner.jpg

[8a...]

All you have to do is look at history to see the trend with meds. Heroin was initially marketed as a non-addictive treatment for morphine addiction. And what was morphine first used for? As a non-addictive treatment for people addicted to opium.

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131224233033/prettylittleliars/images/f/fb/The_more_you_know_banner.jpg

Yes one of the most interesting videos I have watched recently is the one that was posted on Dr Jenns blog which outlined the history of psychiatry and the testing with drugs that was performed on the soldiers. One can't dwell on it but it is important to be informed.

Precisely the pattern that can be seen throughout the pharma industry. 

The very same industry, incidentally, that lobbies for prison sentences for people who use cannabis or magic mushrooms.  :idiot: 

• 2 weeks later...

Alesandra Rain, now that's one great lady! So proud of her!

The psychiatrist saying that Ambien is not addictive - scary.

Precisely the pattern that can be seen throughout the pharma industry. 

The very same industry, incidentally, that lobbies for prison sentences for people who use cannabis or magic mushrooms.  :idiot:

Yep!

I rely on Fox News for all my drug information.  Just the other day on Hannity there was a nice doctor telling us how children can now use cannabis recreationally in Colorado since it was legalized whereas with alcohol they can't because you have to be... and I quote, "18" to drink.

Sure Hannity opened up the segment by reaffirming the law in Colorado states only those over 21 can purchase and consume cannabis legally, and yes it was only about fifteen seconds later when the good doctor opened his mouth and a turd with legs crawled out and into the ears of Fox News viewers, and yes Hannity and the other guests just smiled and agreed with him knowing darn well the drinking age is 21 here, but like their motto states "Fair And Ballanced."  They have to balance facts with BS.

[To our readers outside the US we should clarify that the personalities on Fox News aren't actors jokingly playing the roll of the aloof conservative of yesteryear like Steven Colbert.  They are indeed real people.  This is how they really are.  I'm not joking.]

I rely on Fox News for all my drug information. 

LOL. :D

Oh, I like your dry sense of humour a lot :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

I rely on Fox News for all my drug information.  Just the other day on Hannity there was a nice doctor telling us how children can now use cannabis recreationally in Colorado since it was legalized whereas with alcohol they can't because you have to be... and I quote, "18" to drink.

Sure Hannity opened up the segment by reaffirming the law in Colorado states only those over 21 can purchase and consume cannabis legally, and yes it was only about fifteen seconds later when the good doctor opened his mouth and a turd with legs crawled out and into the ears of Fox News viewers, and yes Hannity and the other guests just smiled and agreed with him knowing darn well the drinking age is 21 here, but like their motto states "Fair And Ballanced."  They have to balance facts with BS.

[To our readers outside the US we should clarify that the personalities on Fox News aren't actors jokingly playing the roll of the aloof conservative of yesteryear like Steven Colbert.  They are indeed real people.  This is how they really are.  I'm not joking.]

:laugh:

Yes and I'll take this chance just to apologize on behalf of all Australians - I can do that right? - for Australia's least helpful export: Rupert Murdoch

Alesandra Rain was the only one that got it right.

Love your sense of humor Triste.....

and Bill O'Reilly is scary enough with no drugs, can you imagine him on drugs??? Scary.

Thanks for posting this information. I immediately think Xanax, Klonopin or Ambien  when there is mass shooting.

Love and healing,

Causing