Important Survey - Please Participate ×

So much of this WD is basically DP/DR.

[os...]

I think benzo withdrawal is like that for many of us.

High anxiety states cause depersonalization and derealization.

When I am stable and feeling OK, my dp/dr is relatively low and tolerable do a degree.

When I make reductions, the weirdness that I feel is simply dp/dr ramping up...

I think this then creates more anxiety and then makes the dp/dr even worse !!!

It is what makes the world seem strange and creates that disconnect and also a loss of sense of self.

It pretty much sums up my worst symptom, I am going to look more into this and read up about it.

The more I know about dp/dr, maybe the less I will fear it?

Anyone else feel they are "lost" in this much of the time? Do you feel distant from who you are and also have a sense of surrealism with your surroundings?

I know I do.

If I painted myself blue I could be in Avatar world sometimes.  :laugh:

It's a trip but one that I understand a bit better now.

Sleep deprivation makes it worse...  :-\

I feel like Matthew Perry in the film "Numb" except I can actually feel myself (thank God) My lips went numb once but over all I can sense myself physically, I just don't feel like ME any longer... it's mild but it is not very nice.

It is a little better than it was earlier in my taper... well, a lot better in many ways but still bad.

Hi dear :). Isn't it interesting how that part of tapering hasn't bothered me but the physical syx have kicked my ass! So weird how brains work. Do I feel like myself? No. But I contribute that too the physical syx keeping me in bed! I just find it interesting. I know I will never take another benzo for as long as I live!!! This has been pure hell!

DP/DR has been my worst symptom. Sometimes it is so severe that it makes me scared that I am going crazy or that I will be stuck this way forever, but I know that isn't true. I will be fine... regardless of what my benzo-brain tells me.

I'm jumping in a little over 3 weeks, and I can't wait. That's when the real healing will begin.

DP/DR has been my worst symptom. Sometimes it is so severe that it makes me scared that I am going crazy or that I will be stuck this way forever, but I know that isn't true. I will be fine... regardless of what my benzo-brain tells me.

I'm jumping in a little over 3 weeks, and I can't wait. That's when the real healing will begin.

Good luck to you! Betsy

This is why I taper like a snail, my anxiety goes through the roof when I start to fade into the abyss... bloody HATE it... makes me feel crazy and it scares the crap out of me, I am now trying to get a grip now I know it is "just" derealization...

Good luck with the finish.  :thumbsup: