Author Topic: morning anxiety  (Read 2731 times)

[Buddie]

Re: morning anxiety
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2008, 11:12:33 pm »
I found the same thing when taking my Clonazepam 3x/day.  I am now taking it just 1x at bedtime and it seems to help, though it gets a little rough late afternoon/early evening.  Clonazepam is a longer acting benzo though, so I'm not sure how much my experience applies.

I've considered going back to 2x/day, morning and evening, but I'm concerned I'd start having the paradoxical effects in the am again, and I'm just starting to get used to getting some work done...

- John
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2008, 11:58:36 pm »
T2, no interdosal w/d, just the morning anxiety.

[...], is it important that I keep it 8 hours apart though?  right now I am taking 1/3 of my mixture at 6 am, 2 pm and 10 pm.   Not sure how I could change this so the morning one is later and the evening one is earlier...unless I tried 2x a day  8 am and 8 pm.....any more thots?

Yea, John, I  don't think once a day would be feasible....lorazapam half life is 10 -20 hours, so maybe 2x a day would work.  Probably won't know for sure until I try it....I hate this trial and error stuff :(
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2008, 12:47:04 am »
T2, no interdosal w/d, just the morning anxiety.

[...], is it important that I keep it 8 hours apart though?  right now I am taking 1/3 of my mixture at 6 am, 2 pm and 10 pm.   Not sure how I could change this so the morning one is later and the evening one is earlier...unless I tried 2x a day  8 am and 8 pm.....any more thots?

Yea, John, I  don't think once a day would be feasible....lorazapam half life is 10 -20 hours, so maybe 2x a day would work.  Probably won't know for sure until I try it....I hate this trial and error stuff :(
Because you are experiencing paradoxical effects in the morning, I don't think the usual advice about evenly spacing your doses is as important as finding the best time to take your doses.  I suppose if it were me, I'd start inching that morning dose toward, say 11-12, an hour a day and see if it helped the morning anxiety.  If that went well, I'd probably do the same with the 10pm dose, but move it earlier an hour a day to see if it helped sleep.  (Or you could try the moving the evening dose first; it really doesn't matter.  I just wouldn't change them both at the same time.)

Does this make sense?

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2008, 02:26:13 am »
Hi [...],

sorry that you are having morning anxiety, I am not experiencing much anxiety right now, but the night time sleep issues still continue, so i adjusted my time from 11 pm to 10-1030 pm, since I took the pill a litte earlier, it did its damage (anoying me and keep me up earlier) and i am able to get to sleep a little earlier as well.

Be strong and keep moving forward!

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2008, 01:20:46 pm »
Thanks for the suggestions.  I am going to try moving the am dose later each day.  Today I moved it 1 hour and will continue.  I did have less anxiety this morning anyway.  Who knows, maybe it was all just a fluke and didnt' mean anything.